Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
August 4th, 2015 at 8:18:12 PM permalink
These seems to be the norm with them across the board with CET, though I still think poker is still great there.

Season win totals are now juiced at -115, vs -110 everywhere else. It's really conspicuous and the bets are pretty good ones for the house as it is. Seems like a gratuitous FU to the customer.

I also got a kick out of some of their futures bets, in which the odds for the whole pool keep getting worse as people make their bets, rather than balancing out.

To Win AFC East:

Open Current
Broncos -240 -240
Chiefs 4/1 3/1
Chargers 4/1 7/2
Raiders 15/1 5/1

How do even recreational bettors not see that as a middle finger? There are lots of losing to break even bettors who understand enough to avoid a book that's this blatant about ripping them off. I guess they have reasons for doing it this way, though.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
August 4th, 2015 at 9:17:08 PM permalink
Lots of places now deal 30-cent lines on most props.

Sometimes the smaller the market, the better it is to see higher commission. If everyone (players and house) know the juice is too high, they often won't change the odds. Best bets I made on baseball futures this year the book was effectively dealing -130 on both sides. Because no one would bet them, they didn't move even after new information about the teams came out

Quote: Rigondeaux

To Win AFC East:

Open Current
Broncos -240 -240
Chiefs 4/1 3/1
Chargers 4/1 7/2
Raiders 15/1 5/1

So now you know if you bet early you actually have a chance to make a good bet on something that is usually a ripoff
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
August 5th, 2015 at 1:39:08 PM permalink
Those are good points. In fact I bet the As over (doh!) because their number remained the same as others moved up. They definitely post some bettable stuff, in spite of their efforts.

For someone who just wants to bet on his team and have fun, it's still kind of a petty rip off. I suppose they know what they are doing, but -115 is the sort of thing that jumps out at even many recreational bettors. Especially on a bet where they get to hold your money for six months.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
August 5th, 2015 at 2:13:56 PM permalink
For a $100 bettor, that means this rip off costs $2 per year (or maybe up to $8 if he bets all four major sports). Slightly worse than the change to 6-5 Blackjack, but like you said, this bet gives you six months worth of action, compared to 60 seconds worth, so wouldn't be too much to think that most recreational bettors don't have a problem with it
  • Jump to: