vpnana
vpnana
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
Mission146
August 5th, 2021 at 8:41:56 AM permalink
I use the basic strategy for Ultimate X 10 play 9/6 DDB from the Wizard of Odds website. Is this also the best strategy to use on 3 play? Thinking so, but I haven't been able to find confirmation anywhere. Thanks!
Last edited by: vpnana on Aug 5, 2021
HopHoofer
HopHoofer
October 14th, 2021 at 12:09:19 PM permalink
Not really. The basic strategy works better for more hands since the cost of errors can be balanced well if you play more hands. For playing less hands, the cost of errors can be high. Technically, for each possible sum of the multipliers on the current hands, the strategy may change for the same dealt hand. So playing perfect strategy is basically not feasible.

For example, you should hold Ace and a high card if there is no multipliers (sum is 3X), but holding only Ace if it is more than a threshold. For full house with 3 Aces like AAAKK, sometimes you hold full house and sometimes 3 Aces. But the formula is different between 3 and 10 plays.

Lots of recreational players use the strategy of regular DDB playing the ultimate X version and they won’t even get close to the theoretical return.
Last edited by: HopHoofer on Oct 14, 2021
vpnana
vpnana
October 14th, 2021 at 12:22:54 PM permalink
Thanks! Have been practicing with some ult x software and noticed what you hold may change with increased multipliers. Think I’m getting the hang of it.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
October 14th, 2021 at 11:00:55 PM permalink
Quote: vpnana

Thanks! Have been practicing with some ult x software and noticed what you hold may change with increased multipliers. Think I’m getting the hang of it.
link to original post

Yes, your hold depends on the sum of the multipliers. Virtually impossible to understand all correct possible plays. But I still love it!
3for3
3for3
Thanked by
vpnana
October 17th, 2021 at 8:45:37 AM permalink
The 10 play strategy assumes we will be close to 2x multipliers. This is more likely to be true with 10 play than 3 play. You should take a look and see what changes should be made when you have NO multipliers, as this comes up a lot. Hint, you play for straights and flushes a lot more when you have no multipliers. Also, take a look at the strategy for 6x+ multipliers. There, you will be going for the current hand more at the expense of the future multipliers. I'd guess that the cost for using a single strategy, which is about .08 at 10 play is much higher for 3x play.
  • Jump to: