Luiggi
Luiggi
  • Threads: 1
July 29th, 2019 at 7:54:31 AM permalink
Hi to all.

Does somebody know what is the mathematical formula to calculate the break-even point for a progressive jackpot?

EX:
I have VP 2 Pairs Joker with 3 way progressive: RF, 5oaK, SF, Mistery.
RF progressive start at $10k and max $10 coin-in.
The house edge “of the top” is 0.981177 (Wizard VP Analyser).
The movement: RF $,03 per $10 coin-in.
5aoK $,01 per $10
SF $,01 per $10
Mistry $,01 per $10

My questions:
- What is the break-even point for RF?
- What is the percentage add/rate for each progressive (RF, 5oaK, SF)?

Thanks for any help.
GaryJKoehler
GaryJKoehler
  • Threads: 9
July 29th, 2019 at 1:27:20 PM permalink
I don't know of any formula. However it isn't too hard to compute a breakeven with just one progressive (usually the RSF). With multiple progressive items, things get a bit more complicated but since you know the movements per coin-in, that shouldn't be too hard. Before going further, what is the Mystery item?? Pardon my ignorance on that.
drrock
drrock
  • Threads: 3
July 30th, 2019 at 9:33:29 AM permalink
The break-even point for a RF would depend on the levels of the other progressives along with whatever the Mystery Bonus is. It would be helpful to provide details as Dr. Koehler as indicated above.

Also, in order to have a chance at computing an understandable answer for your question, providing the exact pay schedule for each final hand outcome, the denomination that you are playing, and the starting values for the other progressives (either in coins or dollars) would be helpful if not essential.

You said this was a 3-way progressive yet you provided 4 different meter rise numbers. And I am wondering about a 5th (Wild Royal Flush, maybe?). 2-pair Joker games usually have a payout for a RF with Joker in addition to a SF payout even though they may be the same payout. Maybe on your machine the SF is combined with a Wild Royal Flush? If so, it would be helpful to clarify that.

I am assuming that when you are talking about a RF, you mean a Natural Royal Flush with no Joker?

Since you are saying that the progressive starts at $10,000, I am guessing that you are playing a $2 per coin machine with a Natural Royal Flush pay schedule of 1000 per coin?

But I could not find a pay schedule that had an expectation of 0.981177.

For example, if the pay schedule were as follows (per coin), I get an EV of 0.982682.

Natural Royal Flush 1000
Five of a Kind 100
Wild Royal Flush 50
Straight Flush 50
Four of a Kind 19
Full House 8
Flush 7
Straight 5
Three of a Kind 2
Two Pair 1
Nothing 0

So maybe at least one of the above is too high, so that the EV is reduced, and the "Mystery" bonus pays off in such a way to balance out to give a starting EV of 0.981177? Solving the "Mystery" bonus makes solving the breakeven formula less of a mystery! ;0)

If you nail down all the specifics asked for above, it may become less complicated to try and explain the formula to use if you wanted to play only when the EV was at or above breakeven.

Best of luck!
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
  • Threads: 3
July 31st, 2019 at 3:41:13 PM permalink
Get the Winpoker app ( or a similar one)

Put in values of the progressives until the RTP=100%, or alternatively, put in the current value of the progressives and see what the RTP is.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
  • Jump to: