TerribleTom
TerribleTom
Joined: Feb 18, 2014
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 319
July 24th, 2014 at 6:49:59 PM permalink
Heads up, advantage players!

The video poker progressive jackpot for a non-wild Royal Flush at the Sherwood Bar inside Excalibur was >$2600 this morning.

That means your $1.25 5-credit pay table that would normally pay 4000 credits ($1000) is now paying in excess of 10K credits.

Even with the taxes you'd have to pay, this has got to be a heck of an advantage play right now. I'd love to know what the EV is on it.

I think the bartender said there are only 18 terminals that feed/pay the progressive jackpot.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
July 24th, 2014 at 7:00:18 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
cf1984
cf1984
Joined: Jul 19, 2014
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 32
July 24th, 2014 at 8:36:01 PM permalink
Quote: TerribleTom

Heads up, advantage players!

The video poker progressive jackpot for a non-wild Royal Flush at the Sherwood Bar inside Excalibur was >$2600 this morning.

That means your $1.25 5-credit pay table that would normally pay 4000 credits ($1000) is now paying in excess of 10K credits.

Even with the taxes you'd have to pay, this has got to be a heck of an advantage play right now. I'd love to know what the EV is on it.

I think the bartender said there are only 18 terminals that feed/pay the progressive jackpot.



I believe you add about .2 percent for each extra 400 coins. So that would about be about 3.2 percent. So if the game is 97% or higher at base, then it's over 100%. Might not be that great with a bad pay table and would be very high variance. Maybe worth a short term shot.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
July 24th, 2014 at 8:49:14 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6272
July 24th, 2014 at 11:39:02 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

If it were 7/5 JoB, it would be a hair short of 100%



The highest quarter progressive I've found was about that high. Was in tunica within the last year. Best game was 15/10 double deuces (98.86% before prog).

As for Excal, I know they have some horrendous bartops. I saw a trip report on VMB and they were playing 6/5 DDB (94.66% before progressive)
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 4358
July 25th, 2014 at 2:52:32 AM permalink
Having never played a bartop machine, I am wondering if you are required to drink from the bar while playing? That could be a hidden expense.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2233
July 25th, 2014 at 3:23:44 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Having never played a bartop machine, I am wondering if you are required to drink from the bar while playing? That could be a hidden expense.

I'll take the risk that the question is on the level and give a straight reply, if indirectly. The usual question is: "How much do I have to pretend to play on it in order to get the free drinks?"
"I'm against stuff like crack and math" --AxelWolf
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
July 25th, 2014 at 5:03:50 AM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

I'll take the risk that the question is on the level and give a straight reply, if indirectly. The usual question is: "How much do I have to pretend to play on it in order to get the free drinks?"



I actually have seen people asked to leave the bar area because they were playing a machine and not drinking. It was a busy night and drinks are not free. I am not sure if this was a casino rule or if it was a rogue bartender trying to get rid of non tippers.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 258
  • Posts: 8447
July 25th, 2014 at 5:14:57 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Quote: DrawingDead

I'll take the risk that the question is on the level and give a straight reply, if indirectly. The usual question is: "How much do I have to pretend to play on it in order to get the free drinks?"



I actually have seen people asked to leave the bar area because they were playing a machine and not drinking. It was a busy night and drinks are not free. I am not sure if this was a casino rule or if it was a rogue bartender trying to get rid of non tippers.



Hmm, its free in Atlantic City when you gamble at the bar. My daughter only gambles at the bartops because they serve the real alcohol, not the watered down crap on the gaming floor.

A funny aside: I was gambling at the bartop with my son standing behind me. I don't drink but he does so he ordered something. I informed the bartender he was with me so the drink was free. "I didn't know the drinks were free, i'd have ordered something more expensive," replied my son.

After about ten minutes, I was finished and cashed out. "Hold up, I just want to order one more drink," said my son.

He ordered and a few moments later the bartender brought over the more expensive drink my son had naturally ordered. "Eleven bucks," said the bartender.

"What, I thought the drinks were free."

"You're not gambling now," replied the bartender. My son had to fork over eleven bucks.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
July 25th, 2014 at 5:23:46 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!

  • Jump to: