AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
May 21st, 2014 at 12:41:24 PM permalink
Normally, when I want to simulate a video poker game, I don't need to simulate the actual game. The expected return tables on WoO include the probability of each result, so I can just pick random numbers between 0 and 1 and see which bucket they fall into -- no simulation of actual cards required.

I'd like to run simulations for spin poker. Right now I'm interested in 3 lines, but eventually I'd like to be able to do it for any number of lines (obviously 1 line is the same as regular VP, but due to the correlation between different lines, each number of lines seems to be a separate problem). Is there somewhere where I can generate the probabilities of each possible payout for 3 lines of spin poker? Or, is this information available somewhere? I could do it myself but that's a lot of work (I don't have a VP simulator so I'd be starting from scratch). If someone already has this info, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
May 25th, 2014 at 4:52:06 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Normally, when I want to simulate a video poker game, I don't need to simulate the actual game. The expected return tables on WoO include the probability of each result, so I can just pick random numbers between 0 and 1 and see which bucket they fall into -- no simulation of actual cards required.

I'd like to run simulations for spin poker. Right now I'm interested in 3 lines, but eventually I'd like to be able to do it for any number of lines (obviously 1 line is the same as regular VP, but due to the correlation between different lines, each number of lines seems to be a separate problem). Is there somewhere where I can generate the probabilities of each possible payout for 3 lines of spin poker? Or, is this information available somewhere? I could do it myself but that's a lot of work (I don't have a VP simulator so I'd be starting from scratch). If someone already has this info, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Is it possible for you to move down in denom so as to play all nine lines?

I had a spin poker full pay joker play with several promotions running for quite awhile at the Hotel Nevada in Ely.

Some of the things I remember about hitting royals when you are playing nine lines:

You hit a royal either 1-way, 2-ways, 3-ways, 5-ways, 9-ways. Of course, the 9-way is a dealt royal. The only way to hit a 5-way is to be dealt a four card royal, then you have to be drawing to the third column. If the royal card lands on the top or the bottom you make a 2-way. If it lands in the middle you make a 5-way. If you are drawing to a four card royal in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, or 5th columns and the royal card lands in any position you will make a 3-way.

Drawing to 3-card royals you will make either a 1-way, 2-way or 3-way.

It is extremely rare to make a 3-way while drawing to a 2-card royal, but it can be done. Most of the time you will make a 1-way.

When drawing to a 1-card royal it is only possible to make a 1-way royal.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
May 25th, 2014 at 4:58:32 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

It is extremely rare to make a 3-way while drawing to a 2-card royal, but it can be done. Most of the time you will make a 1-way.

The only way to make a 3-way when drawing to a 2-card royal is the royal cards have to be in the 2nd and 4th positions. On the draw, if the royal cards land perfect you will make a 3-way.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
May 26th, 2014 at 11:03:00 AM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

Is it possible for you to move down in denom so as to play all nine lines?

It's a 20-line machine (spin poker deluxe). Unfortunately, the good pay table is only available at the highest denom.

I think I'm just going to simulate it to estimate probabilities of each total payout.
  • Jump to: