ClarkWGriswold
ClarkWGriswold
  • Threads: 8
August 12th, 2013 at 2:47:03 PM permalink
The best I've got is:
I once played a promotion that was
$2 10/6/40 DDB Single-Line
Slot club returned .5% in comps
Promo was for every $1 in comps you earned, they gave you $3 freeplay (you also "kept" your $1 in comps)
The only downer was the max was $500 freeplay per day.
This promotion lasted for a full 7 days.
"I am your average American gambling idiot" - Me
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
August 12th, 2013 at 4:25:15 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

AxelWolf's story about the strip club was hilarious. I have a somewhat similar story. This was about 2004. Al and me were on a quarter full pay joker spin poker play with a card of the day at the Atlantis in Reno. Some friend of Al comes walking up and tells Al that there is a rumor going around that there is a dollar Draw Till U Win in a bar somewhere on Virginia Street. Al stews over it for a few minutes then looks at me and says "I gotta go find it." He jumped in a cab and hit every bar on Virginia Street until he found it....in a gay bar. He paid the cab driver off and started playing. About 4 hours later he hit a royal. They had to call the slot route operator for him to get paid. The slot route guy showed up, paid Al off, then keyed the game off the machine. So Al came back to the Atlantis and told me the story. "Did you get hit on?" I asked. "It's the first time in my life I've ever been hit on by a drag queen." he responded

there are more queens involved in this story then me hitting 4 queens at 4 queens.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
August 12th, 2013 at 4:26:02 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Loco moco? You will just get FAT and LAZY.

lol my body must be ready for the PT test, no more time for fatty foods (still ate a pizza tho)
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
  • Threads: 17
August 12th, 2013 at 4:32:21 PM permalink

Ali from Pakistan. I haven't seen him in a ton of years. But him and I became good friends. He was more of an American gambler than me. I met him at buck bingo in the Western. I also seen him living in the homeless camp at St. Vincent's one day when I went down to there to get a free meal. He didn't see me but I seen him. Ali was a bullshit artist. He picked up on the advantage gambling just a little bit before me. He shot to the moon but I was still on the street. But in the end I shocked the hell out of him. We've been friends ever since.

Ali could always get himself into unusual situations. He married a crack head Mississippi white girl in Laughlin. A Pakistani and a redneck girl. What an awesone combination. She was a total flake. Ali asked me if I was gonna go to his wedding. "Ali, you're on your own with this one, buddy" was my response. I had a ton of respect for him, but none for her. And I'm a Mississippi boy.

The last time I seen Ali was leading up to the Acres's Gaming Double Time installation at the Pioneer in April 2002. We were all hole'd up in Laughlin waiting for those asshole's to install the program. Ali had came to work the double time from Riudoso, New Mexico where he had some plays working. He had left his wife back in Riudoso to take care of business while he was gone. About the time they started installing the double time Ali tells us "I have to go back to Riudoso. My wife is in jail."

That's the last time I ever seen Ali. But he is my lifetime friend.

Ran into Ali a couple years ago in Vegas, he said he was living in Henderson.

Personally know 3 of the top 5 who perhaps made the most coin from Bonus Run, and certain Ali is not in the top five.

One of the top three would have been an elderly gentlemen who always had a chip on his shoulder, his name escapes me at the present time, he passed away a few years back, big smoker.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
August 12th, 2013 at 4:50:00 PM permalink
Quote: JIMMYFOCKER

Ran into Ali a couple years ago in Vegas, he said he was living in Henderson. Personally know 3 of the top 5 who perhaps made the most coin from Bonus Run, and certain Ali is not in the top five. One of the top three would have been an elderly gentlemen who always had a chip on his shoulder, his name escapes me at the present time, he passed away a few years back, big smoker.

Ali got on his feet just before I did and he talked about Bonus Run at the I.P. I figured that was the play that took him off the street. And I figure he may have gotten in on the tail end of the play. Jimmy, if you see any of those guys again please say high for me. How did Bonus Run work?
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
August 12th, 2013 at 5:31:58 PM permalink

Ali got on his feet just before I did and he talked about Bonus Run at the I.P. I figured that was the play that took him off the street. And I figure he may have gotten in on the tail end of the play. Jimmy, if you see any of those guys again please say high for me. How did Bonus Run work?

Lighted numbers around a slot that went from 1-30, a blank would move the lights up 1-3, when it got to 30 a bonus round was ignited and some payouts were huge.

ChuckB and GreenBay Jeff probably won the most amount of money from Bonus Run, but just a guess, plus the elderly man that I mentioned above that passed away a few years back.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
August 12th, 2013 at 5:53:06 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

there are more queens involved in this story then me hitting 4 queens at 4 queens.

Lol I hit four jacks twice at binions while cashing out fsp. Almost took a picture and put it in the big wins thread.
100% risk of ruin
strictlyAP
strictlyAP
  • Threads: 116
August 12th, 2013 at 8:06:00 PM permalink
enough rats like the likes of bob dancer who admitted on the radio that he called the revel and told them about the pitfalls of the promotion, I cannot belive people didnt put him on blast but then again once shack left the show no one listens to it
The bet will not be paid- not now not ever
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
August 12th, 2013 at 10:31:42 PM permalink
Quote: strictlyAP

enough rats like the likes of bob dancer who admitted on the radio that he called the revel and told them about the pitfalls of the promotion, I cannot belive people didnt put him on blast

Holy moly
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
August 24th, 2013 at 9:42:55 AM permalink
Quote: gpac1377

In every way, I felt more comfortable at Atlantis than Peppermill.

My first visit to Reno, only a few years ago, at Peppermill I played something near $10,000 coin-in, then walked in to VIP to ask for a room. The host got on the phone and was speaking in a language that sounded like Russian. Then he turned to me and switched back to English, saying he wanted me to experience the best of the property. He comped me to the Tuscany tower, and it was pretty awesome for a standard room. It had a lot of chairs.

The next time I phoned VIP to set up a return visit, they were like, you must have the wrong number.

But I liked Atlantis ... played there a bunch of times and they never no-mailed me, although I'm not sure that's something to be proud of, lol.

Good to see $1 fpdw back in the city.
  • Jump to: