larwiz1
larwiz1
  • Threads: 15
May 10th, 2013 at 2:23:52 PM permalink
Curiosity has got me.

You have a bank of machines that only have 9/6 JOB. The royal progresses at the rate of 2.5 cents per hand played (so $1000 for 40K hands). The straight flush progresses at the rate of 1.25 cents per hand played.

The average non-progressive game will have a royal about every 42K hands. But the progression in both royal and straight flush amounts will effect the number hands for the average royal to be hit. This is assuming, of course, that you change your strategy to account for the varying amounts.

Admittedly only a computer could play the game optimally with all the strategy changes. You can generate a bunch of strategy cards for some of the combinations and probably play fairly close to optimum (except for the human error that always going to occur a little bit).

So what do you think the average royal amount will be when it is hit?
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
May 10th, 2013 at 3:38:48 PM permalink
I would think it's less then the number of hands required to get a royal if you are changing strategy but it will cost more since you give up winners for draws. When I was prog chasing I learned the strategy for when it became best to hold XTs over X, break high pairs over 3 to a royals, certain 2 suited high cards over 3 high card inside straight draws, etc.

You are playing more 2 and 3 to a royals more so the likelihood of getting a royal goes up significantly. Unless you go eat a buffet during a marathon run in which someone else hits the royal.....
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
larwiz1
larwiz1
  • Threads: 15
May 13th, 2013 at 7:20:20 AM permalink
I have looked at this a little more since I have been playing it for a couple of years around 130 sessions.

I used the wizard's calculator for royal amounts 4100-5400 with the sf 250-500. The average incident of a royal is around 37K hands which would translate to a royal of 4925. The number of hands would go down as the royal continues to progress above 5400 (you are already in the 34000 range). The sf lowers the number of hands for a royal flush about 1.5% over that spread. Interesting enough the higher the SF the less impact it has on getting a royal. It even takes more hands for some royal amounts.

The 5 royals I have had playing this game have averaged about 5100. However, I am not weighting the numbers eventhough as the long run game payoff approaches 101% I play more hands. The average starting royal amount when I have played has been about 4600 and the SF about 380.
  • Jump to: