AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 116
  • Posts: 4025
September 16th, 2021 at 2:55:11 PM permalink
I wouldn't be surprised if they were people from marketing waiting to approach you to offer their cards.

As others pointed out, management doesnt stand at a distance.

How were they dressed? How they were dressed will tell you a lot.
Wellbush
Wellbush
Joined: Mar 23, 2021
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 824
September 17th, 2021 at 8:12:54 PM permalink
It's interesting to see all the different replies, and they're from one side of the argument to the other.

When I've been at the local casino I noticed a familiar face - an older Asian guy, called Kim, playing bj. Whilst playing along side I said: "you seem to be a regular. How long have you been playing here?" Answer: "ever since the casino opened!" I said: "that would be 30-35 years ago." He said: "about 1986, whenever the casino opened!"

I find those kind of things hard to fathom. I think this guy comes and plays bj nearly every day. Has he been doing this for 35 years? I think it's quite possible! Makes my head spin with all sorts of qs!
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1051
September 17th, 2021 at 10:00:15 PM permalink
After i cashed a few grand, A kid followed me to the parking garage. He literally looked left and right. When he saw too many people were around, he walked back to the elevator.

I noticed a suit staring at me from maybe 50 ft away. I think he was wondering whether to back me off. Its seems unusual to lock onto someone far away.

An avg dressed man put his hand on the chair next to me. I cashed out. I think he was about to back off me.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 183
  • Posts: 1554
September 18th, 2021 at 5:32:36 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

After i cashed a few grand, A kid followed me to the parking garage. He literally looked left and right. When he saw too many people were around, he walked back to the elevator.

I noticed a suit staring at me from maybe 50 ft away. I think he was wondering whether to back me off. Its seems unusual to lock onto someone far away.

An avg dressed man put his hand on the chair next to me. I cashed out. I think he was about to back off me.

  • link to original post



    your autisticly dry humor actually confused me and i kicked myself in the ass for believing you for even a split second... kind of reminded me of chump change for a second except it was on topic

    and i guess to stay on topic i met one guy who truly thought he was being followed by multiple people. he claimed they started to show up when he started to win at the "bally digilital roulette machine" and that he had a "system" that worked. they followed him and would watch him at the machines. i think he even claimed they escorted him out at one point for winning too much. i sadly wish i was joking about this guy as this thread is much more enjoyable to hear come out of someones mouth than what that guy was saying.

    i dont doubt that he believes someone is following him at all either. i dont doubt that wellbush thinks they are being followed. but i also think there are millions of people out in the world and its very possible that it was separately awkward dudes just sitting there looking to get laid that night and just so happen to be all wanting to be flys on the wall so to say.
    Gandler
    Gandler
    Joined: Jan 27, 2014
    • Threads: 32
    • Posts: 1562
    September 18th, 2021 at 7:31:49 AM permalink
    You are being watched by the casino, and many casinos are certainly paranoid, but that is probably not who the random people behind you are.

    Its pretty common to be watched by random people. You say they were dressed poorly, its not uncommon for vagrants (I don't mean that term as an insult, I am just not sure what other term to use) and such to watch people, and if they run well ask for some money with the line, "I just saw you win X amount can you help me out". Basically people scoping for winners so they can guilt you into "helping them out". That is my guess anyway. There are also of course some random people who drift through casinos and just enjoy and are curious about table games and stand there and watch for a bit, but they usually do not linger long or focus on one player, but its always possible.

    Casinos don't need undercover people to watch you (not at table games anyway), they can easily do this digitally while you are at the table, I am sure they already knew what your paper on the table said or was if it was face up and if it contained information that they did not want you to have, they would have asked you to leave the table or at the very least to take the paper off of the table.
    jjjoooggg
    jjjoooggg
    Joined: Jul 13, 2012
    • Threads: 34
    • Posts: 1051
    September 18th, 2021 at 8:12:54 AM permalink
    Quote: heatmap



    your autisticly dry humor actually confused me and i kicked myself in the ass for believing you for even a split second... kind of reminded me of chump change for a second except it was on topic

    and i guess to stay on topic i met one guy who truly thought he was being followed by multiple people. he claimed they started to show up when he started to win at the "bally digilital roulette machine" and that he had a "system" that worked. they followed him and would watch him at the machines. i think he even claimed they escorted him out at one point for winning too much. i sadly wish i was joking about this guy as this thread is much more enjoyable to hear come out of someones mouth than what that guy was saying.

    i dont doubt that he believes someone is following him at all either. i dont doubt that wellbush thinks they are being followed. but i also think there are millions of people out in the world and its very possible that it was separately awkward dudes just sitting there looking to get laid that night and just so happen to be all wanting to be flys on the wall so to say.

  • link to original post



    Whatís even funnier is that im not joking. It all happened. That last story sounds like a joke. Its not. The average dressed guy had no interest in the table. He was looking away afar impatient. The moment i said to color up, he walked away. On another occasion, I saw an average dressed casino personel walk behind the tables to do computer work.
    Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Sep 18, 2021
    Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
    MDawg
    MDawg
    Joined: Sep 27, 2018
    • Threads: 30
    • Posts: 3405
    September 18th, 2021 at 8:55:24 AM permalink
    I suspected that what you wrote was factual. And that's the thing with this forum and internet forums in general...and probably why so and so assumed you were joking, or so and so assumed that Wellbush must be wrong...too many people speculating about what "must be" without any factual basis or personal experience.

    So, when people say that "no casino manager" would stand 30 or so feet away to observe play, this is an assumption. The fact is, that is exactly what has happened to me, more than once, when a suit clearly not part of the usual floor crew has stood at a respectful distance, beyond the edge of a grand Baccarat table, or well beyond a smaller Baccarat table, hands folded in front, watching. Perhaps, if I had been suspected of actual cheating, the grim reaper would have come much closer, but I suspect that this sort of thing, standing there at a respectful distance, is more of way to show that the casino is actively involved, versus actually concerned.

    At Blackjack, I have never had anyone other than the usual pit personnel observe my play, but at times when I am betting heavily and varying bet a lot (which for me is, always) at a public table, the pit boss will take a lot more time to watch my table than to watch others under his supervision. Also, with blackjack, whenever something has been up, this has been demonstrated by action not mere observation...the action being the pit boss' order to shuffle the deck just after I have jumped the bet, or (one time only this happened to me), for suit(s) to come out of nowhere to take me aside and ban me.

    I have to admit, I have never had anyone plain clothes watch me - always obvious casino employed supervisors or managers in suits, but if jjjoooggg says that is what happened, maybe it did. I certainly cannot say that I know for a fact that plain clothes casino workers do not exist on the floor.
    Last edited by: MDawg on Sep 18, 2021
    I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
    Wellbush
    Wellbush
    Joined: Mar 23, 2021
    • Threads: 11
    • Posts: 824
    September 18th, 2021 at 9:07:14 AM permalink
    Quote: Gandler

    You are being watched by the casino, and many casinos are certainly paranoid, but that is probably not who the random people behind you are.

    Its pretty common to be watched by random people. You say they were dressed poorly, its not uncommon for vagrants (I don't mean that term as an insult, I am just not sure what other term to use) and such to watch people, and if they run well ask for some money with the line, "I just saw you win X amount can you help me out". Basically people scoping for winners so they can guilt you into "helping them out". That is my guess anyway. There are also of course some random people who drift through casinos and just enjoy and are curious about table games and stand there and watch for a bit, but they usually do not linger long or focus on one player, but its always possible.

    Casinos don't need undercover people to watch you (not at table games anyway), they can easily do this digitally while you are at the table, I am sure they already knew what your paper on the table said or was if it was face up and if it contained information that they did not want you to have, they would have asked you to leave the table or at the very least to take the paper off of the table.

  • link to original post

    Yeah, makes a lot of sense. "Paranoid," is actually how that Kim guy described the casino.

    Mr Kim saw my guidance papers (probably stood out a mile away to everyone in the casino) and asked me about them. I said I needed some reminders for a strategy I was trialling. He wanted to know if I was using basic strategy? I said: "Sure. That always comes first." He seemed happy with that reply. I think he wanted to know more. I told him I'm happy for him to watch me and try and work it out, but I wasn't gonna hand my strategy to him on a platter. I told him if he asked me what he uncovered from watching me, I would tell him if he was on the right track.

    I then got in to asking him about his lengthy period of coming to the casino. I said: "You've been coming here so long, are you in profit?" He looked stunned by my q. This q I asked was in front of the dealer and other players at the table. He didn't answer me and a bit later he told me he didn't like my q, especially in front of the dealer. He told me I should keep my strategies and this talk to myself, and not have papers around coz the casino and dealers are paranoid!

    I got the message. I wanna catch up with this guy, Mr Kim, one day. I'm sure he has plenty of knowledge up his sleeve from 35 years of coming to the casino and playing bj.
    All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
    ChallengedMilly
    ChallengedMilly
    Joined: Jul 25, 2021
    • Threads: 7
    • Posts: 97
    September 18th, 2021 at 9:12:03 AM permalink
    Could technically be a plain clothes security person just scoping out your vision radius and any weird patterns in your play. Could be checking to see if you are working in a bj team.
    jjjoooggg
    jjjoooggg
    Joined: Jul 13, 2012
    • Threads: 34
    • Posts: 1051
    September 18th, 2021 at 9:27:31 AM permalink
    Quote: ChallengedMilly

    Could technically be a plain clothes security person just scoping out your vision radius and any weird patterns in your play. Could be checking to see if you are working in a bj team.

  • link to original post



    He probably was not regular personel. Surveilance does not fraternize with normal casino personel (according to a surveilance author in an article). Dress code was different. I was the only player at the table.

    I dreamt of playing bj last nite. I havnt had that in a while.
    Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Sep 18, 2021
    Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.

    • Jump to: