TinMan
TinMan
  • Threads: 17
May 9th, 2021 at 3:35:02 PM permalink
Day 2A

Played some bubble craps. Lost $40. Checked out of Linq and Uber downtown. Linq room was small but fine. Safe and useable fridge. No coffeemaker. Elevators were slow. View was blah. Could see part of Caesars.

This time it was pretty fast to get a car. I was able to check in at Fremont early. Room is very dated but it was comped so I donít mind.

Used LVA coupons at Golden Gate. Won $65. Walked to Cal. $1 10/7 DB. Won $50. Played $10 craps for an hour and lost $100.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 2
Thanks for this post from:
TinMan
May 9th, 2021 at 4:44:43 PM permalink
Quote: mwalz9

Why do these adventures seem more realistic and more entertaining than some other "Adventures of..." threads?

Hell yeah. You mean he didnít win every session? And when he was actually down he always came back and won back what was lost?...and then some. Next up...heís also winning on every stock trade.

This trip report is relatable.

Quote: TinMan

Rest of day 1

Walked back to Harrahs. Played 2 hours of tiles. Didnít get to bank at all. There was a talkative guy who was tipping regularly for the dealer, betting around $50-$100. A few times he put out much larger betsó$300 and $500 and lost those. He finally called it quits and left for dinner but was surprisingly upbeat. I won $95.

Then grabbed 2 sandwiches from the LA subs in Flamingo. Used a 2020 ACG BOGO coupon. Italian sub was good. Turkey and Swiss was blah. I should have known better.

Went up to the room for a bit. watched a game I placed 2 bets on. The point spread bet won and I lost on the under/over. Net push, minus a few dollars in vig

Went back to Harrahs for more tiles. This time had the table to myself for 2 hours. Pleasant dealers. Got to bank every other hand. Net: lost $100

Total for the day: I think Iím down about $100 overall. Maybe $150.

Nice report. Appreciate the detail and the every man aspect to it. Not sure why, but I appreciate reading these reports 10 times in 10. Not only relatable, but credible.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
TinMan
May 9th, 2021 at 6:16:13 PM permalink
Thanks for posting, great trip report in progress.
How does Vegas feel in 2021 compared to previous visits?
TinMan
TinMan
Keeneone
May 9th, 2021 at 7:17:16 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

Thanks for posting, great trip report in progress.
How does Vegas feel in 2021 compared to previous visits?

Thank you.

Compared to pre-COVID, itís not nearly as fun. Most buffets closed, no Cirque shows, masks. Plus downtown is more expensive. Damn Fremont is $15 for a 3/2 8 deck BJ game. $25 for a double deck 3/2 game. Fremont! That used to be $5 3/2 all day. Itís offensive that Fremont has a $15 min for a 3/2 game.

Compared to Oct 2020 trip, itís a little better. No temperature checks or ID checks at the door Downtown.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
May 9th, 2021 at 7:41:09 PM permalink

Thank you.

Compared to pre-COVID, itís not nearly as fun. Most buffets closed, no Cirque shows, masks. Plus downtown is more expensive. Damn Fremont is $15 for a 3/2 8 deck BJ game. $25 for a double deck 3/2 game. Fremont! That used to be $5 3/2 all day. Itís offensive that Fremont has a $15 min for a 3/2 game.

Compared to Oct 2020 trip, itís a little better. No temperature checks or ID checks at the door Downtown.

Thanks for the detailed response. Hopefully the limits improve during the week.

I have not been downtown in some time.
I wonder what it is like talking (yelling?) through a mask to order a drink in The D party pit... :)
TinMan
TinMan
May 10th, 2021 at 1:47:22 AM permalink
Rest of Day 2

Walked to 4 Queens. Played two sessions of quarter 10/7 DB. Up $60 one session and down $20 the next. Hit 2 4 OAKs. In between played $10 PGP at Fremont. At one point a guy sits down and has really no idea what the game is. Bought in for $10 and asked what the game was. Dealer offered to set his hand. Guy kept getting absolutely terrible hands. Kept pulling out $10-$11 at a time ($1 for the progressive). Kept losing. Finally had a winning hand and the dealer had a Q-high. This was EZ version and guy didnít get paid. He didnít understand why. Dealer tried to explain and eventually said ďitís a long storyĒ. Guy says to me ďthis game doesnít give you much of a chance.Ē He probably lost $60 or so before leaving. Dealers were patient and set his hand but I donít think he ever really understood what was happening.

Walked to Magnolias. Used a BOGO from LVA. Got the chicken piccata and chicken fried steak. Soup (split pea) was excellent. Server was friendly. Chicken piccata wasnít what I was expectingólike a fried cutlet with a heavy sauce. Still, pretty tasty. Chicken fried steak was good but Heavy.

Also, 4 queens seems to be very generous with comps. I was just playing the quarter VP and I had $10 comp dollars (used for dinner) and $20 freeplay. Maybe some of this was carry over from my last trip but still seemed pretty good based on what I play. The 10/7 DB is +100% return

Back to Fremont and felt really tired so turned in early to bed.
TinMan
TinMan
Joeman
May 10th, 2021 at 12:44:44 PM permalink
Day 3

Last night went to bed at like 9pm. Time zone change finally hit me. Woke up early and walked to Binions. Breakfast at the coffee shop. It was ok. Prompt coffee refills.

LVA coupon for $10 slot play turned into $7.50. Fremont craps all $15 so instead Played some of the $3 small bubble craps. Won $40 or so.

4 Queens 10/7 turned Into $70 profit. At one point I was down $100. Put In a new $100 bill and first hand dealt 2222A. I looked at it for a second. I held all 5 (to avoid any chance of a machine issue) and bingo got the $100 back. Kind of startling right after losing $100 and first hand back.

Walk to Cal and they had a $10 DD BJ game. Sat for 2 hours and won $175. I think Iím up for the trip now.
TinMan
TinMan
May 10th, 2021 at 3:58:15 PM permalink
Four queens and binions have triple zero roulette. Saw one guy playing.

The D has a bank of prog VP. Quarter games with just over $2k progressive. JoB was 7/5. DB was 9/6. Not sure if either over 100% with the prog but prob not.
TinMan
TinMan
May 11th, 2021 at 12:57:08 AM permalink
Walked to ElCortez. $10 LVA slot play turned into nothing.

Headed Golden Nugget poker. Sat for about 3 hours and won about $100. Biggest hand was a more than double up with AK vs a stubborn K10 and another player. That took me from $130 to a little over $300

I havenít seen any $5 craps downtown. Really disappointing. Last time I was here 4Q had it but havenít seen it yet.

Walked to plaza. Got pop up pizza. 20% off with LVA. That was a first. It was better than average/very good. Got the supreme sliceópepperoni, some other meat, mushrooms and bell peppers (I think?). I expected to find some Bingo matchplay on my card but no luck.

Back to Fremont. Had a good session at $10 craps. Turned $300 in $630. Nothing remarkable just a lot of points hit. The dealers were competent but they did one of my major pet peeves. Player gives them $15 and says ď6Ē. Dealer sets it up as a $15 bet. One guy was annoyed by it (rightfully so) after one roll went by. Told the dealer he wanted a $12 6. Note: no one said ď$15 on the 6 (or8).Ē Theyíd just throw in $15 and ask for a 6/8. I that case I really think itís proper form for the dealer to set it up as a $12 bet.

Back to quarter 10:7 at 4Q. Lost $220 over about 2 hours. Finally quit after hitting a SF. If youíre not hitting 4OAK or better, youíll just get drained at that game.

Time to call it a night. I think Iím now up about $400 for the trip.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 234
May 11th, 2021 at 5:11:44 AM permalink

I think Iím now up about $400 for the trip.

Well done !

I try to keep accurate win/loss records during a trip, but writing every cash-in / cash-out down is an inconvenience. So I have found the easiest way for me is to put my "gambling only" money on one side of my wallet. So if I start with X, it is easy to know where I am when I count what is actually still there.
Like the castle in its corner In a medieval game; I foresee terrible trouble And I stay here just the same

• Jump to: