Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
June 23rd, 2019 at 12:59:00 AM permalink
Denver pro tip.

If you have a lay over, there is a cheap and short train ride that takes you smack into the center of down town, which is very nice.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 23rd, 2019 at 5:12:52 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

I rented a car once . . . but it just doesn't seem cost effective for one person. A three-day bus pass is $20. Okay, there's some walking involved, but I for one can use the exercise.

well, ain't no one on this forum what needs the exercise more than I do. No one!

Given the drunken gawkers on The Strip as well as the parking situation, naked females driving for Uber and Lyft seems to make more sense. Seems to make sense even if the drivers are fully clothed and your destination is that half-way to California place, The M. And I don't got one of those phones that display maps and talk to you, all I gots is one of them Flip-Flops with a screen the size of a postage stamp. And I can't really use its features with any confidence or read that micro-screen.

But a bus? While on vacation? That would be worse than being sober! Well, almost!

Downtown Denver? I recall walking around there amidst a forest of For Sale signs. If only I had bought something there then.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
June 23rd, 2019 at 8:05:42 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

And I don't got one of those phones that display maps and talk to you, all I gots is one of them Flip-Flops with a screen the size of a postage stamp. And I can't really use its features with any confidence or read that micro-screen.

That sounds like me, I have a flip-top too and it's going to stay like that. And I can't figure half the stuff it can do and it's only a Dumb Phone. (with a dumb user)
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.

• Jump to: