rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 166
  • Posts: 9717
February 21st, 2018 at 4:47:13 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf


What does everyone think casino business will look like 20 years from now?



Even if you could stay home and do everything there, people still want to get out of the house. Well, most people.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2112
February 21st, 2018 at 9:26:29 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Back in the day, I think they had the idea to make it seem as if you got value from your playing and your money by allowing people to last longer. Simple, you play longer, keep coming back, and they can grind you down for even more money.

It's as if they thought/knew, at least at the time, if they gouged you too bad you wouldn't come back. Nowadays, it seems as if they think it doesn't matter how fast they rape you. They just want the money as fast as possible from as many people as they can get NOW, and worry about getting you back in the door later, if not, they probably think there are enough people to replace you.

Who knows if their strategy will work? In the short term, it seems as if people will pay anything. Only time will tell. When will they just make gambling the official pass time?

What does everyone think casino business will look like 20 years from now?



Some people feel when they get gouged quickly like that , that a cold streak of luck that bad canít possibly happen to them again... as though itís an outlier on the spectrum of how bad your luck can be in a given night. And thatís what brings them , back , the feeling that it can go the other way just as big and just as quickly.

Whereas.. a long lasting grind downward can weigh on someone.

20 years from now .. triple zero roulette wheels, 11-10 blackjack , 20%+ house edge side bets , and more skill based gaming
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 147
  • Posts: 18300
February 21st, 2018 at 9:39:16 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Some people feel when they get gouged quickly like that , that a cold streak of luck that bad canít possibly happen to them again.

Some people also think the earth is flat. I don't know if there are enough people who think that way to make any changes either way.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
February 22nd, 2018 at 12:39:54 AM permalink
Quote: michael99000

20 years from now .. triple zero roulette wheels, 11-10 blackjack , 20%+ house edge side bets , and more skill based gaming

Shedding tears at the mere thought of it.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 72
  • Posts: 6494
February 22nd, 2018 at 10:10:31 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

You can live cheaply in Reno and there are good neighborhoods in and around the city with low crime rates. We were going to move there 7 years ago but we didn't.



I would be very interested in knowing where these areas are. I was recently looking at homes in Reno and the prices seemed much higher than I was expecting. It seemed like an average 4 bedroom home in a decent area was going for $375k to $475k.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9747
February 22nd, 2018 at 10:37:49 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I would be very interested in knowing where these areas are. I was recently looking at homes in Reno and the prices seemed much higher than I was expecting. It seemed like an average 4 bedroom home in a decent area was going for $375k to $475k.



I get emails from a developer about an hour north of Reno with lots as cheap as $2,000. Lots have real post office addresses. Which evidently is a big deal.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 575
March 1st, 2018 at 6:45:07 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I would be very interested in knowing where these areas are. I was recently looking at homes in Reno and the prices seemed much higher than I was expecting. It seemed like an average 4 bedroom home in a decent area was going for $375k to $475k.



Avg median home prices has gone up over $100k under 2 years. Not enough houses, for those that are selling, they are getting above the listing prices and the homes are sold within hours! There has been a huge spike in population with Tesla and Panasonic setting up camp just east of Reno. Apple, Samsung, Google and Mercedes Benz followed there leads. It sucks, rent has gone up, and at one point, there was less than 1% vacancy. Many are living in hotels, they are contract workers. The Western Village had $1 domestic beers and well drinks for $1 for years, not anymore. $2.50 now, all the businesses are cashing in by jacking up the prices. Casinos loving it, lot of people with money who have no clue how to gamble.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
March 2nd, 2018 at 1:34:57 AM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

Avg median home prices has gone up over $100k under 2 years. Not enough houses, for those that are selling, they are getting above the listing prices and the homes are sold within hours!

I remember when one casino was luring people to come visit our new condo development while we comp your room. Those days are long gone.

  • Jump to: