GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 68
August 17th, 2017 at 4:55:13 PM permalink
We are leaving tomorrow for a 3 day vegas weekend without the kids. First time we will be away from both if them for that long. Only problem is, we have gone on 2 vacations this summer so we are suffering from thst non fatal disease fundsislow.

I have put together a 3 day weekend where we will do a ton of coupon hustling and have a goal of doing this weekend for free. I am going to outline it here for fun. Most of the things we are doing are things that anyone can do. A few of them are bounce back offers so most of you will laugh at my low rollerNess but thats ok. We also have some myvegas stuff and some other things

If anyone has anything to add that can add to our free weekend I would appreciate it. If it is a sensitive piece if material then PM works too.

Let the fun times begin...

We are flying spirit so that's our first gamble. Let's hope we make it there.
Round trip for 2 = $144
Staying at golden nugget in a room with no resort fees.
2 las vegas advisors $74
I sold the 2 wicked spoon coupons on ebay for $30

Total cost $184
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 63
August 17th, 2017 at 5:16:04 PM permalink
If this is your last trip of the year, you can sell the leftover books on ebay . It's nuts what people pay for them.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
GWAE
GWAE
August 17th, 2017 at 5:45:03 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

If this is your last trip of the year, you can sell the leftover books on ebay . It's nuts what people pay for them.

Yeah I thought about that. I almost paid 25 for a book but it was missing the ellis island coupons and there is more than $12 in value there.
GWAE
GWAE
August 18th, 2017 at 4:15:07 PM permalink
Ok time for the first gamble. At airport for 830 flight. Has not been delayed or cancelled yet. Let's go spirit, don't let me down.

2nd gamble will be, can I get my over stuffed backpack through the gate without being charged.
billryan
billryan
August 18th, 2017 at 4:28:52 PM permalink
A three day weekend and you are over packed?

Let me give you a lesson someone taught me 20 years ago. This guy spent half his life on the road.
It is so simple.

1)Put your bag on your bed.
2)Pack it.
3)Unpack it and divide contents into two equal halves.
4)Pack one half and put the rest away.
Eazy Peezy.

Enjoy the trip.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
August 18th, 2017 at 4:40:03 PM permalink
It's cheaper to just buy new stuff than to pay baggage fees if you have to.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
GWAE
GWAE
August 18th, 2017 at 5:22:29 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

A three day weekend and you are over packed?

Let me give you a lesson someone taught me 20 years ago. This guy spent half his life on the road.
It is so simple.

1)Put your bag on your bed.
2)Pack it.
3)Unpack it and divide contents into two equal halves.
4)Pack one half and put the rest away.
Eazy Peezy.

Enjoy the trip.

That is so true. I am pretty good though. I have 3 shirts, 2 shorts, swim trunks. Not fair, I am fat so my clothes are bigger.

2 for 2, on plane and ready to go.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 31
August 18th, 2017 at 5:56:37 PM permalink
I cannot find anything cheap from Buffalo. Where did u fly out?
billryan
billryan
August 18th, 2017 at 6:01:43 PM permalink
Why leave beautiful upstate NY for Vegas in August? Save it for January. August is for Letchworth and or The Thousand Islands.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux 
  • Threads: 13
August 18th, 2017 at 9:56:53 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Ok time for the first gamble. At airport for 830 flight. Has not been delayed or cancelled yet. Let's go spirit, don't let me down.

2nd gamble will be, can I get my over stuffed backpack through the gate without being charged.

You probably know this but your spirit boarding pass gets you $50 in matchplay at the D within 24 hours.

• Jump to: