RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
September 15th, 2010 at 1:51:46 PM permalink
Just returned from a four day trip to Vegas. Weather was OUTSTANDING!

Went with friends, who stayed at Paris all 4 days. My wife and I had a 3 day free offer from Aria, and I could also stay at Paris if I chose. We ended up Fri and Sat at Aria, and Sun and Mon at Paris.

Arrived Vegas airport, 10:00 AM on Friday. Our friends had landed about an hour before and met us at baggage claim. After waiting 25 min or so for our bags (longest wait I have experienced there), we headed outside only to run smack into the longest Taxi lines I have waited in, in Vegas. I know the lines can be long there, but I have never experienced more than a few minutes wait to get into a taxi. Not sure where all the people went that were in the airport though, as the strip seemed to be rather empty all four days. Nothing like it used to be even two years ago.

Took the airport cab to Paris. As we got into the cab, we mentioned how much fun we were going to have in Vegas again. At that point the cabbie turns to me and says, "Paris right? highway or city, sir". It is my feeling that had we not been talking about having been to Vegas in the past, we would have received the highway version of the trip. I think this was a test, which I passed by answering, "city". This is the first time out of 8 trips, that I have come close to getting the expensive version of the trip. Checked our friends into Paris. At this point, it was our intention to walk to Aria, which is just across the street and down a bit. YEAH RIGHT. Once we got outside I suggested we take the taxi instead of dragging our bags down the sidewalk. Now it was the cabbie's turn to be disappointed. I heard the Paris attendant tell him to drop us off, come back to Paris, and he would put him back to front of line for the next fare. I matched my tip to the fare, so the cabbie wasn't too disappointed with the short trip. (When we went back to Paris, we chose to walk it, and that was just dumb. Dragging luggage around outside is too much like work.)

[Edit in Progress. Premature send]
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
  • Jump to: