GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 1st, 2015 at 2:40:23 PM permalink
At circus circus. Have dropped $40 on games. Ugggg. I did play this though

G2E was a ton of fun. I got to meet ahigh as well. I under stand his pinball game now. I listened to umm I forget his name stephen? Explain the game to Mr dancer.

I could have stayed there all day but could only dedicate about 2.5 hours to it. I am very grateful to the person on this forum whom gave me a ticket. Not sure if they want named.

Now as the strip comes to an end I am dangerously close to going negative. We bought some things today that I did not keep track of as I had been but I can tell from the money in my pocket that we are still in the black.

Trip total +43
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 1st, 2015 at 2:43:29 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

The $125 was total for trip. I had the $200 hit but left the machine up $130, then dropped $200 or so on slots and other VP. I played more than I was planning since I was up. Figured might as well have a little fun. I ended up with 12 beers in me as well.

Did you get to see G2E? EDIT: I asked as GWAE was posting the above G2E report, so obviously he got there.

Good TR the whole way, GWAE! Thanks!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
October 1st, 2015 at 4:24:01 PM permalink

At circus circus. Have dropped $40 on games. Ugggg.

Somehow somewhere I learned that if you break a $ 100 bill in the office in the Circus Circus arcade arcade then they will give you a bunch of 2 for 1 carny game vouchers. We've done that several times.

My favorite was the "Chicken in the Pot game" where you launch rubber chickens into the air with a mallet and try to land in a big pot for a small stuffed animal.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
GWAE
GWAE
October 1st, 2015 at 4:59:39 PM permalink
I think I have heard that before but forgot. Rubber chicken game was the last one we played.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
October 1st, 2015 at 9:27:32 PM permalink
Well our trip is over. I will put a full breakdown of expenses but I will say the trip ended up in the black. I am quite impressed considering we gambled very very little. Looking forward to the next trip.

People think we are crazy for bringing the kids to vegas. They both had a great time and I wouldn't hesitate to bring them back. Obviously it would be great to have a grandparent with us so we could go out at night but that's not what this trip was about.

Now the tough part. We are going to arrive home at 520am, and I am going to work at 7am for a 10 hour day. I already warned people that I may be cranky.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
October 1st, 2015 at 10:31:14 PM permalink

People think we are crazy for bringing the kids to vegas.

I think you're more crazy for not staying longer and working nearly immediately after your longggggg flight! Sounds like you went on a mini vacation when you really didn't have time for vacation. :( But at least your flight wasn't $400 a person I guess.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
October 1st, 2015 at 10:50:27 PM permalink
sounds like you had a great time. Everything except for tonight's game tho for you :(
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
GWAE
GWAE
October 3rd, 2015 at 9:47:16 AM permalink
boy o boy was yesterday rough. We landed at 5am. Stopped at Mcdonalds for a quick breakfast and my wife dropped me off at work at 645. I worked until 4:30. The kiddos spent the night at my parents and I was dead to the world by 7pm. Woke up this morning at 8am.

We had a great time in Vegas and are trying to plan another trip. Here is a breakdown of our trip costs. I did not put tips as a separate category. I included them in the activity that they were involved in. I also checked our receipts so some of my numbers are a little different than the original trip report but this is the accurate accounting. Kids were free to almost everything so we saved a ton of money there. 4 and under eat for free and get into shows for free.

Flight (including $100 credit) : $80.60
Transportation (cab, monorail, bus, shuttle): $80.00
Food (including drinks): $91.43
Souvenirs: $31.55
Games (circus circus and Excalibur) $60 uggggggggggg

Total Expenses: $343.58
Total Gaming win: $397.25

So overall we came home with $53.67 more than we went with
PLUS we got the following items for free various ways.

4 breakfast buffets at Le Buffet $80 (comp)
2 breakfast buffets at Cravings $40 (comp)
tickets to ToK $160 (MyVegas)
buffet at Mirage $25 (Myvegas)
Monorail 3 day ticket $28 (Myvegas)
2 tickets to Shark Reef $36 (Myvegas)
2 tickets to Siegfried and Roy $44 (myVegas)
Hotel Room 3 nights $250 (thanks forum member)
G2E ticket $400? (thanks forum member)

So for our 3 day trip we made $53.67 and received $1063 worth of free items.

I feel blessed that we were able to make this happen. With only me working and 2 kids we are unable to spend a lot of money on extras so this was a perfect trip for us.

Thanks to the people who helped us out with the last 2 items. I am not sure if they want mentioned by name so I will leave that out.
GWAE
GWAE
October 3rd, 2015 at 8:04:53 PM permalink
Wife told me that if I can get 2 tickets to g2e next year then we can go without kids for a few days.
ArtVandalay
ArtVandalay
  • Threads: 2
October 5th, 2015 at 10:13:27 PM permalink
How full were the flights? I've been on 3 roundtrips there from Latrobe this year, each time it was about 90 to 95% full. Can't believe they're ending that in November. It was so nice while it's lasted. Go for about $70 rt, even less if you win on the D matchplay. Arnold Palmer doesn't want your money for parking. Only about 75 min from me in Altoona. Now I have to go back to flying out of BWI, 3 hours away because Pittsburgh is too expensive. I'm not doing that connect in Ft. Lauderdale route, waste an entire day on a 4 hour flight. I'm doing one more run on it at the end of the month.
GWAE
GWAE
October 6th, 2015 at 3:00:01 AM permalink
On the way out it was only about 70 percent full but the way home it was oversold. My guess is the more expensive sat and sun flights are not selling well enough.
  • Jump to: