1 vote (33.33%)
1 vote (33.33%)

3 members have voted

helpmespock
helpmespock
  • Threads: 79
February 23rd, 2015 at 10:01:24 AM permalink
Things I hope for on my upcoming Las Vegas trip:

I hope the trip to the airport is quick and uneventful.

I hope security screening and US Customs go quickly and that my wife doesn't get singled out yet again for extra scans/pat downs.

I hope we're surprised, in a good way, by the difference between Encore and the Wynn where we normally stay.

I hope we hit our first true royal flush on full pay single-line Jacks or better. (I've hit a royal on a 3-play after holding 3 to a royal).

I hope we that Alex Stratta's new restaurant Tapas is open so that we can go.

I hope the tickets to Cirque du Soliel 'O' are worth the price.

I hope that St. Patrick's Day and the start of the NCAA basketball tournament don't make things crazy busy in Las Vegas.

I hope the kids, the dogs, and the house have a completely uneventful time while we're away.

--helpmespock
kmumf
kmumf
  • Threads: 1
February 23rd, 2015 at 10:20:36 AM permalink
Quote: helpmespock

Things I hope for on my upcoming Las Vegas trip:

I hope that St. Patrick's Day and the start of the NCAA basketball tournament don't make things crazy busy in Las Vegas.

--helpmespock

This is why I'm going that week! Its also the start of spring break from some schools so you have that crowd as well. My hope is for warm weather! this is when the pools open.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
February 23rd, 2015 at 10:37:03 AM permalink
O is a fantastic show, you can be the judge of whether the tickets are worth the money. That opening weekend of the NCAA basketball tournament will make the books extra crowded as outside the Super Bowl, this tournament probably generates the 2nd most sports gambling money.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
February 23rd, 2015 at 11:03:51 AM permalink
Sorry to say but it will probably be crazy busy due to the NCAA tournament. That's also the reason myself and about 10 other people I know are going
helpmespock
helpmespock
February 23rd, 2015 at 3:55:06 PM permalink
Quote: kmumf

This is why I'm going that week! Its also the start of spring break from some schools so you have that crowd as well. My hope is for warm weather! this is when the pools open.

We're there from Sunday March 15th and flying out Thursday March 19th so I'm hoping that most people are getting in on Thursday.

I'm hoping for warm weather too. We've had a couple weeks straight of -15C (5F) weather where I live. We always try to get at least one swim in while we are in Las Vegas.

--helpmespock
helpmespock
helpmespock
February 23rd, 2015 at 3:57:51 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

O is a fantastic show, you can be the judge of whether the tickets are worth the money. That opening weekend of the NCAA basketball tournament will make the books extra crowded as outside the Super Bowl, this tournament probably generates the 2nd most sports gambling money.

Quote: Beardgoat

Sorry to say but it will probably be crazy busy due to the NCAA tournament. That's also the reason myself and about 10 other people I know are going

I'm wondering how busy it will be for me given I'm flying out by Thursday. Is St. Patrick's Day and the 2 play-in games that big a draw to get people to Las Vegas earlier than Thursday?

--helpmespock
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 23rd, 2015 at 4:12:48 PM permalink
St. Pat's is a big draw, but the offers I've gotten around it (tournaments, drawings, etc) concentrated on the Fri-Sat prior. Since you're coming in Sunday, I would guess with a mid-week 17th you won't see a huge impact, but there probably will be one.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: