WRX
WRX
  • Threads: 2
July 8th, 2011 at 7:25:37 PM permalink
At the Sands in Macau, I saw a table game called simply "Stud Poker" in English. There were several active tables.

The game starts with the player making an Ante bet. The game is dealt from a machine. The player and the dealer each receive five cards. The dealer turns his bottom card face up. The player must then either make an additional "Bet" bet of twice the amount of the Ante, or throw his hand away and forfeit the Ante. The dealer must have at least AK to "qualify." If the dealer does not qualify, the player automatically wins the Ante, and there is no action on the Bet. If the dealer qualifies, there is a simple showdown between the dealer and player hands. All bets that have action pay 1:1.

Has anyone analyzed this game?

There is a separate, optional side bet that pays various odds for premium hands.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
July 8th, 2011 at 7:48:31 PM permalink
That's Caribbean Stud under a different name, and probably without any licensing fees paid. See https://wizardofodds.com/caribbeanstud.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
WRX
WRX
  • Threads: 2
July 8th, 2011 at 7:54:11 PM permalink
Oh, right, thank you!
  • Jump to: