sanders
sanders
  • Threads: 3
April 11th, 2011 at 6:45:53 PM permalink
AAA4422

I know the trump AC house way is to play the 44 in front, but I really wanted to play the AA in front and 2-pair in back.

In the actual hand, I pushed with the dealer having 66 in front.

Is this an exception to the house way? I really feel like AA in front is best here. Does it matter if the player is banking? If the player is banking, with AA in front, he cannot lose the hand.

I think it's more likely the dealer beats the 44 to tie in the front than the low 2 pair in the back... but that's just a guess.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
April 11th, 2011 at 7:14:23 PM permalink
With quad Kings or Aces plus a pair of fives of less, it is very standard to split the four-of-a-kind to put a terrific pair on the 2-card side, and a top two-pair on the bottom. It doesn't matter is the player is banking.

Both ways (splitting or keeping the four-of-a-kind to gether) produce about the same combined EV for the hand, the high quads-plus-low pair situation.
You can second guess yourself if the opponent has either trips of better (then it is better to keep the quads) or had a hiogh pair on the two-card side.
Wong recommends to Split A's or Kings and 5's and less.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
PapaChubby
PapaChubby
  • Threads: 11
April 11th, 2011 at 8:51:15 PM permalink
According to the Wizard's dealer probabilities:

FH in back wins 99.7% of the time, and 44 in front wins 82.2%.

Two pair (44 high) in back wins 75.1%, and AA in front wins 98.9%.

So it appears you have a significantly higher probability of winning playing the house way.
  • Jump to: