No votes (0%)
1 vote (50%)

2 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
October 15th, 2023 at 10:08:26 AM permalink
I noticed a set of six side bets on the winning side and total on Novomatic electronic baccarat games at G2E. For all the rules and analysis, please see my new page on Baccarat Spread Bets.

I suspect these bets would be vulnerable to card counting. I think the biggest vulnerability would probably be on both 8 and 9 bets with a deck rich in 8's and 9's. If one of these units makes it to Las Vegas, I'll seriously look into it.

The question for the poll is would you play the Spread bets if playing baccarat anyway? Multiple votes allowed.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 13
October 15th, 2023 at 1:00:06 PM permalink
I went to Croatia while it was still Yugoslavia. I recommend doing that.

I suppose it is easy to calculate what fraction of winning 8's and 9's contains an 8 or 9. It must be a high percentage, especially for player. Even with modest penetration, it seems like you can have big swings in probability.
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
October 15th, 2023 at 1:32:53 PM permalink
I would not play the side bets.

The bets may be vulnerable to card counting, but the machine can randomly switch shoes every few or more hands. There is no way to tell.

The Dynasty baccarat machines have featured dozens of side bets for the past few years.

Our local racino recently shut them all down because they weren't getting any action.
Mental
Mental
October 15th, 2023 at 1:54:25 PM permalink
I recall the ShuffleMaster BJ games would state in the rules what the shuffling regime was. Some SM machines said they shuffled after every hand. Other machines promised four of six deck would be dealt before shuffling.

It is easy to verify that they were dealing out four decks in the latter case just by looking at the sequence of cards that came out.

The OP does not mention penetration or continuous shuffling.
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
October 15th, 2023 at 1:58:49 PM permalink
Quote: Mental

link to original post

That's because I don't know. I would think baccarat players would reject a game that used a continuous shuffler, since most are in a futile attempt to find the hidden patterns in the shoe.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
October 15th, 2023 at 2:20:13 PM permalink

I went to Croatia while it was still Yugoslavia. I recommend doing that.
link to original post

How? Do you have a time machine available for our use? 🤔 🙂
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Mental
Mental
October 15th, 2023 at 2:38:28 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

link to original post

That's because I don't know. I would think baccarat players would reject a game that used a continuous shuffler, since most are in a futile attempt to find the hidden patterns in the shoe.
link to original post

I checked the rules pages of several online baccarat games:
NETENT uses eight decks and the rules say they are shuffled before each round.
Evolution has a first-person game dealt from a simulated shoe.
Roxor says nothing about the shuffle in their rules page.
IGT uses eight decks and the rules say they are shuffled before each round.
There are also live online baccarat games dealt from a shoe.
  • Jump to: