1 vote (4.16%)
2 votes (8.33%)

24 members have voted

mrsuit31
mrsuit31
  • Threads: 69
May 17th, 2017 at 5:44:42 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

My nephew was in the the division ii college lacrosse championship tournament this past week. They lost in the final, as returning champions. Me, I can't figure out how they get enough people to play to even have a tournament. Voluntarily get hacked and knocked over, with no pads and just a light helmet? Our goalie took one in the face estimated close to 100 mph. Those sticks really accelerate the ball speed. Insane game.

He got hacked to the bone early in the season, was mostly sidelined while healing, but still hurt 5 months later. Excited about playing again next year, though. No way, just no way I'd play that game.

I was played attack. I used to clock 92 on my shot (yes, seriously). Goalies and defenders didn't like me at all... But like you said, the defense deserved it after they would slash the pooh out of me. Sometimes they may or may not have been shot at intentionally, including an occasional ref standing behind the cage who was making terrible calls lol.

I chose football over lacross for college. But both would have ended with two wrist reconstructions like football did regardless :(
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 68
Thanks for this post from:
mrsuit31
May 17th, 2017 at 7:17:39 PM permalink
My Godson was a great high school lacrosse player, honorary All American, who had several scholarship offers but decided not to play in college because he wanted to graduate in three years.
We were in Ireland for my cousins wedding and he was invited to a hurling scrimmage. He said he didn't have any equipment and they laughed.
I'm a former college football and rugby player but the only way I'm going to hurling is with a ticket.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
ronnief
ronnief
  • Threads: 0
mrsuit31beachbumbabs
May 17th, 2017 at 7:34:35 PM permalink
Jim Brown was a better lacross player than a football player. As a senior scored 43 goals in only 10 games. In 1957 college allstar game he scored 4 goal 1 each overhand and underhand with right hand, also same thing with left hand. Jim Brown coming at you with a stick in his hand. Talk about a scary thought.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 978
May 21st, 2017 at 11:36:45 AM permalink
Alright, I finally made it to the MGM Grand, along with three other forum members, to get to the bottom of this. We had just come from a great time at Top Golf, where I had a few too many drinks, which is partially to blame for the awful production value of the following video of one of the two games, which could loosely be described as a blackjack-based game, where the object was to get closest to a specified total, which changed each game.

The other of the two games was poker-based, where the object was to get the best five-card poker. That game I think we all liked much better.

I also wrote up a page for Gamblit games in general. Please click the link.

My own opinion is the games, especially the poker one, were very engaging, entertaining, and fun. I cannot think of a single thing I would do to improve them, in terms of game play, graphics, and sound. My biggest complaint, and I think that of all of us, was the raked seemed simply too high. The prizes were randomized but I'm pretty sure they are set to a 75% average of the total amount bet. I don't think we ever saw a pot more than what we put into it.

Despite the fact that we all knew we were getting horrible odds, we must have played it for about half an hour and seemed to have a great time. We all probably lost $5 to $10, which is cheaper than many other forms of gambling.

I'd like to check out the games at the Planet Hollywood next. Who is up for joining me?

Meanwhile, please visit my new page on Gamblit and let me know what you think. As always, questions, comments, and especially corrections are welcome.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
santacris
santacris
  • Threads: 0
May 21st, 2017 at 12:01:52 PM permalink
i am also support your piony of view!
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 164
May 21st, 2017 at 12:13:46 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'd like to check out the games at the Planet Hollywood next. Who is up for joining me?

I hit town at about this time, next Sunday....
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 164
May 21st, 2017 at 12:40:11 PM permalink
While you were at MGM, did you try the laser golf?
http://www.cdcgamingreports.com/golfers-can-bet-on-skills-in-tourneys-at-mgm-grands-level-up-lounge/
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
  • Threads: 69
May 21st, 2017 at 7:01:37 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Meanwhile, please visit my new page on Gamblit and let me know what you think. As always, questions, comments, and especially corrections are welcome.

The first paragraph you say "I first heard of gambling at the ...". That should read "I first heard of Gamblit...". You also need to add the word "they" to that same sentence to read "they were the buzz of the entire show"...

What was that 11-1 payoff for, that you zoomed in on in the video? Was that a sidebet? From that short video, I don't think I would like cannonball (much like whoever kept calling bullsh*t in that video lol).
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 978
mrsuit31
May 21st, 2017 at 7:54:53 PM permalink
Quote: mrsuit31

\What was that 11-1 payoff for, that you zoomed in on in the video? Was that a sidebet? From that short video, I don't think I would like cannonball (much like whoever kept calling bullsh*t in that video lol).

Thanks for those corrections. I think you mean the card values, aces being worth 1 or 11. There are no side bets.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
mtcards
mtcards
  • Threads: 3
June 25th, 2017 at 7:04:51 PM permalink
Went hunting for this game last week when I was in Vegas. Saw it at both Caesars Palace ($2) and The Linq ($3), sure there are others. Played the blackbeard version both times and not the poker version. Bought in for $20 at Caesars, cashed out $49, bought in for $20 at the Linq and cashed out $45,

My opinion on this game is mixed. I played roughly 20 games at each location before the table disbanded. The rake, in my opinion is way too high. On most full games (4 players), the $2 game pulled anywhere from 80 cents to $2.40 per game, only once in the 20 hands was there a win at higher than the bet and that was at $9 or so. The same was true for the $3 hands. While the rake percentage is not the worst part, the speed of the games make the rake almost impossible to overcome if played at any length of time.

The game itself is quite easy to learn, however, you must have a good mathematical knowledge on the Blackbeard version as it requires counting cards and adding fast, something I am good at. I felt that my competition at both tables were so inferior that I could play for hours and make money all the way. This is why this game will be difficult to perpetuate itself. It isnt a game, as in table games whereby luck of the cards could keep the table full for hours. In this game, someone always loses and by the time the players lose the first $20, they will realize they arent the best at the table and in both instances, will quit. The "sharks" will circle the tables waiting for their prey and it seems in Vegas, there is always prey around.

• Jump to: