Thread Rating:

Poll

4 votes (28.57%)
4 votes (28.57%)
3 votes (21.42%)
3 votes (21.42%)

14 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1398
  • Posts: 23607
November 23rd, 2015 at 6:53:19 AM permalink
Raise 'Em Poker I hear is a popular table game in Africa. It is pretty much the same thing as Let it Ride, except the player adds bets instead of pulling them back. However, it follows a different pay table than in the US, which changes the strategy a little. There is also a different side bet.

So, please click the link and let me know what you think of my new page on the game. As always, I welcome comments, questions, and especially corrections.

The question for the poll is would you play Raise 'Em Poker?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
Joined: Apr 28, 2010
  • Threads: 115
  • Posts: 5692
November 23rd, 2015 at 7:15:34 AM permalink
No; I dislike pay table based main games. Feels like I'm chasing all the time, usually to be let down, seldom getting a strong starting hand. With dealer/player face-offs, you always have a shot at the end. UTH et al are the carny games to play. MO.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1398
  • Posts: 23607
November 23rd, 2015 at 11:00:40 AM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

No; I dislike pay table based main games. Feels like I'm chasing all the time, usually to be let down, seldom getting a strong starting hand. With dealer/player face-offs, you always have a shot at the end. UTH et al are the carny games to play. MO.



The flip side of that is that in player vs. dealer games you can have a great hand -- and still lose. Of course, I'm sure somebody will say, "That is what side bets are for."
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
Joined: May 29, 2010
  • Threads: 82
  • Posts: 1325
November 23rd, 2015 at 11:14:48 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The flip side of that is that in player vs. dealer games you can have a great hand -- and still lose. Of course, I'm sure somebody will say, "That is what side bets are for."



This is why I prefer paytable games these days. As long as the hit rates don't suck, which unfortunately most do... But I can certainly name at least one that is suitable ;)
.
Romes
Romes
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 5518
November 23rd, 2015 at 11:53:04 AM permalink
Quote: mrsuit31

This is why I prefer paytable games these days. As long as the hit rates don't suck, which unfortunately most do... But I can certainly name at least one that is suitable ;)

Ohhhhhhh, I see what you did there ;-).

I'm split 50/50. The hit rates do suck in most games, which to me is just boring loss after loss after loss. Then again, anyone who's played something like blackjack knows irritating it can be to get dealt 20 three hands in a row and lose all 3.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
mrsuit31
mrsuit31
Joined: May 29, 2010
  • Threads: 82
  • Posts: 1325
November 23rd, 2015 at 5:21:47 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

Ohhhhhhh, I see what you did there ;-).

I'm split 50/50. The hit rates do suck in most games, which to me is just boring loss after loss after loss. Then again, anyone who's played something like blackjack knows irritating it can be to get dealt 20 three hands in a row and lose all 3.



Haha, at least someone appreciated that one...
.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14232
November 23rd, 2015 at 7:36:57 PM permalink
I greatly prefer games against the dealer to paytable games, too. This, or a variation of it, came out from SHFL several years ago; I think it was called Big Raise Stud Poker at the Venetian, where I played it. It was purely aggravating with the low hit rate. (I ranted on this board about it at the time, not knowing Pacman was on here or even who he was...moderately embarrassing when I found out, but he was decent about it.) I'm glad it's found a home, but will never be in my rotation.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MrCasinoGames
MrCasinoGames
Joined: Sep 13, 2010
  • Threads: 198
  • Posts: 4242
November 23rd, 2015 at 11:11:43 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I greatly prefer games against the dealer to paytable games, too. This, or a variation of it, came out from SHFL several years ago; I think it was called Big Raise Stud Poker at the Venetian, where I played it. It was purely aggravating with the low hit rate. (I ranted on this board about it at the time, not knowing Pacman was on here or even who he was...moderately embarrassing when I found out, but he was decent about it.) I'm glad it's found a home, but will never be in my rotation.


Hi beachbumbabs,

Raise'em Poker (Played for more then 10 years in Africa) is the same thing as Let it Ride, except the player adds bets instead of pulling them back.
I don't think it is the same as Big Raise Stud Poker.

Anyway, for the last 3 years this game has My (Triple-Pot) Progressive-bet attached to it and is call Raise'em Poker Plus. has around 100 tables installed today.

PS. My (Triple-Pot) Progressive-bet will be attached to my Casino Hold'em® (Casino Hold'em® Plus) and it is coming out next year.
My other (Triple-Pot) Progressive-bet games including Baccarat, Blackjack.
Stephen Au-Yeung (Legend of New Table Games®) NewTableGames.com
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14232
November 24th, 2015 at 12:35:11 AM permalink
Quote: MrCasinoGames

Hi beachbumbabs,

Raise'em Poker (Played for more then 10 years in Africa) is the same thing as Let it Ride, except the player adds bets instead of pulling them back.
I don't think it is the same as Big Raise Stud Poker.

Anyway, for the last 3 years this game has My (Triple-Pot) Progressive-bet attached to it and is call Raise'em Poker Plus. has around 100 tables installed today.

PS. My (Triple-Pot) Progressive-bet will be attached to my Casino Hold'em® (Casino Hold'em® Plus) and it is coming out next year.
My other (Triple-Pot) Progressive-bet games including Baccarat, Blackjack.



Stephen,

Glad to hear they like the game in Africa. Not your fault that I didn't like the version I played: here's the WoO link to that game . The rules of both seemed very similar to me, though I see you have a slightly different betting procedure. Best wishes to you!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MrCasinoGames
MrCasinoGames
Joined: Sep 13, 2010
  • Threads: 198
  • Posts: 4242
November 24th, 2015 at 3:33:32 AM permalink
Quote: MrCasinoGames


PS. My (Triple-Pot) Progressive-bet will be attached to my Casino Hold'em® (Casino Hold'em® Plus) and it is coming out next year.
My other (Triple-Pot) Progressive-bet games including Baccarat, Blackjack.


For the record (My Progressive Games and ideas):

I invented the different live poker table games link to one Progressive-jackpot e.g. Casino Holdem® (Caribbean Hold'emô) link with Caribbean Stud and other poker games (base on the first five card dealt) played in Russia and Eastern EU 2003 (DEK).
Still being use in the internet (software RTG: Bodog, Bavada and others) Caribbean Hold'emô link with Caribbean Stud.

The 5/7 Hold'em-Progressive, where 5 out of the 7 cards are use to make a Progressive hand (Casino Hold'em Progressive 5/7®) in 2005 (TCS Paltronics). Still being use in Africa.

Now (Triple-Pot) Poker-Progressive and (Triple-Pot) Blackjack-Progressive played in Africa for the last 3-years (TCS GFL).

My new Progressive games are Baccarat-Power Progressive (TCS GFL) there are 5 variations.
Stephen Au-Yeung (Legend of New Table Games®) NewTableGames.com

  • Jump to: