rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
May 19th, 2010 at 10:31:13 AM permalink
i think its more beneficial both for the crew and you by making hardway bets for the crew. its usually announced to the whole table which will help encourage other players to tip them and take the load off your back for a while.
likeplayingcrapsandbj
likeplayingcrapsandbj
  • Threads: 17
May 19th, 2010 at 10:43:55 AM permalink
Where I usually play they rotatate the crew at craps/bj every 20 minutes. 3 dealers and stickman. I try to tip at least every rotation and at color up. Usually $5 on pass, $2 on 6/8 hard, and $5 at color up with a $100 buy, 5 table. What is aggrevating me is the dealers general attitude is bad overall. I appreciate good service and will tip, but just service or bad service forget it. I was a waiter and know the difference.
Last Man at the Table
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
May 19th, 2010 at 3:21:58 PM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

i think its more beneficial both for the crew and you by making hardway bets for the crew. its usually announced to the whole table which will help encourage other players to tip them and take the load off your back for a while.

I don't care how other people tip... that's their problem. I'll tip on the good bets, and end up getting pretty good service on my bets. Most of the good dealers will also make it clear if they have a bet working for them when they rotate.

Poker is a game I always used to tip only at the end of each dealer's down, or if I won a huge pot. This meant every dealer got the same from me. One player has got in my face about not tipping from a mid-sized pot. I shrugged. Every dealer gets some, not only if I win.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
May 19th, 2010 at 3:57:13 PM permalink
other people not tipping shouldnt increase the frequency of which you tip but other people tipping should decrease the frequency of your tip. if other players are making $5 bets for the dealers, im not about to throw out a $1 bet for them too because the other players tips overshadow mine. ill wait for a lull in the tipping by the other players before i go back to my normal tipping routine.

• Jump to: