Thread Rating:

Sandybestdog
Sandybestdog
Joined: Feb 3, 2015
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 197
February 4th, 2015 at 3:36:40 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

Uth is a very volatile game. The variance is much higher than blackjack. You are seeing one card, do you know the strategy for that, are seeing the exact card or are you guessing alot.Is it a six or was it a seven, was tha an eight or was it a ten? Can you distinguish the picture cards? It's also a very slow game, you are lucky to get 20 hands per hour so how many hands have you really played?



I try to only use it to my advantage. A lot of times you'll just see a lot of paint and know it's probably a 8,9, or 10 clubs or spades etc. Sometimes you can't distinguish the faces but if you've just got a 10 for a kicker, you know to fold it. If I pair up to an 8 and I know the dealer has a face and there is another face on the board, I'll still raise. The other night I had a king and a 2. I saw plain as day the flop had a 2. Seeing as how that is a borderline raise anyways, I 4x it. Of course then the dealer pairs up both his hole cards. Another time I had pocket 2's and saw another 2 before the flop and 4x that. It's a little funny though when I see what I think was the 7 of clubs and then I get dealt that card!

I've also learned not to show anybody your cards. There was once where there was 4 clubs on the board and I was about 95% sure I saw the dealer had the queen of clubs. I was trying to fold when the guy next to me pointed out that I had the 10 of clubs. Sure enough the dealer flipped over the queen. But I'm kind of surprised at how little the info does me any good. A lot of times it doesn't matter and other times the dealer always has something anyways. The other day I saw there was an ace on the flop and the guy next to me also had an ace. I was going to try to nudge him to 4x when I saw that he was doing it anyways. Of course then the dealer pulls out a full house.

It is very slow. People always need change to play their side bets. Also the pit boss is always getting called over to watch a payout on a full house or something. Then there was the time when a lady had a 9 to connect a sraight and the dealer also had one but she was convinced she won cause her king then plays as a kicker. Even after politely being told by everybody else at the table that it's a push, she still wants to argue about it. Then, two hands later she hits a straight flush while playing the trips. I gues karma isn't a bitch.

But no I don't guess. Always revert back to basic strategy. If I could just find a way to holecard blackjack, then I'd be set.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14229
February 4th, 2015 at 9:06:54 PM permalink
Quote: Sandybestdog

I try to only use it to my advantage. A lot of times you'll just see a lot of paint and know it's probably a 8,9, or 10 clubs or spades etc. Sometimes you can't distinguish the faces but if you've just got a 10 for a kicker, you know to fold it. If I pair up to an 8 and I know the dealer has a face and there is another face on the board, I'll still raise. The other night I had a king and a 2. I saw plain as day the flop had a 2. Seeing as how that is a borderline raise anyways, I 4x it. Of course then the dealer pairs up both his hole cards. Another time I had pocket 2's and saw another 2 before the flop and 4x that. It's a little funny though when I see what I think was the 7 of clubs and then I get dealt that card!

I've also learned not to show anybody your cards. There was once where there was 4 clubs on the board and I was about 95% sure I saw the dealer had the queen of clubs. I was trying to fold when the guy next to me pointed out that I had the 10 of clubs. Sure enough the dealer flipped over the queen. But I'm kind of surprised at how little the info does me any good. A lot of times it doesn't matter and other times the dealer always has something anyways. The other day I saw there was an ace on the flop and the guy next to me also had an ace. I was going to try to nudge him to 4x when I saw that he was doing it anyways. Of course then the dealer pulls out a full house.

It is very slow. People always need change to play their side bets. Also the pit boss is always getting called over to watch a payout on a full house or something. Then there was the time when a lady had a 9 to connect a sraight and the dealer also had one but she was convinced she won cause her king then plays as a kicker. Even after politely being told by everybody else at the table that it's a push, she still wants to argue about it. Then, two hands later she hits a straight flush while playing the trips. I gues karma isn't a bitch.

But no I don't guess. Always revert back to basic strategy. If I could just find a way to holecard blackjack, then I'd be set.



Well, I take back my guesses about what you're playing, because it sounds like you're very close onto correct strategy. So then it just might come down to variance running against you right now, which sucks.

Interesting anecdote about the 10 of clubs. You're pretty much hosed for folding without being exposed as a hole-carder, though several places I play, they check your folded cards whether asked to or not, whether you're playing the Trips bet or not. Might just have to take one for the team on that unless where you play they don't check your values. God knows you don't want to tell the dealer they're flashing, and I don't know what else you could say once the person next to you saw the flush.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Sandybestdog
Sandybestdog
Joined: Feb 3, 2015
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 197
February 6th, 2015 at 9:25:37 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Well, I take back my guesses about what you're playing, because it sounds like you're very close onto correct strategy. So then it just might come down to variance running against you right now, which sucks.

Interesting anecdote about the 10 of clubs. You're pretty much hosed for folding without being exposed as a hole-carder, though several places I play, they check your folded cards whether asked to or not, whether you're playing the Trips bet or not. Might just have to take one for the team on that unless where you play they don't check your values. God knows you don't want to tell the dealer they're flashing, and I don't know what else you could say once the person next to you saw the flush.


I don't think they normally check your cards unless you are playing the trips bet. The other day I saw one guy folding and said to the dealer to just take everything. When the dealer looked at the cards, the guy got mad and repeated to just take the chips. The dealer says they check for the trips cause people have been known to make mistakes. That's because you still get paid on the trips if you fold. You can always play dumb. With 7 cards to look at, it's easy to miss something. Like when they flip everything over and the dealer says doesn't anybody have a 6, who's got the 6? Then I say I've got a 6 and realize I have a straight. I was playing 3 card poker the other day and the dealer was looking at my folded cards. It would look a little suspicion if I had folded an A24 cause I knew she had an ace as well.
offTopic
offTopic
Joined: Dec 6, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 44
February 17th, 2015 at 8:46:05 PM permalink
Is there a way of estimating the value of being able to put "the fourth bet" in preflop when:
a) your neighbor is scared to bet 4x and only wants to bet 3x
b) the casino will allow such a practice

If that's not clear, for example, the person next to you gets AQs, which they know is a good hand, but only want to bet 3x preflop. You ask if it's OK to put the 4th bet on top (assuming they understand you get your bet plus any winnings on that bet back...I shouldn't have to say that, but who the hell knows what people will assume in a casino).
miplet
miplet
Joined: Dec 1, 2009
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1941
February 18th, 2015 at 4:01:15 AM permalink
Quote: offTopic

Is there a way of estimating the value of being able to put "the fourth bet" in preflop when:
a) your neighbor is scared to bet 4x and only wants to bet 3x
b) the casino will allow such a practice

If that's not clear, for example, the person next to you gets AQs, which they know is a good hand, but only want to bet 3x preflop. You ask if it's OK to put the 4th bet on top (assuming they understand you get your bet plus any winnings on that bet back...I shouldn't have to say that, but who the hell knows what people will assume in a casino).


Here is a list of just the Play bet EV if they are bet preflop. If your neighbor has a $10 Ante bet and only wants to bet $30 preflop with his 9/A suited and lets you bet the extra $10, you would get average win of $2.55624278

HANDEV
Pair of A's0.704074266
Pair of K's0.647913596
Pair of Q's0.598503281
Pair of J's0.549389458
Pair of T's0.500235599
Pair of 9's0.441145039
Pair of 8's0.383260709
K/A suited0.340892646
Pair of 7's0.324720456
Q/A suited0.324177248
J/A suited0.307853581
K/A unsuited0.306401436
T/A suited0.292047736
Q/A unsuited0.288636787
J/A unsuited0.271265158
Q/K suited0.268008066
Pair of 6's0.265694964
9/A suited0.255624278
T/A unsuited0.254433093
J/K suited0.251346803
8/A suited0.238876213
T/K suited0.235771163
Q/K unsuited0.229116001
7/A suited0.219679171
9/A unsuited0.215456128
J/K unsuited0.211373703
Pair of 5's0.20649841
J/Q suited0.205184103
9/K suited0.19976951
5/A suited0.198458512
6/A suited0.198116561
8/A unsuited0.197452102
T/K unsuited0.194778303
T/Q suited0.189351186
4/A suited0.18067272
7/A unsuited0.176823908
8/K suited0.166246999
3/A suited0.164406412
J/Q unsuited0.162693794
9/K unsuited0.156238493
5/A unsuited0.153930687
6/A unsuited0.153649046
9/Q suited0.153286434
7/K suited0.15075475
T/J suited0.150557142
2/A suited0.147577957
T/Q unsuited0.145815652
Pair of 4's0.140456424
4/A unsuited0.134593553
6/K suited0.13281471
8/K unsuited0.120403451
8/Q suited0.12035466
3/A unsuited0.116892047
5/K suited0.115858353
9/J suited0.113249411
9/Q unsuited0.107208698
T/J unsuited0.104954062
7/K unsuited0.103747003
2/A unsuited0.098571174
4/K suited0.097692731
7/Q suited0.086045264
6/K unsuited0.084465579
3/K suited0.081099529
9/T suited0.080550573
8/J suited0.080312884
Pair of 3's0.073861528
6/Q suited0.072251329
8/Q unsuited0.071995841
5/K unsuited0.066279457
9/J unsuited0.065023938
2/K suited0.064234567
5/Q suited0.055388218
8/T suited0.046687414
4/K unsuited0.046549442
7/J suited0.046495624
4/Q suited0.037106041
7/Q unsuited0.035313319
9/T unsuited0.030633448
8/J unsuited0.02980326
3/K unsuited0.028513793
6/Q unsuited0.020481046
3/Q suited0.02038493
8/9 suited0.016015108
7/T suited0.012780751
6/J suited0.012118143
2/K unsuited0.010174476
Pair of 2's0.006680382
2/Q suited0.003380705
5/Q unsuited0.002401656
5/J suited-0.00026301
8/T unsuited-0.005574527
7/J unsuited-0.006361328
4/Q unsuited-0.017446318
7/9 suited-0.017645378
4/J suited-0.018590932
6/T suited-0.021186486
3/J suited-0.03536752
3/Q unsuited-0.035611279
8/9 unsuited-0.038059345
7/8 suited-0.041273195
7/T unsuited-0.04183729
6/J unsuited-0.043114539
6/9 suited-0.051434185
2/J suited-0.052436952
2/Q unsuited-0.054091262
5/T suited-0.055674821
5/J unsuited-0.056382235
4/T suited-0.069390128
7/9 unsuited-0.074043872
6/8 suited-0.075134615
4/J unsuited-0.076272309
6/T unsuited-0.078159934
5/9 suited-0.085562509
3/T suited-0.08614976
6/7 suited-0.092564667
3/J unsuited-0.094489102
7/8 unsuited-0.098983755
2/T suited-0.103210345
5/8 suited-0.109100146
6/9 unsuited-0.110173095
2/J unsuited-0.113030648
5/T unsuited-0.114981009
4/9 suited-0.122760584
5/7 suited-0.126489267
4/T unsuited-0.12991784
3/9 suited-0.134714844
6/8 unsuited-0.135181963
5/6 suited-0.137332276
4/8 suited-0.145967454
5/9 unsuited-0.146617144
3/T unsuited-0.148108983
2/9 suited-0.151696563
6/7 unsuited-0.153545062
4/7 suited-0.163013762
2/T unsuited-0.166632988
4/5 suited-0.170931593
5/8 unsuited-0.17144948
4/6 suited-0.173333619
3/8 suited-0.182529918
4/9 unsuited-0.18657893
5/7 unsuited-0.189760623
2/8 suited-0.194567311
3/7 suited-0.199281282
3/9 unsuited-0.199609713
5/6 unsuited-0.201113954
3/5 suited-0.206140752
3/6 suited-0.209328801
4/8 unsuited-0.211064171
2/9 unsuited-0.218041274
3/4 suited-0.227161032
4/7 unsuited-0.229003443
2/7 suited-0.236882131
4/5 unsuited-0.236894258
4/6 unsuited-0.239790235
2/5 suited-0.24301344
2/6 suited-0.246620718
3/8 unsuited-0.250323748
2/4 suited-0.263419706
2/8 unsuited-0.263446518
3/7 unsuited-0.26795486
3/5 unsuited-0.274704578
3/6 unsuited-0.278447381
2/3 suited-0.280311388
3/4 unsuited-0.297082132
2/7 unsuited-0.308327054
2/5 unsuited-0.31430709
2/6 unsuited-0.318497233
2/4 unsuited-0.336004997
2/3 unsuited-0.353935437

“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
offTopic
offTopic
Joined: Dec 6, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 44
February 18th, 2015 at 6:59:56 AM permalink
Awesome...thanks!
offTopic
offTopic
Joined: Dec 6, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 44
March 20th, 2015 at 1:02:29 PM permalink
Posed this question on another forum as well: While playing in LV last weekend, I saw a guy I'm pretty sure was actively cheating. He would bet $10 on the Ante but only $5 on the Blind. He would do this every hand until the dealer corrected him after which he would bet correctly for a hand or two and then go back to 10-5. The times I did see him win with a straight or better, the dealer paid according to the $5 wager, but of course when he lost, he would only lose $5 on the Blind instead of $10. Any idea what advantage is gained by doing this?
Deucekies
Deucekies
Joined: Jan 20, 2014
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 1219
March 20th, 2015 at 1:15:54 PM permalink
Assuming the Play bet is made based on the Ante wager, a 2.185% house advantage becomes a 13.55% player advantage.


Bet Avg Wager Avg Pay Avg Win
Ante 1 -0.16576 -0.16576
Blind 0.5 -0.31469 -0.15734
Play 2.15225 0.21308 0.45859
Total 3.65225 0.13549


A white-chipper could have a player advantage (albeit a small one) betting $10 on the Ante and $9 on the Blind, and he would likely get caught less often.


Bet Avg Wager Avg Pay Avg Win
Ante 1 -0.16576 -0.16576
Blind 0.9 -0.31469 -0.28322
Play 2.15225 0.21308 0.45859
Total 4.05225 0.00962
Casinos are not your friends, they want your money. But so does Disneyland. And there is no chance in hell that you will go to Disneyland and come back with more money than you went with. - AxelWolf and Mickeycrimm
offTopic
offTopic
Joined: Dec 6, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 44
March 20th, 2015 at 1:25:04 PM permalink
Wow! Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned this on a public forum...hate to blow up the guy's spot :-( Mods can remove this if they feel like it
Deucekies
Deucekies
Joined: Jan 20, 2014
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 1219
March 20th, 2015 at 1:29:02 PM permalink
Quote: offTopic

Wow! Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned this on a public forum...hate to blow up the guy's spot :-( Mods can remove this if they feel like it



I don't think it's that big a secret. Any casino that doesn't realize that Ante = Blind is important doesn't deserve to be in business.

That said, if anyone would like my post taken down as well, I'll do so.
Casinos are not your friends, they want your money. But so does Disneyland. And there is no chance in hell that you will go to Disneyland and come back with more money than you went with. - AxelWolf and Mickeycrimm

  • Jump to: