pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
April 21st, 2010 at 3:35:48 PM permalink
They have the shufflemaster video BJ games set at $1 in downtown and they pay 3:2.

IMHO if you sit with some other people at one of these machines for small stakes BJ, you can still get drinks and it feels more like a real table than a machine built into a bar.

The video machines deal separate decks to each player. It is 6 decks with 66% penetration. That increases the HA advantage somewhat, but at least you are getting full pay. I just figure why play a live game at reduced pay for such small stakes.
wonderwarthog
wonderwarthog
  • Threads: 2
February 10th, 2011 at 11:03:55 PM permalink
I don't think anyone has addressed craps money management strategy with a low bankroll. If I have less than about $500 to risk in craps, I don't play because I can't take the max odds on enough numbers, but you could just play pass with max odds or one come bet with max odds and do ok. Money at PaiGow Poker also lasts longer usually because you get so many ties. One way to test all this out is to go to BoDog and practice with certain bet amounts. See what works for your stake.
goatcabin
goatcabin
  • Threads: 4
February 11th, 2011 at 11:24:16 AM permalink
Quote: wonderwarthog

I don't think anyone has addressed craps money management strategy with a low bankroll. If I have less than about $500 to risk in craps, I don't play because I can't take the max odds on enough numbers, but you could just play pass with max odds or one come bet with max odds and do ok. Money at PaiGow Poker also lasts longer usually because you get so many ties. One way to test all this out is to go to BoDog and practice with certain bet amounts. See what works for your stake.

If you have $500 and bet $5 pass with 3, 4, 5X odds, you can play for a couple of hours with very, very little "risk of ruin".
Cheers,
Alan Shank
Woodland, CA
Cheers, Alan Shank "How's that for a squabble, Pugh?" Peter Boyle as Mister Moon in "Yellowbeard"

• Jump to: