Thread Rating:

Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
September 12th, 2013 at 6:44:33 AM permalink
But that will lead to being barred. Of course being barred will lead to increased sales in Bj books. And dice setting book writers have not yet grasped this simple fact. I wonder why !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
gr8player
gr8player
  • Threads: 8
September 12th, 2013 at 6:59:24 AM permalink
Quote: wroberson

As far as I know there is no going back.

Assuming the guy is telling the facts, the big picture says that leaves the table a winner. I can't speak for what happened between sitting at the table and leaving, but once he leaves, a final result is found. There's is one predictable outcome when a player gambles. The gambler will leave the table at some point. I say if he leaves the table a winner most of the time in the past, the future results should be the same.

If he has built a habit of leaving the table a winner, or with more money than he started with, it should be 90% in his favor. Keep in mind in order for something to be a habit, a person has to repeat the same action 50-60 times in a row. To prove this, all you have to do is ask a person to cross their arms. It will be the same way they've done it since birth. It's a subconscious routine. This is where people need to get to when they gamble. Make it a instinct to leave the table ahead.

Oh my, wroberson.

I don't know who you are, personally, but this post just defined you for me as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely spot-on, my friend, and written as a WINNER.

I'm not too sure about the "50-60 times in a row"; the most sessions I've won consecutively is a bit over 30. But the main point holds true: Winning can become habitual. Absolutely.

Then, and, frankly, ONLY THEN, do the "numbers" play as "second fiddle". The positive mental attitude/aptitude will trump those numbers continously. Because you only get to that "winning place" when you're armed with the knowledge that consistent winning is surely doable IF you remain consistent in your plays/approaches.

I'm glad to have read your post, wroberson. And I wish you continued success. Strike that...I'm relatively certain of your continued success.

What a refreshing post; from someone who didn't simply multiply the expected pay-out by the expected strike rate and came up with a negative number (as minor as that number might be) and threw up their hands in disgust and defeat; again, what a refreshing post. Well done, my friend.
gr8player
gr8player
September 12th, 2013 at 7:05:28 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Always remember to bet more when you are going to win and less when you will lose.

There's alot of truth in humor, my friend, and your post is no exception.

Done correctly...DONE CORRECTLY...it most certainly is possible to take advantage of positive variances while "backing off" negative ones.

You need to know what you're "looking at"; you need to know what to "look for"; and it's most certainly possible.
gr8player
gr8player
September 12th, 2013 at 7:15:58 AM permalink
Quote: egalite

....he now feels the need to regurgitate/reproduce a post he made back on 18th August 2010 in the Baccarat forum of the GG site. Unfortunately back in 2010 when the OP originally started a thread the "Chicken or the Egg", he received twenty responses, many of them positive, this kept him going and fed the destructive cycle which he finds himself entangled and unable to escape from.

Hmm...

Obsession, noun, the domination of one's thoughts....

Hmm...so now you can post the exact date and verbiage from one of my posts some two years ago?!

Obsessed with me much, are we?

Yes, you're living the very definition of the word.

So it's rather obvious that your very own quote: "..this kept him going and fed the destructive cycle which he finds himself entangled and unable to escape from" pertains most directly to you, my friend. It's well past time for your long, long look into the mirror....
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
September 12th, 2013 at 8:25:19 AM permalink
Quote: gr8player

You need to know what you're "looking at"; you need to know what to "look for"; and it's most certainly possible.

Teacher, is it true that you have lost $250,000 at baccarat????
Fighting BS one post at a time!
gr8player
gr8player
September 12th, 2013 at 8:44:10 AM permalink
....and, like clockwork, up pops the 2nd largest embarrassment to this forum....sheesh...

....between you, EvenBob and Egalite I've got my own personal 3 Stooges running 'round in circles...

...ah well, I suppose obsession is, after all, a most sincere form of flattery...rave on, boys, rave on...

I, on the other hand, will be at the Mohegan Sun for the next two days. Stay well....
egalite
egalite
  • Threads: 9
September 12th, 2013 at 10:01:37 AM permalink
Quote: gr8player

Hmm...

Obsession, noun, the domination of one's thoughts....

Hmm...so now you can post the exact date and verbiage from one of my posts some two years ago?!

Obsessed with me much, are we?

Yes, you're living the very definition of the word.

So it's rather obvious that your very own quote: "..this kept him going and fed the destructive cycle which he finds himself entangled and unable to escape from" pertains most directly to you, my friend. It's well past time for your long, long look into the mirror....

All I merely did was use the search function at the Glen. So what did you do, trawl the Glen desperately seeking something to bring to the WOV and settled on the egg and chicken thread, such very strange behaviour from somebody riding the crest of them waves.

No obsession just pointing out the foolishness of it all, however admittedly you're doing an excellent job yourself. One thing I can't get my head around and something you seemed to duck when asked at the Glen. Regarding these so called 'stat' plays of yours, if you bet C will or should follow AB (AB being the trigger) and it misses, the likelihood of C following AB increases right? However if C doesn't follow AB in a few shoes when AB occurs, or within a session you limit your losses?

So the following week, your primed for C to follow AB because you got burnt seven days ago and increase your starting wager accordingly and are willing to do the same the following week if lightening strikes twice, which has happened but never a third time. While I agree it is unlikely that C won't follow AB indefinitely.

However my question is, what about all those occurrences of AB that occur while your not there??? Do these count? What if, C followed AB by 80% while your weren't there and the swing back to norm is due, which is when you decide to sit down? Or do these statistical occurrences of C is expected to follow AB only count when you are there? Always been curious about that one and is something you dodged previously, perhaps you care to enlighten us all or me.

BTW - You haven't rated the thread yet.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
September 12th, 2013 at 10:04:58 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
September 12th, 2013 at 10:11:35 AM permalink
Basic strategy is one of those things where when we are learning, we go slow, but after 50-60 times it becomes a subconscious habit. I no longer have to think about how the hand(s) show be played. Getting up from the table a winner I doubt would ever become a subconscious action. We always want to win as much as we can. For some we want it all at once and for others we will take it slowly and over time.

Somewhere else I posted I haven't learned to leave the table a loser. I understand the concept of cutting your loses, but you have to have losses to cut. My first solo trips back in 1994 between January and May resulted in 18-25k in wins and I have not lost that much since. I'm not ignorant of it, but when you do the math, if you always cut your losses, leave when you're down... I just can't see it as a win whether you're down $200 or $1000. For sure I've left the table broke, but very few times has it been more than $200.

I like hearing about people winning, gr8tplayer, it gives me hope and I haven't won in 2 years. I think the cost of the 4-5 trip(s) I've taken since July 2011 have cost more than the cash I lost. My next trip is different, It looks like I will set my bankroll goal and may have nearly 2k for a run at a $50 unit.

I've been incredibly lucky.
Buffering...
egalite
egalite
  • Threads: 9
September 12th, 2013 at 10:24:57 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I'd rate it a "negative infinity" but that's not an option.

It's kind of weird that 47 pages of threads in this section of WOV and it appears only those by GR8 are rated, how did that happen I do wonder?

• Jump to: