Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
May 3rd, 2010 at 7:36:29 PM permalink
Quote: appistappis

wiz, its amazing the way the regulars (asians) will scoff at what are better plays.....yet they go with the superstitions like they are paved in gold....all games, not just tiles.

It would be easy to run with that, but my own pale faces can be pretty bad too, but in different ways. Like blaming the player at third base for everybody losing in blackjack, or the guy who says "seven" at the craps table.

Quote: DJTeddyBear

So Wiz, what was the dealer's hand?

Did your decision give you a better result than the alternative?

I think I would have pushed either way. However, it isn't important whether you won or lost, but whether you made the right decision, which I did.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
PaiGowFan
PaiGowFan
  • Threads: 7
May 13th, 2010 at 5:48:22 PM permalink
Haven't had a chance to write since I went to Vegas 28-Apr to 02-May. I had a great time. Stayed and played at Aria. Very nice. In any case, the Wizard way and JB's strategy helped A LOT. I've been playing for many, many years (I only play once or twice a year) and spent my time learning the traditional way - most recently studying it on paigow.com. The past few years it has really begun to click and recently studying on this site and wizardofodds.com really helped.

Playing 0's 1's and 2's to push up the high hand instead of a low of a 3 or 4 really made a difference and the real (Asian) pros playing noticed and commented on my play.

Thanks.
  • Jump to: