Thread Rating:

teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5444
November 8th, 2013 at 7:22:27 AM permalink
I won $100 betting banker every fourth hand for $10 at Gold Coast for an hour and a half while smoking a cigar and drinking comped scotch.

I AM THE BEST BACCARAT PLAYER EVER
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
gr8player
gr8player
Joined: Mar 2, 2013
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 606
November 8th, 2013 at 8:10:46 AM permalink
Quote: jhousetc

May be if you start to play as much Baccarat as I do. You'll start to understand what GR8 is talking about.



Hello, jhousetc. I trust all is well with you.

Thank you for taking the time, and, even more pertinent, the risk, of your posting public support of "anything gr8player" in this forum.

While I certainly appreciate it, you'll soon come to realization of the repercussions for such "blasphemy" as daring to take on any "negative expectation" game with a, dare I say it, "positive expectation" for yourself.

I am, quite obviously, "persona non grata" in this forum.

One either falls into line around here, or simply falls out of grace.

My Baccarat theories and my Baccarat plays, and, heaven forbid, my sharing of same, does not resonate well within these confinements.

And that, my friend, is the very shame of it all.

Why the pretense of even having a "Table Games" subsection in this forum, if we are not given the full opportunity for full and unfettered discourse within it?

When, pray tell, have differing views become so intolerable? Towards what end? Unanimity? Is that the desired goal....unanimity? How boring is that?

So, while I surely can understand the opposing views to my Baccarat theories/plays, I could never understand the reasoning behind the belittlement of same.

Ah, well....best for me to leave the remainder of my thoughts regarding this matter unsaid, for I am quite certain that my next suspension will probably be of the "permanent" variety. Can't have a "rogue" member such as myself running wild 'round here, now can we? Yeah...I just finished two weeks' suspension for using, frankly, a "turn of phrase", not meant as anything personal, towards our esteemed Betthoven9th. Heck, I even apologized a couple of posts later when it became apparent the Beethoven9th took it a bit too personally. Case closed, right? Wrong! Got two weeks suspension by the grace of our esteemed admin anyhow....yeah, I'm sure I've got quite the "target on my back" 'round here. I'd best pipe down....

Carry on.

Oh, and one more thing.....

Directly proceeding my suspension, a few of our esteemed members chose to post some rather controversial material regarding me, my play, and, frankly, my character. Go back a couple of pages, you'll easily find them. All posted by the regular suspects....Beethoven9th, EvenBob, and Egalite.

Rather than go back and revisit these deceitful postings, I much prefer to leave you with this question to ponder:

What sort of person would post such demeaning and belittling trash while the subject of the attack is under suspension, and, therefore, can offer no viable self-defense?

What might that say of their character?

I believe it speaks volumes for these sorts of people. Loud and clear. Oh, and absolutely disgusting, IMHO.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
November 8th, 2013 at 8:18:54 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
wudged
wudged
Joined: Aug 7, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 998
November 8th, 2013 at 8:21:36 AM permalink
It's Friday. What's going on!?
gr8player
gr8player
Joined: Mar 2, 2013
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 606
November 8th, 2013 at 8:43:47 AM permalink
Correct, wudged...Friday. Normally, I'm either in AC or CT on Thursday night and Friday, but I'm on "extended duty" for this week, as my partner is on vacation. I can't go this week or next, for that matter. I will, however, be in AC on Saturday Nov 16 and Sunday Nov 17.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7237
November 8th, 2013 at 8:47:34 AM permalink
Quote: gr8player

I can't go this week or next, for that matter. I will, however, be in AC on Saturday Nov 16 and Sunday Nov 17.



November 16th is next saturday (a week from tomorrow). I guess that means that you have less time to wait than you thought:-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
wudged
wudged
Joined: Aug 7, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 998
November 8th, 2013 at 9:03:31 AM permalink
I think he meant this week or next for his usual Thurs/Fri play.
gr8player
gr8player
Joined: Mar 2, 2013
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 606
November 8th, 2013 at 9:26:19 AM permalink
Correct, wudged.
Face
Administrator
Face
Joined: Dec 27, 2010
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 4448
November 8th, 2013 at 9:50:52 AM permalink
Quote: gr8player

I am, quite obviously, "persona non grata" in this forum.

One either falls into line around here, or simply falls out of grace.



I'd drop this thought, as well as the "woe is me" attitude. It doesn't become you.

The problem doesn't seem to be with you. Your quirky writing and typically gentleman-like demeanor aren't anything anyone could really gripe about. On the contrary, you usually take your lumps in stride without lowering yourself to childish retorts or openly offensive remarks.

But you must understand that math and logic rule here. Having a "system" that cannot be wrung through the wringer and proven on paper is going to gain you no favor. It doesn't mean you're hated, it just means no one will hop on your bandwagon. Your opponents, on the other hand, can and have shown their work, and have hundreds of years of math to show anyone exactly how their system will perform.

Many here have systems, myself included. I play it, I've written about it, and I haven't had one person say anything remotely negative about me or my system. The difference between me and you, though, is I just post it as "something I do". I'd be happy to share it and I have. Much like yours, it's almost impossible to run through the wringer because it's mostly based off "feel", and so what? That's the way I play, it's what I like, and people are free to take it or leave it.

However, if I posted that this system was something other than what it was, just another way of playing that leads us to the same end (ie a negative expectation), that's when I'd run into trouble. That's when those who frequent this site, the math guys, the logic guys, are going to clamor to prove it. And the more I refused to prove it, whether out of stubborness or impossibility, the less patient everyone would become with me.

Therein lies your problem. You seem to want someone to acknowledge that you've "found it" without being able to prove it. This just won't happen here. If you continue to try, you'll receive much the same response as you have.

You like Bac, maybe even love it. So post away. Share what you do as reports, as stories, as experiences. I'm sure someone will hop along because they enjoy it too, or enjoy gambling in general. Everything could be just fine.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14232
November 8th, 2013 at 10:15:42 AM permalink
Quote: Face

I'd drop this thought, as well as the "woe is me" attitude. It doesn't become you.

The problem doesn't seem to be with you. Your quirky writing and typically gentleman-like demeanor aren't anything anyone could really gripe about. On the contrary, you usually take your lumps in stride without lowering yourself to childish retorts or openly offensive remarks.

But you must understand that math and logic rule here. Having a "system" that cannot be wrung through the wringer and proven on paper is going to gain you no favor. It doesn't mean you're hated, it just means no one will hop on your bandwagon. Your opponents, on the other hand, can and have shown their work, and have hundreds of years of math to show anyone exactly how their system will perform.

Many here have systems, myself included. I play it, I've written about it, and I haven't had one person say anything remotely negative about me or my system. The difference between me and you, though, is I just post it as "something I do". I'd be happy to share it and I have. Much like yours, it's almost impossible to run through the wringer because it's mostly based off "feel", and so what? That's the way I play, it's what I like, and people are free to take it or leave it.

However, if I posted that this system was something other than what it was, just another way of playing that leads us to the same end (ie a negative expectation), that's when I'd run into trouble. That's when those who frequent this site, the math guys, the logic guys, are going to clamor to prove it. And the more I refused to prove it, whether out of stubborness or impossibility, the less patient everyone would become with me.

Therein lies your problem. You seem to want someone to acknowledge that you've "found it" without being able to prove it. This just won't happen here. If you continue to try, you'll receive much the same response as you have.

You like Bac, maybe even love it. So post away. Share what you do as reports, as stories, as experiences. I'm sure someone will hop along because they enjoy it too, or enjoy gambling in general. Everything could be just fine.



Really well said, Face. I would say, though, that you've made a distinction of where Gr8 has, in fact, contributed to his situation, where you talk about how he's made claims that he hasn't (note I didn't say "can't") backed up with hard, testable information. By default, in the opinions of his detractors, if he "won't", then he "can't". And so he draws ridicule of his system, which he takes personally instead of either conceding that his system is not testable or provable on math or logic, or providing data that can be evaluated. And the downward spiral continues each time this sticking point is reached.

I think it's important to reiterate the issue between the moderators and Gr8 as well, at least as I've read it to be. Mission146's issue with Gr8 isn't personal, either, though Gr8 seems even in his latest post not to understand that. Gr8 had 5 distinct threads running a couple of months ago all saying identical things and making identical arguments to responses. Mission asked him to stop creating new threads on the same subject, as he was spamming the board and fracturing the conversation. Mission told Gr8 he could continue his existing threads, and start other threads on other subjects, and that would not violate the anti-spamming rule this board has. Gr8, in response, created another thread about the same thing. And got banned. Mission146 would have done the same thing with anybody given that sequence of events. Had nothing to do with Gr8, baccarat, or personalities.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.

  • Jump to: