WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
April 18th, 2012 at 8:32:37 AM permalink
NFL SCEDULE
for those who want to start thinking about the possibilities
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
April 18th, 2012 at 8:50:02 AM permalink
The big surprise, at least in the San Francisco area, seems to be, if the Sunday night games stay as they are (which won't happen, if for no other reason than the Week 17 Sunday game will be one where the winner goes to the playoffs and the loser does not, if at all possible) and the Raiders sell out every game (which is likely, as they sold out every game last year, mainly because the new owner lowered ticket prices), there will be three games (four in Week 17) on CBS/Fox on 14 of the 17 Sundays.

For those of you thinking, "I always get three games every Sunday (four in Week 17)", the NFL has a special rule for the 30 home markets (32 teams, but Giants/Jets are one market, as are 49ers/Raiders); if the market's team has a Sunday daytime home game and the network that does not have that week's doubleheader has the rights to it (CBS, if the visiting team is AFC; Fox, if it is NFC), the other network cannot show a game at the same time, even if the local team's game is blacked out in that market.
In the past, the NFL seemed to find a way to schedule the 49ers and Raiders so that there were more weeks without a doubleheader than with; it didn't help that, because of another NFL rule, there is no doubleheader if the local team has a home game on that week's doubleheader network but it is blacked out, and the Raiders were blacked out pretty much every week (the only exceptions seemed to be the once every eight years appearances of Dallas and San Francisco, and the game where it was rumored (correctly) that it would be Jerry Rice's last game for the Raiders). However, this year, there are only three weeks where there is no "doubleheader block" in the San Francisco area.

The Washington/Baltimore area, on the other hand, appears to have problems of its own in this regard.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 18th, 2012 at 8:51:35 AM permalink
Is there a point in Pittsburgh beating the Broncos when Tebow is no longer there? Long history of beating Manning in the playoffs, when the Colts were at their peak (thanks for resting your starters!)

:P
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
April 18th, 2012 at 9:13:39 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

if the market's team has a Sunday daytime home game and the network that does not have that week's doubleheader has the rights to it (CBS, if the visiting team is AFC; Fox, if it is NFC), the other network cannot show a game at the same time, even if the local team's game is blacked out in that market.

Yes i hate that rule. It looks like Seattle falls victim to it a few times this year as always.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
April 18th, 2012 at 11:44:51 AM permalink
Quote: WongBo

NFL SCEDULE

5 nationally Televised games for the Lions this year. I'm not sure I like all this exposure... (that's the same number they've had in the previous 3 seasons, and that's only because they always show the Turkey shoot on Turkey Day in Detroit).

I was hoping to make the 28th Oct match in Detroit vs. Seahawks, but sadly it seems not to be. I would also liked to have made it for the Seahawks/Cowboys match in Seattle with my Cowgirls loving friends, but that doesn't work with work schedules either.

We'll see how it works out...
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
SlangNRox
SlangNRox
  • Threads: 0
April 18th, 2012 at 8:21:09 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Quote: WongBo

NFL SCEDULE

5 nationally Televised games for the Lions this year. I'm not sure I like all this exposure... (that's the same number they've had in the previous 3 seasons, and that's only because they always show the Turkey shoot on Turkey Day in Detroit).

I was hoping to make the 28th Oct match in Detroit vs. Seahawks, but sadly it seems not to be. I would also liked to have made it for the Seahawks/Cowboys match in Seattle with my Cowgirls loving friends, but that doesn't work with work schedules either.

We'll see how it works out...

If you cant make it to the Cowboys game, just hang out at Cowgirls Inc on first st.
My group is still trying to figure our annual football trip. Leaning towards Philly. Last year was NOLA.
FourFiveFace
FourFiveFace
  • Threads: 15
April 18th, 2012 at 10:53:07 PM permalink
I wish the Lions could've gotten a home Sunday Night game, but oh well. Someone pointed out that both the Bears and Packers will be coming off of bye weeks when they face Detroit in the nationally televised games. Not too happy about that.

Interesting that the Giants have the "hardest" schedule. Of course, in the NFL, schedules on paper often turn out to be quite different. But I'm only seeing two gimmies for them (Bucs and Browns; remember, the 'Skins swept them last year). New England has the "easiest" schedule, but the only thing that matters for them is the playoffs.
  • Jump to: