SONBP2
SONBP2
  • Threads: 88
January 30th, 2012 at 1:44:41 PM permalink
Will Either Team Have 3 Unanswered Scores? (TDs, FGs, or Safeties Only)
Yes -200
No +160

I see this game being pretty close throughout so I would lean towards the NO +160. Both defenses are playing very well right now. The total for the game is 54, which is an average of 27 points per team. I do not see this game very high scoring, which is in line with the total score for the game. Theoretically each team should score around 4 TDs, or 3 TDs and 2 FGs. I do not see either team pulling away for a lopsided victory. Therefore, I am leaning towards the NO.

NYG makes more FG’s -110
NE makes more FG’s -110

Over the course of the whole year of the 2011 season NE has made more FGs and allowed fewer FGs than NYG. Only over the past few playoff games have the teams been equal in this category. Looking at the whole season, I would lean towards New England as more likely to make more FGs in this affair. Factoring in stats from 2010, NE also has an edge there as well.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
January 30th, 2012 at 2:40:59 PM permalink
Is a tie a push?
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 30th, 2012 at 3:23:44 PM permalink
Quote: SONBP2

Will Either Team Have 3 Unanswered Scores? (TDs, FGs, or Safeties Only)
Yes -200
No +160

Make sure the term 'unanswered' is clearly defined. If the Pats score 3 TDs, then the Giants score a TD, then the 3rd Pat TD is not 'unanswered'. Many want 'unanswered' just to mean 'consecutive', but for some reason don't know the proper word.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 30th, 2012 at 4:38:34 PM permalink
I've heard Newt Gingrich will be attending the game. The best prop I've heard is that if they put a pizza in front of him what is the number of slices he will eat. The line is 6.5.

Quote: SOOPOO

Make sure the term 'unanswered' is clearly defined. If the Pats score 3 TDs, then the Giants score a TD, then the 3rd Pat TD is not 'unanswered'. Many want 'unanswered' just to mean 'consecutive', but for some reason don't know the proper word.

That is one of the ten most common props I would say. I don't know why they don't just say "consecutive." Hardly anybody ever uses the word "unanswered" other than in reference to a question. It means just that. Extra points and 2-point conversions don't count. It is also a very tricky prop to analyze. I stay away from it.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
January 31st, 2012 at 12:02:13 PM permalink
yup. very tricky, like mine about total (TD + FG + Safety) being worded as scores (no XP's or 2PC's).
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
  • Jump to: