Thread Rating:

EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 20
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
September 2nd, 2022 at 12:38:08 PM permalink
Where's Mission?

Is it safe to assume we are not having a contest this year? Last year Mission started getting things ready in mid-July.

As of right now, the 20200 NFL season is less than a week away. (Actually, a bit more than a week, since we don't include the Thursday games.)
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 57
Mission146
September 2nd, 2022 at 1:27:13 PM permalink
I know. Mission has been barely on the forum for many months! We all miss him. I briefly thought about stepping up to organize and host the NFL picks contest this year, but wasn't sure that would be acceptable to people, and I'm a bit reticent about the work (and possible grief) that would be involved.

If we're going to do anything, we need some decisions very quickly.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
PlayYourCardsRight
PlayYourCardsRight
  • Threads: 9
DieterMission146
September 2nd, 2022 at 4:27:02 PM permalink
I messaged Mission last week, and he said he was puttimg something up this weekend. But there is a contest coming.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 235
Mission146
September 3rd, 2022 at 3:12:30 AM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Where's Mission?

He seems to have gone Witness Protection Program and I hope all is well with him.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Mission146
September 4th, 2022 at 5:06:45 AM permalink
Quote: PlayYourCardsRight

I messaged Mission last week, and he said he was puttimg something up this weekend. But there is a contest coming.
link to original post

Time is becoming critical for an NFL Picks contest -at least one that includes the first week of the regular season. This is the last day of 'this weekend,' let's hope that Mission does what he says he will.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Mission146
September 4th, 2022 at 5:06:49 AM permalink
Quote: PlayYourCardsRight

link to original post

Time is becoming critical for an NFL Picks contest -at least one that includes the first week of the regular season. This is the last day of 'this weekend,' let's hope that Mission does what he says he will.
GenWyzgy
GenWyzgy
  • Threads: 3
Mission146
September 7th, 2022 at 3:26:08 PM permalink
Darn! I just remembered about this contest and thought maybe I could sneak in at the last minute.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 235
Mission146
September 8th, 2022 at 2:49:25 AM permalink
Quote: seo2griar

Time is becoming critical for an NFL Picks contest
link to original post

Nobody has stepped up so there will probably not be one. Personally I do not have the time so count me out for running it.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Mission146
Mission146 
  • Threads: 134
September 8th, 2022 at 5:41:53 AM permalink
Hey, I'll have the thread up and PM's for Picks out to people within the next few minutes. This can be the unofficial thread for the game. I'll also post the Lines and PM seogriar2 and everyone who played last year.

I haven't determined what the prizes will be for this season, but they'll be at least the same as last season.

Finally, I'm going to change the rules of the Perfection Bonus such that it will be paid out directly at the end of the season, or maybe even by Amazon Gift Card during the season. Offsetting Entry Fee to the winner is too much of a PITA. Also, for that reason, I'm going to pay Second Place, Third Place, "Most Average," and "You Suck," directly this year and those people will still have to arrange to pay their Entry Fee to the winner at the end of it.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146 
  • Threads: 134
September 8th, 2022 at 6:01:19 AM permalink
All told, the prizes I'm contributing are as much as $800, so I feel like that's probably fine, what with Perfection Bonus and all.

The one thing that I am going to do is that I am paying Second and Third Place MORE and First Place less as First Place gets the Entry Fees anyway.

With that, everything else will be the same, (except winners of minor prizes will still have to pay the winner directly as far as Entry Fee goes) except the Top Three prize structure will be thus:

First Place: $250 (This person will also win all Entry Fees)
Second Place: $150
Third Place: $100
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219

• Jump to: