Thread Rating:

moses
moses
Joined: Sep 23, 2013
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 659
November 26th, 2021 at 4:46:12 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Maybe do away with conferences.
link to original post



Let everyone make their own schedule. Teams with 0 or 1 loss start an elimination tourney after 9 games.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 9469
Thanks for this post from:
moses
November 27th, 2021 at 3:55:34 AM permalink
Quote: billryan



Other than expanding the playoffs, how would you go about choosing the four best teams?


link to original post



Simple, let the Vegas Oddsmakers determine the four teams with the best chance to win. They are more experts than the committee.
Order from chaos
moses
moses
Joined: Sep 23, 2013
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 659
November 27th, 2021 at 12:39:39 PM permalink
7 teams remain in the conversation.

Georgia in.

Michigan and Alabama win and in.

Oklahoma and Oklahome St. Win 2 and hope.

Cincy and Notre Dame win and help.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 3230
November 27th, 2021 at 12:42:58 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: billryan



Other than expanding the playoffs, how would you go about choosing the four best teams?


link to original post



Simple, let the Vegas Oddsmakers determine the four teams with the best chance to win. They are more experts than the committee.
link to original post



This means Circa, a couple grey area offshores and the bettors that bet the lines into place right? Cuz the rest of Vegas “oddsmakers” are mostly glorified copy and paste artists the way I understand it.

5-6 Florida St. vs 5-6 Florida today. They sure ain’t what they used to be in the Bowden vs Spurrier days.
Last edited by: mcallister3200 on Nov 27, 2021
moses
moses
Joined: Sep 23, 2013
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 659
November 27th, 2021 at 2:35:12 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Quote: DRich

Quote: billryan



Other than expanding the playoffs, how would you go about choosing the four best teams?


link to original post



Simple, let the Vegas Oddsmakers determine the four teams with the best chance to win. They are more experts than the committee.
link to original post



This means Circa, a couple grey area offshores and the bettors that bet the lines into place right? Cuz the rest of Vegas “oddsmakers” are mostly glorified copy and paste artists the way I understand it.

5-6 Florida St. vs 5-6 Florida today. They sure ain’t what they used to be in the Bowden vs Spurrier days.
link to original post



Florida goes bowling. Florida State stays home.
billryan
billryan 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 220
  • Posts: 13908
November 27th, 2021 at 3:45:05 PM permalink
THE Ohio State got its butt handed to them, opening the door for the Fighting Irish to make the playoffs.

One of the kickers in the Fla-Fla St game just wiffed on an onside kick. I'd never seen that before.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 9336
November 27th, 2021 at 4:14:03 PM permalink
Mel Tucker, MSU coach is now signed for the next 10 years for a measly $95 million. Considering James Franklin leading PSU to 7-5 record got him over $100 million I guess Tucker was a bargain.
moses
moses
Joined: Sep 23, 2013
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 659
November 27th, 2021 at 8:32:09 PM permalink
Quote: moses

7 teams remain in the conversation.

Georgia in.

Michigan and Alabama win and in.

Oklahoma and Oklahome St. Win 2 and hope.

Cincy and Notre Dame win and help.
link to original post



Now 6.

Georgia in.

Michigan and Alabama win and in.

Cincy and Oklahoma St. Win and hope.

Notre Dame. Hope
moses
moses
Joined: Sep 23, 2013
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 659
November 27th, 2021 at 8:32:14 PM permalink
Quote: moses

7 teams remain in the conversation.

Georgia in.

Michigan and Alabama win and in.

Oklahoma and Oklahome St. Win 2 and hope.

Cincy and Notre Dame win and help.
link to original post



Now 6.

Georgia in.

Michigan and Alabama win and in.

Cincy and Oklahoma St. Win and hope.

Notre Dame. Hope

  • Jump to: