redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
September 6th, 2021 at 4:48:03 PM permalink
Not sure if they have corrected errors in the last few hours, but as of this morning, Covers.com had made a couple of serious errors in their statistical summaries of college games previously played. Most noticeable were errors regarding quarterback stats and interceptions. This morning, I reviewed just eight or nine games on their site, and two had blatant mistakes.

Hopefully, they correct them quickly and it doesn't happen again, but for now, I would cross-reference all college QB stats (at the least) with other sources.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
September 7th, 2021 at 2:58:34 PM permalink
Still not completely corrected. Some games have internally inconsistent stats, with interceptions listed under team stats not matching individual stats. I tried to figure out the errors. They appear to be, mostly, a conflation of TD passes and interceptions. Kind of a big deal when memorizing game stats.

So double check at least the QB stats with other sites. One example of internal QB stat error is UCDavis vs. Tulsa. I hope they correct this stuff eventually.

I blame it on people being too enamored of fantasy stats and making auto errors without thinking. They see 14-28-1 for a QB and code it as 14 of 28 with a TD. Wrong.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
  • Jump to: