Thread Rating:

redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 48
September 15th, 2021 at 8:48:29 AM permalink
Again, you're mislabeling what I said. My raison d'etre is getting the best number as often as possible.

What you originally said was that there are +150/-140 opportunities if you shop a couple of hours on Saturday. I'm telling you that there almost none you can practicably bet in real time. That's a myth.

I have no idea what you mean in the above statement by "profitable numbers." You mean "slow numbers?" Prior to Covid, slow numbers had little if any correlation with profitable numbers outside of college sports.

As far as limitations and actual public results go, as opposed to the armchair expert stuff, I have 30 years of two games a week during 30 football seasons as a matter of public record during the Wise Guys Contest. If anyone wants to ascertain if I know what I'm doing, I suggest you dial up Playbook, the contest sponsors, and ask "Does Bob Dietz know what he's doing?"

Back in the 80's and 90's, my handicapping was a matter of public record in the McCusker Report, an annual publication out of Las Vegas. And my usual name-dropping -- I did work with Billy Walters 20 years ago. I suspect one doesn't get recruited to work with Billy Walters if one has severe "limitations."
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 192
Thanks for this post from:
unJon
September 15th, 2021 at 8:59:18 AM permalink
Does this silly pissing contest have an endpoint? You both are clearly very good at what you do and have very different approaches.
There is more than one way to skin a cat.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 15
September 15th, 2021 at 5:01:15 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

What you originally said was that there are +150/-140 opportunities if you shop a couple of hours on Saturday. I'm telling you that there almost none you can practicably bet in real time. That's a myth.

I know exactly what you are telling me and I know it is wrong. I'll send you some screen shots from just the past few days, which are midweek days, without any basketball (and only one good one on the MNF game).

Obviously don't care to make it public, and obviously only going to be stuff I would never care about losing. It may small limits and not huge volume. But at 5% edge or better, it can definitely be $50 to $100 per day on the slow days, with plenty of days where the value is a lot more. So at worst it's like $18 to $36k per year just on those type of bets. Then do a lot more bets with 1% edges. Then lots of other stuff, too (like the different ways to find value on parlays).

• Jump to: