redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
June 26th, 2021 at 12:59:25 PM permalink
Well, this was entertaining. I plugged in a free home run entry in the Fanduel contest yesterday. The rules are you use three players, and if in total they hit three home runs or more that day, you split 10K with everyone who has players with three or more total home runs. It doesn't matter if your three players hit four or five or more home runs -- every Fanduel entrant with three or more home runs splits the 10K evenly.

It's pretty hard to do this...usually.

So after yesterday's early games, I have two home runs with two players. I need one more. Even if 100 people wind up with three home runs, that's a free hundred bucks.

My last guy is Tatis, who declared earlier in the day that he would not be in the Home Run Derby because his shoulder is all messed up. Sounds like a good reason to not have him, but I had him.

He gets his first at bat and -- bingo -- he hits a home run. I'm in; I'm going to win something. Then he goes to bat a second time and...uh oh, he hits another home run. I'm thinking, "That's not good." Then he gets up to bat a third time, and...he hits a third home run.

LOL. Brutal. So anyone who used him wins a piece of the 10K. Didn't matter who else you had; you won.

I get the summary the next morning.

I won 42 cents.

I love these kinds of anomalous events. Keeps you wondering what's next.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
  • Jump to: