redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 24
Thanks for this post from:
Taxreform
November 5th, 2020 at 7:07:12 AM permalink
Well, the Clemson QB went from Heisman favorite to third choice, all because he got Covid. Some teams are still refusing to report how many and who have covid before kickoff. And here's one that could well work in my favor. I took NWestern at 200-1 to win the Big 10. Now they have no chance against Ohio State or anyone else in the other division, but I could make a case that they can beat anybody in their division except Wisconsin. So now Wisconsin has to cancel a second game, and if they lose another one to covid, they are ineligible for the title. That would put NWestern in the driver's seat in that division. LOL. What a mess, but at 200-1, if NWestern can have their division come down to one outcome, I make decent money.

Just a complete mess. I took a mega-longshot to win the National Title. Let's see if anybody can guess -- they were 100-1, and I think they are 50/50 to go undefeated in the regular season.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
November 5th, 2020 at 7:26:56 AM permalink
Quote: redietz

Well, the Clemson QB went from Heisman favorite to third choice, all because he got Covid. Some teams are still refusing to report how many and who have covid before kickoff. And here's one that could well work in my favor. I took NWestern at 200-1 to win the Big 10. Now they have no chance against Ohio State or anyone else in the other division, but I could make a case that they can beat anybody in their division except Wisconsin. So now Wisconsin has to cancel a second game, and if they lose another one to covid, they are ineligible for the title. That would put NWestern in the driver's seat in that division. LOL. What a mess, but at 200-1, if NWestern can have their division come down to one outcome, I make decent money.

Just a complete mess. I took a mega-longshot to win the National Title. Let's see if anybody can guess -- they were 100-1, and I think they are 50/50 to go undefeated in the regular season.

Cincinnati?
redietz
redietz
November 5th, 2020 at 9:49:37 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Cincinnati?

No, but I wish I had them. Well, maybe not. The NCAA doesn't like writing checks to non-"Power Five" folks. Cincinnati is great, and they figured to be great.

Cincinnati is actually my classic kind of team to take, to be honest, and then they get royally screwed when it comes time to divvy out the playoff spots/checks.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
November 5th, 2020 at 2:17:22 PM permalink

No, but I wish I had them. Well, maybe not. The NCAA doesn't like writing checks to non-"Power Five" folks. Cincinnati is great, and they figured to be great.

Cincinnati is actually my classic kind of team to take, to be honest, and then they get royally screwed when it comes time to divvy out the playoff spots/checks.

Unusual year of course. I can easily see Cincy as 4th team after Bama, Clemson, and OSU. Since no out of conference games it is not as clear that Cincy’s conference pales in comparison to SEC. I think OKLAHOMA conference gets zero. And only if undefeated does PAC 12 team have a chance.

I am no fan of Cincy. I remember when they had an entire decade without a single scholarship basketball player graduating.

Can you bet on them making the championship 4? Get 5-1 odds or so?
redietz
redietz
November 5th, 2020 at 9:19:22 PM permalink
I saw Cincinnati at 50-1 to win the whole enchilada. Same as BYU. Those two teams are nasty and to be commended. If I were 25 years old, I would be on them. Now that I know the ways of the world, I tend to not take wonderful teams that get hosed when "experts" decide who gets checks.
redietz
redietz
November 21st, 2020 at 7:01:50 PM permalink

Since folks are betting each other about who can win at what in other threads, I thought I'd bump this post.

How 'Bout Them Wildcats?!?

• Jump to: