GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanks for this post from:
AyecarumbaRomesunJonMission146scolistbeachbumbabsEdCollinsprozemaIndyJeffrey
December 23rd, 2019 at 9:08:39 PM permalink
I wanted to get an early start on this in hopes to get a bunch of people. I talked to Mission a little while ago to let him know I was going to fund this game with our picks game that we had. We will have $600 in the prize poll which will be explained below. Since we have a pretty large prize fund I am going to add a few different prizes instead of it all going to the top. I will be playing for the prize money as well. The rules are posted below which are the same as they were in the past. I am posting the below as if Mission is running but if he prefers not to then I can take the lead.

The Rules are as follows:

How to Play:

1.) Anyone that joined WOV prior to Aug 2019 is welcome to play. There is no guarantee for reminders at any point. To play, simply PM your Picks to Mission before the deadline. If you were not in the regular season game you are only eligible to receive 25% of the payouts and the remaining money will be returned to our pool for next year.

2.) The entry fee is $0.00

3.) The prize fund is $600 and split in the following manor.
a.) 1st Place gets $200
b.) 2nd Place gets $100
c.) You suck prize for the person with the fewest amount of points is $100
d.) Mr Average for the closest to 50% will get $100
e.) Props game for the Superbowl will have an award of $100

4.) The you suck and mr average prizes are only eligible to people that made all qualifying picks. If you make any invalid picks you are disqualified from this prize

5.) Side bets are permitted, of course, but I will in no way be Administrating or acting as an intermediary for any side bets.

Making Picks:

1.) The Lines for each week will be posted Wednesday/Thursday before the weekend of the games being played. For each game, there shall be a Point Spread and an Over/Under, every player MUST make picks for the Point Spreads and Over/Unders of every game, there are no Confidence Picks.

2.) The winner will be determined by whoever scores the most points, how points are scored is as follows:

Wild Card + Divisional Playoffs: 1 Point for Every Correct Pick (8 Points Per Week)

Conference Championships: 2 Points for Every Correct Pick (8 Possible Points)

Super Bowl: 4 Points for Every Correct Pick (8 Points Possible)

Furthermore, for the Super Bowl, there will be ten questions based on Props that will be worth one point each. Thus, a perfect score will be 42 Points.

3.) Tie-Breaker

-When making your first set of Picks, you must send me your prediction for the Super Bowl Match-Up, final score, and winner of the game. In the event that either or both teams do not make it to the Super Bowl, if that is the case for both players, it will come down to how many total points those teams scored in the playoffs.

-If there is a tie for the, 'You Suck,' prize, then it will be adjudicated by sucking the worst, which means having your two Super Bowl selections score the fewest total points in the Playoffs.

Making Picks

1.) Lines will be posted each Wednesday/Thursday before the games, Picks must be made BEFORE 10:00a.m. EST on the Saturday of the games. Reminders will be sent when the Lines are posted.

2.) For the final two weeks of the Playoffs, games are only played on Sunday. Therefore, Picks will be due by 10:00a.m. EST on that Sunday.

2.) Please Format your Picks the following way:

A.) No Line Breaks

B.) For Spread picks, simply put the team nickname and the spread. (Ex: Bengals +5)

C.) For Over/Unders, simply put the team nickname for EITHER team, and the Over or Under amount. (Ex: Bengals OVER 25)

So, a full set of picks might appear:

Patriots -15
Patriots OVER 52
Jaguars +12
Jaguars UNDER 42

D.) The rules are very clear. If you fail to provide invalid picks then you will not receive points for the invalid pick. If you submit an invalid pick you will still be eligible for the first place prize but you will be ineligible for the you suck or the mr average prizes. If you fail to provide a tie breaker on your first weeks picks and you are in a tie you will automatically lose on the tie breaker.

Hopefully everyone has fun with this game, good luck to all!
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 295
Mission146
December 24th, 2019 at 4:12:21 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I was going to fund this game with our picks game that we had.

Quote: that picks game you are talking about (I think)

Top Three Paid as Follows:

First Place: ($25 * Number of Players) - $125
Second Place: $100
Third Place: $25

I can really be dense sometimes but I don't see how the picks game can fund your game. Maybe you mean the side betting? Those had a rake? [I paid no attention]
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
Mission146odiousgambit
December 24th, 2019 at 7:00:40 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I can really be dense sometimes but I don't see how the picks game can fund your game. Maybe you mean the side betting? Those had a rake? [I paid no attention]

GWAE ran a side game from his personal BR, betting our collective picks the first 16 weeks of the season, units based on how lopsided the group was. It did really well, +$1300 or so, and he's very kindly putting $600 from that into funding a free playoff contest, rules in this thread.

This thread. It's a pretty fun read.

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/sports/33614-spring-fling-wov-picks-game-free-roll/
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 122
GWAE
December 24th, 2019 at 7:01:36 AM permalink
Thanks GWAE! I definitely appreciate you sponsoring it this go round! I'm glad that our consensus picks performed so well this year, I would dare to say better than anyone could have possibly imagined.

Quote:

I will be playing for the prize money as well. The rules are posted below which are the same as they were in the past. I am posting the below as if Mission is running but if he prefers not to then I can take the lead.

I'll be happy to run the playoff game this year, thanks for asking! Honestly, I like the format/rules of this game even better than the regular WoV Picks Game, but it would be a pain to do for an entire NFL Season and there would be no natural way to weight the points.

Quote:

1.) Anyone that joined WOV prior to Aug 2019 is welcome to play. There is no guarantee for reminders at any point. To play, simply PM your Picks to Mission before the deadline. If you were not in the regular season game you are only eligible to receive 25% of the payouts and the remaining money will be returned to our pool for next year.

The only reminders that I will guarantee is that I guarantee anyone who participated in the regular WoV Picks Game this year will receive reminders for WildCard week. This is easy enough to do as I just send those as soon as I post the lines. I do not guarantee any reminders beyond that and there probably will not be any reminders beyond that. Anyone who participates in this thread and states that they wish to play the playoff game will likely also receive a WildCard reminder (even if not in the regular game).

Quote:

3.) Tie-Breaker

-When making your first set of Picks, you must send me your prediction for the Super Bowl Match-Up, final score, and winner of the game. In the event that either or both teams do not make it to the Super Bowl, if that is the case for both players, it will come down to how many total points those teams scored in the playoffs.

I encourage everyone to make the tiebreaker pick this year and will likely say so in the PM. I can't remember if it actually happened or not, but one year, we had either a tie (or a near tie) in which NEITHER player made the Super Bowl pick. If either player had done that and the other one not, it would have been an automatic win for the player who did, even if both teams had got knocked out of the WildCard game and had scored zero points. Remember, we should have a good few players and only 42 points are possible, so there is a very realistic chance this game comes down to the tiebreaker.

Quote:

1.) Lines will be posted each Wednesday/Thursday before the games, Picks must be made BEFORE 10:00a.m. EST on the Saturday of the games. Reminders will be sent when the Lines are posted.

Reminders will be sent for the WildCard week when the lines are posted, beyond that, reminders may or may not be sent. Don't count on them. You can always set a reminder on your phone.
Vultures can't be choosers.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 295
Mission146
January 2nd, 2020 at 11:13:19 AM permalink
I'm going to have to send my picks, just the teams without indicating the point spread, unless the lines are posted soon. This was OK in the regular picks game so I assume ok here

we still send them to Mission?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
GWAE
GWAE
Mission146
January 2nd, 2020 at 11:15:41 AM permalink
Playoff week 1, taken from https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/ Mission hasnt posted them yet so I am putting them in.

Bills (+2.5) @ Texans (-2.5) O/U 44
Titans (+5) @ Patriots (-5) O/U 44.5
Vikings (+7.5) @ Saints (-7.5) O/U 49.5
Seahawks (-1.5) @ Eagles (+1.5) O/U 45.5

Don't forget to send in your superbowl pick with winner of game and score. If you do not send it in with your first picks you will not have a tie breaker and will lose a tie to someone that has a tie breaker sent it.

Picks will be due 10am eastern time on Saturday.

Picks should be sent to Mission just like the regular season.
Last edited by: GWAE on Jan 2, 2020
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 12
Mission146
January 2nd, 2020 at 1:05:49 PM permalink
No. you should use the current consensus line. Not the stale opening line.
Last edited by: unJon on Jan 2, 2020
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
GWAE
GWAE
Mission146
January 2nd, 2020 at 1:20:49 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

No. you should use the current consensus line. Not the stale opening line.

Can you edit your post to remove those lines.

Correct lines are updated in 2 minutes. Anyone that submitted picks needs to resubmit. Mission. Can you let us know if anyone submitted a pick between my pick and right now? They will need to pick another.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
Mission146
January 2nd, 2020 at 1:23:59 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Can you edit your post to remove those lines.

Correct lines are updated in 2 minutes. Anyone that submitted picks needs to resubmit. Mission. Can you let us know if anyone submitted a pick between my pick and right now? They will need to pick another.

I sent my picks to mission using the lines you had posted before. Should I assume those picks are not valid ?
GWAE
GWAE
Mission146
January 2nd, 2020 at 1:27:54 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

I sent my picks to mission using the lines you had posted before. Should I assume those picks are not valid ?

yes it was my error Everyone always talks about stale lines. I thought they always used the opening lines.

Anyone that submitted will need to resubmit.

I know we had something like this happen during the regular season and mission used the posted lines. In this case no one has their money at stake so I am making the ruling that anything submitted with the old lines will need resubmitted. If someone does resubmit their picks will be the ones submitted but with the updated lines. If anyone has a problem with the ruling I will refund their buy in for the playoff picks game.

Sorry for the error. I just turned 40... brain must be going downhill.

• Jump to: