Thread Rating:

EdCollins
EdCollins
Joined: Oct 21, 2011
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 1428
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
December 30th, 2019 at 5:50:21 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Shouldnt we designate who is going to be paying who prior to starting to actually send money. ?

Yea, probably.

Most everyone, other than a select four, will be paying the winner so there's no reason at all that some of us can't start paying him immediately. I, for one, don't like owing others money and I don't like it when others owe me money. Thus, I paid my dues already.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 313
  • Posts: 8711
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
December 31st, 2019 at 3:24:03 AM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Final Standings

I tried to warn you guys I had this! Now I have to brace myself for the medicine Mission hands out for 'you suck' winners, he can barely contain himself I think. In case you were wondering why he does this, the joy he takes in it explains a lot.
Quote: official thread

Consolation Prizes:

The first consolation prize will be the, "You suck," consolation prize. ...
The second consolation prize will be the, "Most Average," consolation prize ...

Each of these prizes pays $75 as follows:

-I pay your $25 Entry Fee to the winner on your behalf.
-I pay you $50.

So Prozema and I will not send money.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
prozema
prozema
Joined: Oct 24, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1194
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
December 31st, 2019 at 6:05:47 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Quote: EdCollins

Final Standings

I tried to warn you guys I had this! Now I have to brace myself for the medicine Mission hands out for 'you suck' winners, he can barely contain himself I think. In case you were wondering why he does this, the joy he takes in it explains a lot.
Quote: official thread

Consolation Prizes:

The first consolation prize will be the, "You suck," consolation prize. ...
The second consolation prize will be the, "Most Average," consolation prize ...

Each of these prizes pays $75 as follows:

-I pay your $25 Entry Fee to the winner on your behalf.
-I pay you $50.

So Prozema and I will not send money.



Oh, I won $$?!?
I thought I just got a free roll for finishing most average.
Hello new tax bracket!
:-)
Last edited by: prozema on Dec 31, 2019
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14232
Thanks for this post from:
EdCollinsAyecarumbagordonm888Mission146
December 31st, 2019 at 6:55:39 AM permalink
So.

Winner of the 6.0 prize: Genwyzgy (2 weeks perfection, only player to do so). Gets the prize Johnzimbo did not select. This is because the 6.0 prize also included cash from a separate add-on contest.

Winner of the 0.6 prize: Johnzimbo. ( went a remarkable 3 0-6 weeks, no one else had more than 1). Gets his choice of either the BB-8 jacket or the Star Trek Bluetooth speaker.

Winner of the Pi in the face: none. Nobody went even 2:1. Instead, I am awarding the Schroedinger's Cats mugs to Mission146 and EdCollins (one each) as a thank you for running the game.

Each of you please send a mailing address via PM so I can mail your prizes.

Settling up.

I have leftover money from Johnzimbo and Gordonm888 from last year. So I owe $75 to someone, and theirs are paid from me. When you guys have confirmed who has paid whom til now, I will send to miplet or Joeman as needed via Paypal, (preferred) or Amazon GC (if needed).
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Paradigm
Paradigm
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2226
Thanks for this post from:
EdCollinsMission146
December 31st, 2019 at 7:08:17 AM permalink
Please let me know where to send $$ & how much...got busy this year and bowed out of playing, but still means I owe someone. Headed out of town tmrw, so would like to take care of this before I leave.
Joeman
Joeman
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2022
Thanks for this post from:
EdCollinsMission146
December 31st, 2019 at 8:07:17 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Settling up.

I have leftover money from Johnzimbo and Gordonm888 from last year. So I owe $75 to someone, and theirs are paid from me. When you guys have confirmed who has paid whom til now, I will send to miplet or Joeman as needed via Paypal, (preferred) or Amazon GC (if needed).

I know Mission said he would set up a payout thread. Not to step on his toes, but if you have $75 Babs, you could send it to Miplet, then everyone else could send their entry fee to me.

If everyone is cool with that, here is a summary of the arrangements:

Joeman: 1st place -- No fee paid, +$650
Miplet: 2nd place -- No fee paid, +$75 (from Babs)
JW17: 3rd place -- No fee paid
prozema: "Mr. Average" -- Fee to be paid by Mission, +$50 (from Mission)
OG: "You suck" -- Fee to be paid by Mission, +$50 (from Mission)
Babs -- 3x Fee ($75) to be paid to miplet
Johnzimbo -- Fee paid by Babs
Gordonm888 -- Fee paid by Babs

Also, scolist and EdCollins have already paid me.

As for everyone else, I would prefer Paypal. Does that work for everyone?

Question for those who know more about such things than me: Is it safe to post my Paypal email address on a Forum thread, or is it best if I PM it to everybody?

Also, I'd appreciate it if people could please review my 'arrangements' above and let me know if there is something wrong.

Paradigm: Sent you a PM.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
EdCollins
EdCollins
Joined: Oct 21, 2011
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 1428
Thanks for this post from:
JoemanMission146
December 31st, 2019 at 8:17:18 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

Question for those who know more about such things than me: Is it safe to post my Paypal email address on a Forum thread, or is it best if I PM it to everybody?

I have a website where I accept payments for an Excel workbook I created and not only do I post my PayPal address there, I also post my Venmo address and my CashApp address. I've never had a problem and my addresses have been posted online for years.

Now, I'm not about to suggest you post yours here, but only to give you at least a little bit of reassurance that others have posted their addresses online without incident. (And a forum like this has to be less visited than a website.)

If your PayPal password is not something someone could guess, I'd like to think you should be okay.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
December 31st, 2019 at 11:15:50 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I know Mission said he would set up a payout thread. Not to step on his toes, but if you have $75 Babs, you could send it to Miplet, then everyone else could send their entry fee to me.

If everyone is cool with that, here is a summary of the arrangements:

Joeman: 1st place -- No fee paid, +$650
Miplet: 2nd place -- No fee paid, +$75 (from Babs)
JW17: 3rd place -- No fee paid
prozema: "Mr. Average" -- Fee to be paid by Mission, +$50 (from Mission)
OG: "You suck" -- Fee to be paid by Mission, +$50 (from Mission)
Babs -- 3x Fee ($75) to be paid to miplet
Johnzimbo -- Fee paid by Babs
Gordonm888 -- Fee paid by Babs

Also, scolist and EdCollins have already paid me.

As for everyone else, I would prefer Paypal. Does that work for everyone?

Question for those who know more about such things than me: Is it safe to post my Paypal email address on a Forum thread, or is it best if I PM it to everybody?

Also, I'd appreciate it if people could please review my 'arrangements' above and let me know if there is something wrong.

Paradigm: Sent you a PM.



I won the ONM early/late enduro, but will be splitting it with Mission. ONM, please either wait for instructions from Mission, or send the prize to him for division and distribution. Thanks!

Also, thanks to everyone who pitched in side games. This was the most interesting year yet. Congratulations to all the winners!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
Joined: Sep 29, 2010
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 989
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
December 31st, 2019 at 12:03:17 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Winner of the 0.6 prize: Johnzimbo. ( went a remarkable 3 0-6 weeks, no one else had more than 1). Gets his choice of either the BB-8 jacket or the Star Trek Bluetooth speaker.



Wow, cool I forgot about this. Will take the jacket even though I do not what BB-8 is or what size it is...but I have enough Bluetooth speakers :). Though if my brother was still alive I would take the speaker as he was a Trekkie. Will PM you and TYTY
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 113
  • Posts: 8461
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
December 31st, 2019 at 12:09:14 PM permalink
Wasn't there also a "Golden Ratio" prize?

  • Jump to: