Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 120
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
August 29th, 2019 at 5:40:58 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I don't understand this sentence.

Default Picks are limited to selecting sixteen NFL Teams and your picks will automatically be those teams in the order listed GAME TOTAL-OVER picks.

Can you be a bit more detailed, perhaps with an example, please?

Even including bye weeks and Thursday/Saturday games, if you provide a list of sixteen different teams, at least five of those teams will be playing a team other than each other. Starting from the top of your list, the default picks will be each team taking the OVER on total points scored. If two of those teams are playing one another, the second one listed will be skipped.

For example, if your list went:

Steelers
Patriots
Rams
Colts
Chargers
Falcons
Titans
Bills
Dolphins
Eagles
49ers
Seahawks
Steelers
Browns
Bengals
Lions

You would be taking:

Steelers-OVER
Rams-OVER
Colts-OVER
Falcons-OVER
Titans-OVER

As your Week 1 picks.
Vultures can't be choosers.
IndyJeffrey
IndyJeffrey
  • Threads: 7
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 6:14:46 PM permalink
The winner has the highest winning percentage, assuming s/he missed no more than two weeks. Agree?

Are we required to pick six every week we enter? Can I still pick only four or five if I so choose? Understand I will be ineligible for the perfection prize of the week.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 92
Mission146
August 29th, 2019 at 6:55:20 PM permalink
Quote: IndyJeffrey

The winner has the highest winning percentage, assuming s/he missed no more than two weeks. Agree?

Are we required to pick six every week we enter? Can I still pick only four or five if I so choose? Understand I will be ineligible for the perfection prize of the week.

Guess I should let mission reply but...

You MUST pick 5 every week. You get to 6 by having a confidence pick which counts as 2. You do not have a confidence pick but you must always have 5 picks
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 120
August 29th, 2019 at 7:29:42 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Guess I should let mission reply but...

You MUST pick 5 every week. You get to 6 by having a confidence pick which counts as 2. You do not have a confidence pick but you must always have 5 picks

That’s right! Also to the first part of IndyJeffrey’s question, the highest winning percentage is the winner no matter what, it’s just all missed weeks after the first one are 0-5 weeks.
Vultures can't be choosers.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 292
Mission146
August 30th, 2019 at 5:56:47 AM permalink
Here I am - you can breathe easy now [unless you were going for the "you suck" honors* right from the beginning]

1. terapined
2. Ayecarumba
3. Paradigm
4. Bruce 1
5. mwalz9
6. unJon
7. michael9900
8. JohnnyQ
9. Onenicklemiracle
10. SOOPOO
11. GenWyzgy
12. prozema
13. Gordonm888
14. rdw4potus
15. miplet
16. GWAE
17. Johnzimbo
18. scolist
19. IndyJeffrey
20. Joeman
21. kuma
22. djatc
23. MidwestAP
24. Odiousgambit

*I haven't read the rules yet. Maybe there is no prize, but somebody will suck the most anyway
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 193
Mission146
August 30th, 2019 at 2:27:20 PM permalink
I'm adding money if Axelwolf plays. It's a separate category requiring a late entry each week. Have another if Prozema plays, and he is. That's going to be early entry. I defend both regardless of when I submit my picks. Full details will be available soon.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 232
Mission146
August 30th, 2019 at 2:41:30 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I'm going to award 2 geek prizes. Most 6-0 or 5-0 weeks, and most 0-5 or 0-6 weeks, regardless of how you finish percentage-wise. I have 3 prizes to offer, so if someone thinks of a fun or unusual competition stat before week 1, let me know.

Thanks for the side games BBB! How about:

Wins/Losses closest to pi

Largest number among those with Wins-Losses = Prime

"Man out of Mac": Losing team with the exact mirror record of the contest winner. Only awarded if it is an exact mirror and not tied by another team (e.g., if the winner of the contest ends up with has a 60-29 record, the M.O.O.M award goes to the team that finishes 29-60... but only if they are the only one with that record).
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
Mission146
August 30th, 2019 at 3:03:02 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Thanks for the side games BBB! How about:

Wins/Losses closest to pi

Largest number among those with Wins-Losses = Prime

"Man out of Mac": Losing team with the exact mirror record of the contest winner. Only awarded if it is an exact mirror and not tied by another team (e.g., if the winner of the contest ends up with has a 60-29 record, the M.O.O.M award goes to the team that finishes 29-60... but only if they are the only one with that record).

Boy, I like both of pi and Man out of Mac, especially the latter! I might have to look and see if I don't have a 4th geek prize.

The ones I have at the moment are:

BB-8 warm up jacket.
2 Schrodinger's Cat mugs.
NCC-1701 wireless WiFi repeater speaker.

All new and unused in packages.

Those Charles Atlas ads were in the back of all our comic books when I was a kid. And people behaved like that, too. I always wondered whether it was a chicken-and-egg thing. As in, whether he caused bullies to act like that with those ads, or whether he was observing how people were and pitching his sales to the victims.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 193
odiousgambitMission146
August 30th, 2019 at 8:36:41 PM permalink
I'm just going to enter:

Miami.

Will I win this way? I read on the internet somewhere where a transvestite won many contests this way just by picking MIami. AP move.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
Sparty10k
Sparty10k
  • Threads: 0
Mission146
August 30th, 2019 at 8:47:08 PM permalink
1. terapined
2. Ayecarumba
3. Paradigm
4. Bruce 1
5. mwalz9