Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
Mission146
October 5th, 2019 at 11:07:18 AM permalink
I do have to admit I'm a little scared of the Browns, just because I thought Baltimore was better than they played against the Browns. 49ers coming off a bye week, wait and see. I'd really like the NFL to have a game 7 days a week, can't stand waiting.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 1:13:12 AM permalink
Gwae sucks because i broke in to his house and stole and replaced the toy cars and stuff. Too bad wizard doesnt have his neg ex guarantee anymore, these tell all random. I even use them to find hot and horny women.

Mission uses a oujia board, i let him keep it because it's dank and craptain. It's only good to find a clean stall.

Can't mention the device Prozema uses, think I'd get suspended for saying. Think water balloons, reading tea leaves, and cheap prostitutes.
I am a robot.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
onenickelmiracleMission146
October 6th, 2019 at 3:45:51 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Gwae sucks because i broke in to his house and stole and replaced the toy cars and stuff. Too bad wizard doesnt have his neg ex guarantee anymore, these tell all random. I even use them to find hot and horny women.

Mission uses a oujia board, i let him keep it because it's dank and craptain. It's only good to find a clean stall.

Can't mention the device Prozema uses, think I'd get suspended for saying. Think water balloons, reading tea leaves, and cheap prostitutes.

why the hell did you bust down the door? It was freaking unlocked.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 4:43:35 AM permalink
I am a little disappointed that we are sticking with the incorrect line. Yes it was a mistake but it was one that was obvious that the lines were switched so it should have been an easy fix. As this is a friendly game it would really show someones true colors if they would get mad over a correction.

Yes I know we all have the opportunity to take the game so it is not necessarily unfair to anyone but the reason that I am disaapointed is because a lot of us like looking at overall records and this game will skew all of those results. You can not really just ignore it because if people were not picking this game then they would be picking other games so it could be a 2 game swing, plus many people will be using this as their confidence pick so it could be a 4 game swing.

I am not sure if I am going to play my side bets this week because of this. I am going to wait to see what the action is like. If we have 50 units on this skewed game then I think I am going to sit it out. We will have to see.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 6:38:39 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I am a little disappointed that we are sticking with the incorrect line. Yes it was a mistake but it was one that was obvious that the lines were switched so it should have been an easy fix. As this is a friendly game it would really show someones true colors if they would get mad over a correction.

Yes I know we all have the opportunity to take the game so it is not necessarily unfair to anyone but the reason that I am disaapointed is because a lot of us like looking at overall records and this game will skew all of those results. You can not really just ignore it because if people were not picking this game then they would be picking other games so it could be a 2 game swing, plus many people will be using this as their confidence pick so it could be a 4 game swing.

I am not sure if I am going to play my side bets this week because of this. I am going to wait to see what the action is like. If we have 50 units on this skewed game then I think I am going to sit it out. We will have to see.

Many of us didn't know or wouldn't know it's off. We just look at the list and make choices. Same as being at a book. Sometimes you know, sometimes you don't. It has to count, it's the official line.
I am a robot.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
Thanked by
JohnnyQ
October 6th, 2019 at 7:09:17 AM permalink

Im still confused. Naturally i took SF +4, what a bargain, almost got scared Jimmy G was hurt. This has to count, lines are lines, post them, they're final. If you dont read from the list, you should, these are the official lines to choose from. How can a pick be a pick, if it doesnt count as a pick in the end of year standings? Everyone has an opportunity to still take SF+4 right now. Changing mine to confidence right now.

OFFICIAL GAME STANDINGS: Counts completely.

SOOPOO was saying he likes to see how we do by the end of the year, I'm saying he could simply subtract the results of that game from the TOTAL record of ALL players combined, if he wants to.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
prozema
October 6th, 2019 at 7:11:41 AM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Excellent observations.

I didn't want to say anything, but I was kind of thinking that! I think it adds an interesting (though unintentional) wrinkle to the week. Is it too early to start gunning for last place? For $75, $25 of which goes to the winner anyway, probably...but if you're really in the basement right now...

Stay tuned and we shall see when the picks go up here in ten minutes!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 7:17:46 AM permalink

I suppose the first thing that happened is that a few people got their Picks in before this was identified, so it would be a bit of a hassle to them to do the following:

1.) Open their Picks before making my own, which only happens in the event of a click accident or mislabeled PM subject.

2.) Ask the to change their Picks in the first place.

3.) Finally, try to decide what to do if they do not change their Picks. Do they get to be the only ones who get to play an incorrect line? That's not fair. Does the Pick not count if unchanged? That's not fair, either. The only fair way is to keep the line.

Quote:

Again, for the purpose of anyone's personal observations, just exclude the results of that game. It obviously counts for game purposes. Just make the decision that you're going to exclude it before the result is known ahead of time, and all it becomes is a missing game from the record. It's not ideal, but nor is it a major thing.

Quote:

Just don't make any bets on that game. Otherwise, nothing is changed.
Mission146
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 7:21:43 AM permalink
FUTURE REFERENCE

Any Lines that are posted, unless edited within five minutes, shall be and remain the official lines and are pickable. I will do my best to do a better job double-checking before clicking that button from now on.

The only exception to the above statement is that missing Lines (sometimes it's not an error, injury-dependent, there may not be a line for a game on Thursday) may be added at a later time. Whether one wishes to wait for missing Lines, amend Picks, or pick based on Lines already existing is at their discretion.

Also, missing Lines will usually not be added if the Line doesn't come out until Saturday. Would usually only be Friday.
Mission146
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 7:38:38 AM permalink
Mission146:
Steelers +3
Saints -3
49ers +4-CONFIDENCE
Broncos +6
Cowboys -3

Ayecarumba:
Steelers +3
Bears -5
Texans -4
Packers Under 47
Browns -4 Confidence

Michael99000:
Ravens OVER 44.5
Bears UNDER 40
Cardinals UNDER 47
Jaguars OVER 40
Vikings UNDER 43.5 Confidence

IndyJeffrey:
Giants +5
Saints -3-confidence
Packers UNDER 47
Chiefs UNDER 56
49ers +4

Paradigm:
49ers +4-Confidence
Chargers -6
Bears -5
Cowboys -3
Cowboys Over 47

prozema:
Ravens -3
Buccaneers Under 46.5
Bills Over 38.5
Cowboys -3
49ers +4 Confidence

miplet:
Ravens -3
Bears -5
Vikings -5
Broncos +6
49ers +4-confidence

Wizard:
Raiders (+5)
Cardinals (+3)
Giants (+5)
Buccaneers (+3)
Cowboys (-3) confidence

Gordonm888:
Steelers +3
Eagles -13.5
Broncos +6
Packers +3
49ers +4 - Confidence

EdCollins:
49ers +4 Confidence
Saints -3
Patriots -15.5
Eagles -13.5
Cowboys -3

FourFiveFace:
Giants +5
Redskins +15.5
Titans -3
Broncos +6
49ers +4-Confidence

mwalz9:
RAVENS -3 CONFIDENCE
TITANS -3
SAINTS -3
FALCONS +4
PACKERS +3

Onenickelmiracle:
Cardinals U 47
Jaguars +3.5
Jaguars O 40
Giants (+5)
49ers (+4)-confidence

scolist:
Chicago Over 40
Arizona Under 47
Saints -3 Confidence
Dallas -3
49ers +4

JW17:
Broncos +6 Confidence
Saints -3
Packers +3
49ers +4
Titans -4

MidwestAP:
Bears -5
Patriots -15.5
Bills +3
Cowboys -3 - Confidence
Jaguars +3.5

JohnnyQ:
Bengals (-3)
Falcons U 50
Titans (-3)
Colts (+11)
49ers (+4) CONFIDENCE

DJATC:
Ravens -3
Ravens UNDER 44.5
Eagles -13.5
Buccaneers UNDER 46.5
49ers +4 - CONFIDENCE

SOOPOO:
49ers +4 Confidence
Giants +5
Colts +11
Raiders +5
Jets +13.5

RisingDough:
Ravens-3
Giants +5
Saints UNDER 46.5
Packers +3
49ers +4 CONFIDENCE

odiousgambit:
Browns (-4) CONFIDENCE
Bears (-5)
Vikings (-5)
Eagles (-13.5)
Steelers (+3)

Beachbumbabs:
Vikings -5 - confidence
Vikings OVER 43.5
Saints -3
Chiefs UNDER 56
Bills OVER 38.5

Johnzimbo:
Colts +11
Packers +3
Cardinals +3
Buccaneers +3
Browns -4 confidence

Bruce1:
Ravens (-3)
Bears (-5)
Buccaneers (+3)
Texans (-4) CONFIDENCE
49ers (+4)

Joeman:
49ers +4
Jaguars +3.5
Patriots -15.5 -Confidence
Saints -3
Colts +11

Sparty10k:
Cardinals +3
Saints -3
Cowboys -3
Colts over 56
49ers +4 confidence

GenWyzGy:
Giants +5
Saints -3
Cardinals OVER 47 CONFIDENCE
Ravens UNDER 44.5
Broncos UNDER 44.5

kuma:
Ravens -3
Steelers un 44.5
Vikings -5
Cowboys -3
49ers +4 -- confidence

GWAE:
Giants +5
Patriots -15.5
Eagles -13.5
Colts +11
Browns -4 confidence

unJon:
49ers +4-confidence
Colts +11
Bills +3
Giants +5
Chargers -6

PERFECTION BONUS WINNERS:

WEEK 2: DJATC ($6.67), Miplet ($6.67) JohnZimbo ($6.67)

WEEK 4 PERFECTION BONUS: $30

OneNickelMiracle-Prozema-Mission Trophy

Qualifying Sunday Picks: 3
Qualifying Early Picks: 4
Last edited by: Mission146 on Oct 6, 2019
Mission146
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 7:47:20 AM permalink
Greetings!

I'm about to check for missing players, but first I have a few observations:

I think the 49ers game is fascinating because I noticed a few things:

1.) GWAE & AyeCarumba clearly went for the Browns in a bold move for last place.

2.) Some players ignored the game, figuring they'll take a three game swing potentially. (The +2 Confidence 49ers AND whatever they picked instead.

3.) Some took 49ers, but no Confidence on it, seems like a partial hedge against those to throw the Confidence tag on it.

4.) I also think a few players went Browns Confidence in a bold move to actually improve in the standings if the Browns can pull that off!

A Side Game Next Year?

This mistake has actually made me think of an idea for next year, but I would probably need some help running it. We might introduce a separate game that may either be 100% contribution/donation or may have its own Entry Fee.

This second game would work the same exact way, with only one difference: Random.org would be used to generate a Line for the Away team of -6-to-+6 and a points total of 45-55 for Over/Unders. Obviously, the winning percentage needed in that game would be through the roof, but I think it could be fun. In fact, we might generate a separate +/- Line for each team in each game.

EDIT: Looks like Romes, RDW4POTUS and PlayYourCards Right, first checking for Picks then checking for defaults and will update accordingly.

EDIT EDIT: No defaults that I could find.
Last edited by: Mission146 on Oct 6, 2019
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 8:01:24 AM permalink
In this case with it being a game with a relatively low spread, -4, the game could still go either way. Those on SF could get burned on this shot they took , and they might not have taken SF if the line was accurate.

Makes me wonder what wouldve happened had it been for example , the Patriots -15.5 line that had been reversed.

Everyone would almost be compelled to take Pats +15.5 or else you’re falling a game behind those that did
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 8:01:40 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I suppose the first thing that happened is that a few people got their Picks in before this was identified, so it would be a bit of a hassle to them to do the following:

1.) Open their Picks before making my own, which only happens in the event of a click accident or mislabeled PM subject.

2.) Ask the to change their Picks in the first place.

3.) Finally, try to decide what to do if they do not change their Picks. Do they get to be the only ones who get to play an incorrect line? That's not fair. Does the Pick not count if unchanged? That's not fair, either. The only fair way is to keep the line.

Again, for the purpose of anyone's personal observations, just exclude the results of that game. It obviously counts for game purposes. Just make the decision that you're going to exclude it before the result is known ahead of time, and all it becomes is a missing game from the record. It's not ideal, but nor is it a major thing.

Just don't make any bets on that game. Otherwise, nothing is changed.

Mission-- First off. Please don't take any of my comments as complaining. I understand it is what it is. I was just simply expressing my opinion which is partially unbiased because of the bets that I am making. Having this one line messed up makes multiple picks affected because it will make people pick this game instead of another game. I obviously can not place a bet on this game so we are losing some bets.

However as far as this game goes. It makes some things interesting. I for 1 am going with the Browns. I was going to take the Browns +4 but now I am taking them at -4 just to be on the other side of a bunch of people. I will either gain some momentum and catch up a little or I will secure my spot at the bottom.

Your mentioning that you don't open the PMs makes sense as to why you can not change it as well. If there was 1 or 2 people getting them in I would think it is fair to PM then right away and say they need to change it but since you cant open them I guess there is no way to know who to pm.

As always I appreciate the effort in this game and will continue on with my overly impressive 30% pick rate.
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 8:03:30 AM permalink

Greetings!

A Side Game Next Year?

This mistake has actually made me think of an idea for next year, but I would probably need some help running it. We might introduce a separate game that may either be 100% contribution/donation or may have its own Entry Fee.

This second game would work the same exact way, with only one difference: Random.org would be used to generate a Line for the Away team of -6-to-+6 and a points total of 45-55 for Over/Unders. Obviously, the winning percentage needed in that game would be through the roof, but I think it could be fun. In fact, we might generate a separate +/- Line for each team in each game.

EDIT: Looks like Romes, RDW4POTUS and PlayYourCards Right, first checking for Picks then checking for defaults and will update accordingly.

could be fun. I would be in. I guess it would be like a teaser contest
Mission146
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 8:04:16 AM permalink
Quote: michael99000

In this case with it being a game with a relatively low spread, -4, the game could still go either way. Those on SF could get burned on this shot they took , and they might not have taken SF if the line was accurate.

Makes me wonder what wouldve happened had it been for example , the Patriots -15.5 line that had been reversed.

Everyone would almost be compelled to take Pats +15.5 or else you’re falling a game behind those that did

Hard to say! As far as the Patriots Line goes, that would never have happened. The Browns/49ers was just a mistake because I was in a tremendous hurry, but it would have definitely jumped to my immediate attention the Patriots should not be underdogs. In fact, after I posted it, I even thought, "Man, they're giving the Browns a lot of effing credit for last week!"

ADDED: Browns -4, essentially, was just reasonable enough that it didn't make me snap my head around, proverbially speaking. Personally, I think the Browns will win the game by 1-3 points. I reserve the right to edit this post after the result is known. JK
Mission146
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 8:05:25 AM permalink

[

could be fun. I would be in. I guess it would be like a teaser contest

Kind of like that! I think it would be really interesting and the winner would need to Pick probably around 85% winners.
Mission146
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 8:08:34 AM permalink

Mission-- First off. Please don't take any of my comments as complaining. I understand it is what it is. I was just simply expressing my opinion which is partially unbiased because of the bets that I am making. Having this one line messed up makes multiple picks affected because it will make people pick this game instead of another game. I obviously can not place a bet on this game so we are losing some bets.

I understand your position completely and don't take it as a complaint. Even if it were, you're entitled to complain. I screwed up posting that Line, 100% on me, so you're not complaining about the game itself.

I think the result is really just a lower variance week for your game, but it's up to you.

Quote:

However as far as this game goes. It makes some things interesting. I for 1 am going with the Browns. I was going to take the Browns +4 but now I am taking them at -4 just to be on the other side of a bunch of people. I will either gain some momentum and catch up a little or I will secure my spot at the bottom.

Your mentioning that you don't open the PMs makes sense as to why you can not change it as well. If there was 1 or 2 people getting them in I would think it is fair to PM then right away and say they need to change it but since you cant open them I guess there is no way to know who to pm.

As always I appreciate the effort in this game and will continue on with my overly impressive 30% pick rate.

Thank you for understanding! Even though I technically can't win, I don't like to look at Picks before making my own because I don't want the impression that the Picks of others can directly/indirectly influence my own.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 8:12:10 AM permalink

I posted earlier that I was taking Browns+4 as my Confidence pick. With the error I'm now taking 49ers +4 as my confidence pick. I'd say it is around 70% that 49ers cover, but 30% for Browns is no super long shot. As the leader I felt I had no choice but to take the 70% play. If the 49ers win by more than 4 this error will have resulted in a 4 game positive swing for me. If the Browns win by more than 4 it will have resulted in a 4 game negative swing for me.

Stunned to see Wiz avoided the game. As the king of stale lines, I'd say this would be the stalest....
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
Thanked by
Mission146JohnnyQ
October 6th, 2019 at 8:25:38 AM permalink
Lots of 49ers fans this week. Weird.
Anyway, I have very few picks in common with those ahead of me. Let's see how this shakes out.
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 20
Thanked by
prozemaMission146
October 6th, 2019 at 8:38:00 AM permalink
Week 5 Consensus

Game Line Total Visitor Home Over Under
Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Carolina Panthers
Arizona Cardinals @ Cincinnati Bengals
Atlanta Falcons @ Houston Texans
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints
Minnesota Vikings @ New York Giants
Buffalo Bills @ Tennessee Titans
New York Jets @ Philadelphia Eagles
Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Chicago Bears @ Oakland Raiders
New England Patriots @ Washington Redskins
Denver Broncos @ Los Angeles Chargers
Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys
Indianapolis Colts @ Kansas City Chiefs
Cleveland Browns @ San Francisco 49ers
EdCollins
EdCollins
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 8:41:57 AM permalink

Greetings!

I'm about to check for missing players...

PlayYourCardsRight, rdw4potus, Romes.

Edit. Whoops. I now see you determined this yourself at the bottom of your own thread.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 11:02:56 AM permalink
I picked 49ers +4 as my confidence pick, 100% because of the 8 point error. Win or Lose, I will stay even with all the other "good" contestants on this pick and I will try to catch the leaders based on my performance on the 84 other picks in this contest.

A gift of 8 points is just too much. 49ers +4 (versus -4) takes us past the super-key numbers of -3 and +3 and gives us a push on the key number of +4.

I wonder if Mission will make the same flub next week and offer us Dolphins -22.5 ?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
michael99000
michael99000
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 11:33:00 AM permalink
It’s showing my pick as Ravens -3 and Over 44.

That was a mistake in my message to Mission. It should’ve just been the Over 44 in the game. I’ve only bet on over/unders for all 5 of my picks every week thus far.

If this has to count as a no pick on this game I understand.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 12:09:38 PM permalink
I'm in the minority, I guess, on how this was handled. I think since people made picks before it was corrected, and everybody knew the line was incorrect, AND there were other errors in the lines as first posted, either the 49/browns game should have been declared a non-pick, or the line should have been corrected, as the others were. JMO, though, since we're all weighing in.

I just got out of the way of the train wreck and chose other games. I'm not fond of the idea that people should take advantage of the game over a typo. None of your excuses were very convincing either. Kind of spoils the fun. I hope winning/losing/not playing this particular game doesn't determine the season for any significant placements.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 1:23:47 PM permalink
Holy Mackeral, Hou-Atl 85 points ! I went with Under 50. Aaarrrggghhh.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Mission146
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 2:03:54 PM permalink

It’s showing my pick as Ravens -3 and Over 44.

That was a mistake in my message to Mission. It should’ve just been the Over 44 in the game. I’ve only bet on over/unders for all 5 of my picks every week thus far.

If this has to count as a no pick on this game I understand.

Good on the OVER, will Edit posts.
Mission146
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 2:05:25 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I'm in the minority, I guess, on how this was handled. I think since people made picks before it was corrected, and everybody knew the line was incorrect, AND there were other errors in the lines as first posted, either the 49/browns game should have been declared a non-pick, or the line should have been corrected, as the others were. JMO, though, since we're all weighing in.

I just got out of the way of the train wreck and chose other games. I'm not fond of the idea that people should take advantage of the game over a typo. None of your excuses were very convincing either. Kind of spoils the fun. I hope winning/losing/not playing this particular game doesn't determine the season for any significant placements.

To the first paragraph, no line was corrected, only added. I’ll sometimes do that if there’s not a line out on Thursday, so that’s effectively the same thing.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 2:06:21 PM permalink

I think you are being unfair. While EVERYONE had the opportunity to change their picks, Mission made it crystal clear that the line would be honored as written. Using the phrase 'take advantage' is taking an unfair shot at the competitors. Mission made the rules clear. Funny, there has been lots of talk of players using as their SOLE STRATEGY to take advantage of stale (meaning not available at the time of selection) lines!

I do agree with you that I hope this one game does not determine a final placement.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 2:28:32 PM permalink
Sigh, tried to get on to do picks at like 3am Friday morning, no lines, didn't submit 2 weeks, I'm DQ'd now right?

cool
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Mission146
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 2:33:04 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

Sigh, tried to get on to do picks at like 3am Friday morning, no lines, didn't submit 2 weeks, I'm DQ'd now right?

cool

You can actually still win Top 3 and Perfection bonuses.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2019 at 3:22:16 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

cool

No default picks ?
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
EdCollins
EdCollins
Thanked by
Mission146prozema
October 7th, 2019 at 7:54:57 PM permalink
Week 5 Results

Mission146 (4-1)
Steelers +3 (push)
Saints -3 (win)
49ers +4 Confidence (win)
Broncos +6 (win)
Cowboys -3 (loss)

Ayecarumba (1-4)
Steelers +3 (push)
Bears -5 (loss)
Texans -4 (win)
Packers UNDER 47 (loss)
Browns -4 Confidence (loss)

Michael99000 (4-2)
Ravens OVER 44.5 (win)
Bears UNDER 40 (loss)
Cardinals UNDER 47 (loss)
Jaguars OVER 40 (win)
Vikings UNDER 43.5 Confidence (win)

IndyJeffrey (4-2)
Giants +5 (loss)
Saints -3 Confidence (win)
Packers UNDER 47 (loss)
Chiefs UNDER 56 (win)
49ers +4 (win)

Paradigm (3-3)
Chargers -6 (loss)
Bears -5 (loss)
Cowboys -3 (loss)
Cowboys OVER 47 (win)

prozema (2-3)
Ravens -3 (push)
Buccaneers UNDER 46.5 (loss)
Bills OVER 38.5 (loss)
Cowboys -3 (loss)

miplet (4-1)
Ravens -3 (push)
Bears -5 (loss)
Vikings -5 (win)
Broncos +6 (win)

Wizard (2-4)
Raiders (+5) (win)
Cardinals (+3) (win)
Giants (+5) (loss)
Buccaneers (+3) (loss)
Cowboys (-3) Confidence (loss)

Gordonm888 (5-0)
Steelers +3 (push)
Eagles -13.5 (win)
Broncos +6 (win)
Packers +3 (win)

EdCollins (5-1)
Saints -3 (win)
Patriots -15.5 (win)
Eagles -13.5 (win)
Cowboys -3 (loss)

FourFiveFace (3-3)
Giants +5 (loss)
Redskins +15.5 (loss)
Titans -3 (loss)
Broncos +6 (win)

mwalz9 (2-2)
RAVENS -3 Confidence (push)
TITANS -3 (loss)
SAINTS -3 (win)
FALCONS +4 (loss)
PACKERS +3 (win)

Onenickelmiracle (3-3)
Cardinals UNDER 47 (loss)
Jaguars +3.5 (loss)
Jaguars OVER 40 (win)
Giants (+5) (loss)
49ers (+4) Confidence (win)

scolist (4-2)
Chicago OVER 40 (win)
Arizona UNDER 47 (loss)
Saints -3 Confidence (win)
Dallas -3 (loss)
49ers +4 (win)

JW17 (5-1)
Broncos +6 Confidence (win)
Saints -3 (win)
Packers +3 (win)
49ers +4 (win)
Titans -4 (loss)

MidwestAP (2-4)
Bears -5 (loss)
Patriots -15.5 (win)
Bills +3 (win)
Cowboys -3 Confidence (loss)
Jaguars +3.5 (loss)

JohnnyQ (3-3)
Bengals (-3) (loss)
Falcons UNDER 50 (loss)
Titans (-3) (loss)
Colts (+11) (win)
49ers (+4) Confidence (win)

DJATC (3-2)
Ravens -3 (push)
Ravens UNDER 44.5 (loss)
Eagles -13.5 (win)
Buccaneers UNDER 46.5 (loss)

SOOPOO (4-2)
Giants +5 (loss)
Colts +11 (win)
Raiders +5 (win)
Jets +13.5 (loss)

RisingDough (3-2)
Ravens-3 (push)
Giants +5 (loss)
Saints UNDER 46.5 (loss)
Packers +3 (win)

odiousgambit (2-3)
Browns (-4) Confidence (loss)
Bears (-5) (loss)
Vikings (-5) (win)
Eagles (-13.5) (win)
Steelers (+3) (push)

Beachbumbabs (4-2)
Vikings -5 Confidence (win)
Vikings OVER 43.5 (loss)
Saints -3 (win)
Chiefs UNDER 56 (win)
Bills OVER 38.5 (loss)

Johnzimbo (3-3)
Colts +11 (win)
Packers +3 (win)
Cardinals +3 (win)
Buccaneers +3 (loss)

Bruce1 (3-2)
Ravens (-3) (push)
Bears (-5) (loss)
Buccaneers (+3) (loss)
Texans (-4) Confidence (win)
49ers (+4) (win)

Joeman (5-1)
49ers +4 (win)
Jaguars +3.5 (loss)
Patriots -15.5 Confidence (win)
Saints -3 (win)
Colts +11 (win)

Sparty10k (4-2)
Cardinals +3 (win)
Saints -3 (win)
Cowboys -3 (loss)
Colts OVER 56 (loss)

GenWyzGy (4-2)
Giants +5 (loss)
Saints -3 (win)
Cardinals OVER 47 Confidence (win)
Ravens UNDER 44.5 (loss)
Broncos UNDER 44.5 (win)

kuma (3-2)
Ravens -3 (push)
Steelers UNDER 44.5 (loss)
Vikings -5 (win)
Cowboys -3 (loss)

GWAE (3-3)
Giants +5 (loss)
Patriots -15.5 (win)
Eagles -13.5 (win)
Colts +11 (win)

unJon (4-2)
Colts +11 (win)
Bills +3 (win)
Giants +5 (loss)
Chargers -6 (loss)

Romes (0-5)
forfeit (loss)
forfeit (loss)
forfeit (loss)
forfeit (loss)
forfeit (loss)

Week 5 Current Standings

Name Wins Losses %
EdCollins 22
73.33%
SOOPOO 22
73.33%
miplet 16
72.73%
unJon 20
66.67%
Gordonm888 19
65.52%
Michael99000 19
65.52%
prozema 18
62.07%
JohnnyQ 17
60.71%
FourFiveFace 18
60.00%
IndyJeffrey 18
60.00%
Joeman 18
60.00%
Mission146 16
59.26%
PlayYourCardsRight 14
58.33%
Bruce1 12
57.14%
MidwestAP 16
57.14%
DJATC 13
56.52%
GenWyzgy 16
55.17%
Kuma 16
55.17%
scolist 16
55.17%
Mwalz9 15
53.57%
BeachBumBabs 16
53.33%
JW17 16
53.33%
Sparty10k 16
53.33%
Onenickelmiracle 12
50.00%
Paradigm 15
50.00%
RisingDough 14
48.28%
Wizard 13
44.83%
Romes 10
43.48%
rdw4potus 9
42.86%
Ayecarumba 12
41.38%
GWAE 12
40.00%
JohnZimbo 12
40.00%
Odiousgambit 10
38.46%
Totals 508
55.46%

Record of Skip Weeks

Bruce1: Week #1
DJATC: Week #3
miplet: Week #1
Onenickelmiracle: Week #1
PlayYourCardsRight: Week #5
rdw4potus: Week #5
Romes: Week #4, Week #5

Player Ranking Summary thru Week 5

Player Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5
Ayecarumba
12 (3-3)
22 (3-3)
23 (3-3)
27 (2-4)
30 (1-4)
BeachBumBabs
7 (4-2)
27 (1-5)
16 (5-1)
22 (2-4)
21 (4-2)
Bruce1
-
13 (3-2)
6 (4-1)
13 (2-4)
14 (3-2)
DJATC
21 (2-4)
6 (6-0)
14 (2-4)
16 (3-2)
EdCollins
1 (5-1)
2 (5-1)
2 (4-2)
2 (3-3)
1 (5-1)
FourFiveFace
21 (2-4)
22 (4-2)
10 (5-1)
9 (4-2)
9 (3-3)
GenWyzgy
12 (3-3)
14 (4-2)
20 (2-3)
20 (3-3)
17 (4-2)
Gordonm888
12 (3-3)
14 (4-2)
7 (5-1)
10 (2-4)
5 (5-0)
GWAE
28 (1-5)
32 (2-4)
33 (3-3)
32 (3-3)
31 (3-3)
IndyJeffrey
21 (2-4)
14 (5-1)
10 (4-2)
10 (3-3)
9 (4-2)
Joeman
12 (3-3)
6 (5-1)
16 (2-4)
17 (3-3)
9 (5-1)
JohnnyQ
1 (5-1)
14 (2-4)
15 (2-2)
7 (5-1)
8 (3-3)
JohnZimbo
21 (2-4)
6 (6-0)
28 (0-6)
32 (1-5)
31 (3-3)
JW17
7 (4-2)
6 (4-2)
16 (2-4)
27 (1-5)
21 (5-1)
Kuma
12 (3-3)
27 (2-4)
23 (4-2)
17 (4-2)
17 (3-2)
Michael99000
21 (2-4)
14 (5-1)
14 (3-2)
6 (5-1)
5 (4-2)
MidwestAP
7 (4-2)
6 (4-2)
4 (4-0)
7 (2-4)
14 (2-4)
miplet
-
1 (6-0)
1 (5-1)
3 (1-4)
3 (4-1)
Mission146
28 (1-5)
22 (5-1)
20 (3-2)
16 (3-2)
12 (4-1)
Mwalz9
1 (5-1)
3 (4-2)
10 (2-4)
17 (2-4)
20 (2-2)
Odiousgambit
28 (1-5)
31 (2-3)
32 (3-2)
31 (2-3)
33 (2-3)
Onenickelmiracle
-
33 (1-5)
23 (5-1)
22 (3-3)
24 (3-3)
Paradigm
21 (2-4)
22 (4-2)
28 (2-4)
22 (4-2)
24 (3-3)
PlayYourCardsRight
12 (3-3)
6 (5-1)
10 (3-3)
10 (3-3)
prozema
7 (4-2)
3 (5-1)
5 (4-2)
4 (3-3)
7 (2-3)
rdw4potus
12 (3-3)
20 (3-2)
31 (1-4)
30 (2-3)
RisingDough
12 (3-3)
30 (1-5)
28 (4-2)
27 (3-3)
26 (3-2)
Romes
1 (5-1)
6 (3-3)
16 (2-4)
28 (0-5)
scolist
6 (4-1)
20 (2-4)
20 (3-3)
20 (3-3)
17 (4-2)
SOOPOO
1 (5-1)
3 (4-2)
2 (5-1)
1 (4-2)
1 (4-2)
Sparty10k
21 (2-4)
27 (3-3)
23 (4-2)
22 (3-3)
21 (4-2)
unJon
12 (3-3)
14 (4-2)
7 (5-1)
4 (4-2)
4 (4-2)
Wizard
7 (4-2)
22 (2-4)
23 (3-3)
26 (2-3)
27 (2-4)
michael99000
michael99000
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2019 at 7:59:39 PM permalink
With 99% of the precincts reporting, we can go ahead and call SF +4 the winner of this game
EdCollins
EdCollins
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2019 at 8:01:49 PM permalink

With 99% of the precincts reporting, we can go ahead and call SF +4 the winner of this game

I was ready to call them a winner about 30 minutes ago... but I had a cat on my lap. :)
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
Thanked by
odiousgambitMission146
October 8th, 2019 at 1:26:12 PM permalink

Does that put an end to the line-gate controversy ?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
Thanked by
Mission146
October 8th, 2019 at 1:48:05 PM permalink
I'm inn solid control of the "you suck" prize, the rest of you can go for the "mr. average" , or whatever it is , now
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
Thanked by
Mission146
October 8th, 2019 at 2:52:11 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I'm inn solid control of the "you suck" prize, the rest of you can go for the "mr. average" , or whatever it is , now

I wouldn't say solid...GWAE and I are right on your tail
michael99000
michael99000
Thanked by
Mission146
October 8th, 2019 at 3:17:55 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Does that put an end to the line-gate controversy ?

I think in the future mission should have at least a 1 hour window after lines are posted to make any corrections.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
Mission146
October 8th, 2019 at 10:00:38 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

No default picks ?

I had a default setup last year, but I wouldn't exactly presume that would carry over I guess. Sucks because I tried to get my picks done early Friday morning. Guess I have to eat the 0-5, hopefully do okay and get 4th and hate my life. Certainly takes the fun out of the whole game though.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Mission146
October 9th, 2019 at 1:55:24 AM permalink
Is there really skill in this game? There is some skill, but winning is dependent on luck. I don't think there is one person who ever played that can will themselves consistently to success. Unfortunately, my skill and effort level is being materialized.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Mission146
October 9th, 2019 at 2:01:49 AM permalink

I think in the future mission should have at least a 1 hour window after lines are posted to make any corrections.

But he is in the future, how will we ever contact him? Can we send PMs to the future? He is probably wishing he could come back and bet on the Trump fauxhawk.
I am a robot.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
Mission146
October 9th, 2019 at 10:17:52 AM permalink

Is there really skill in this game? There is some skill, but winning is dependent on luck. I don't think there is one person who ever played that can will themselves consistently to success. Unfortunately, my skill and effort level is being materialized.

There can be skill. Since we are allowed to use lines that do not exist at the time we make our selections, there are some selections that exceed the expected 50% success rate, at least as far as EV. I always get my picks in pretty early, so my success this year is nothing more than luck, with the exception of taking advantage of the glaring error on the SF/CLE game.
michael99000
michael99000
Thanked by
Mission146
October 9th, 2019 at 10:47:10 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

There can be skill. Since we are allowed to use lines that do not exist at the time we make our selections, there are some selections that exceed the expected 50% success rate, at least as far as EV. I always get my picks in pretty early, so my success this year is nothing more than luck, with the exception of taking advantage of the glaring error on the SF/CLE game.

One way to tell if skill is involved is to compare the year to year final standings and see if the same people continue to finish in the upper tier. Over a 5 or 6 year period a pattern would indicate skill. Sporadic results would indicate otherwise.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
prozema
October 10th, 2019 at 9:22:05 PM permalink
Greetings!

The Week 6 Lines are as follows:

Panthers (-2.5) @ Buccaneers (+2.5) O/U 47.5
Bengals (+11) @ Ravens (-11) O/U 48
Seahawks (-1.5) @ Browns (+1.5) O/U 46
Texans (+4.5) @ Chiefs (-4.5) O/U 55
Saints (+1) @ Jaguars (-1) O/U 43.5
Eagles (+3) @ Vikings (-3) O/U 44
Redskins (-3.5) @ Dolphins (+3.5) O/U 41
49ers (+3) @ Rams (-3) O/U 50.5
Falcons (-2.5) @ Cardinals (+2.5) O/U 51.5
Cowboys (-7) @ Jets (+7) O/U 44.5
Titans (+2) @ Broncos (-2) O/U 40.5
Steelers (+7) @ Chargers (-7) O/U 41.5
Lions (+4) @ Packers (-4) O/U 47
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Mission146
October 10th, 2019 at 10:08:46 PM permalink

Greetings!

The Week 6 Lines are as follows:

Panthers (-2.5) @ Buccaneers (+2.5) O/U 47.5
Bengals (+11) @ Ravens (-11) O/U 48
Seahawks (-1.5) @ Browns (+1.5) O/U 46
Texans (+4.5) @ Chiefs (-4.5) O/U 55
Saints (+1) @ Jaguars (-1) O/U 43.5
Eagles (+3) @ Vikings (-3) O/U 44
Redskins (-3.5) @ Dolphins (+3.5) O/U 41
49ers (+3) @ Rams (-3) O/U 50.5
Falcons (-2.5) @ Cardinals (+2.5) O/U 51.5
Cowboys (-7) @ Jets (+7) O/U 44.5
Titans (+2) @ Broncos (-2) O/U 40.5
Steelers (+7) @ Chargers (-7) O/U 41.5
Lions (+4) @ Packers (-4) O/U 47

It's official, picks in. Damn I better start getting lucky. Can't even joke this year, though last year the dark side arc was fun. Just can't top it, can't just do it again.
I am a robot.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
Thanked by
Mission146
October 11th, 2019 at 5:28:50 AM permalink

It's official, picks in. Damn I better start getting lucky. Can't even joke this year, though last year the dark side arc was fun. Just can't top it, can't just do it again.

I drink your milkshake.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Mission146
October 11th, 2019 at 10:42:08 AM permalink

Quote: IndyJeffrey

Quote: Joeman

Browns (-4) @ 49ers (+4) O/U 46

Is the point spread reversed on the Browns/49ers game? Las Vegas Insider is showing the 49ers as 4 point favorites.

I agree. This should be SF -4 . That said...

. I hope Mission fixes this. It is not in the spirit of the game to take advantage of sleepy typos. At the end of the season I like to see how the group has done overall. Giving an extra 8 points crossing both 3's makes the stats at the end of the year rubbish.

Since this is a competition I will be forced to take SF +4 if it stays that way. 70% it wins.

Ed has said before, he doesn't care what the + or - value is. He plugs in the line for all teams for that week, then when our picks are posted, he just inputs the teams, not the spread. Same with over/under.

That said, I'm waiting for Mission to fix these lines before I put in a set of picks. I would appreciate the right to stay in the ONM Friday pick pool if the picks don't get fixed fast enough, and I would hope that's universal, but I guess ONM would have a say in that, too.

Sorry for a late response, but the answer from me is no. Simply because it's not the first pick which counts, but the last pick which counts. Anyone could have submitted a set of picks, then if there was a problem, still get them in for the late portion of the contest.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Mission146
October 11th, 2019 at 11:06:32 AM permalink

There is some yes, but I look at past winners and contenders who had really good track records and have been slumping in mediocrity. Maybe I should try harder, but the 1 minute making my picks is saving time for other things worth more. I'm not watching games nor coverage, so I'm hurting I think and so be it.
I am a robot.
EdCollins
EdCollins
Thanked by
Mission146
October 11th, 2019 at 9:50:30 PM permalink
Please note that if you plan on making a pick on the Panthers/Buccaneers game, you will need to get your picks in a tad earlier than the normal Sunday 10:00 am EST deadline.

That game's being played in London and kickoff is scheduled for 9:30 am EST.

As I recall, a pick on that game submitted after the kickoff would result in an automatic loss AND would make you ineligible for the You Suck and Most Average prizes.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
Thanked by
Mission146
October 11th, 2019 at 9:54:30 PM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Please note that if you plan on making a pick on the Panthers/Buccaneers game, you will need to get your picks in a tad earlier than the normal Sunday 10:00 am EST deadline.

That game's being played in London and kickoff is scheduled for 9:30 am EST.

As I recall, a pick on that game submitted after the kickoff would result in an automatic loss AND would make you ineligible for the You Suck and Most Average prizes.

How does that interact with the ONM prize for timing of submission? :-/
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
  • Jump to: