Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
January 5th, 2020 at 5:39:12 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Correct, they were quite successful with him only throwing it 20 times per game riding a historically phenomenal defense and Bettis. I mean when they took the gloves off and let him win games himself maybe late second to third season, wild Ben came out and youd be like wtf is that guy trying to do out there? Still pretty successful but wildly unpredictable. Third season when they let him throw 30 times/game he had 18 TDs and 23 picks. 17/15 his 5th season. That version of Ben. 4th season looks like one of the best seasons of his career I guess. Young Ben when they took the gloves off was a wild card.

Thats kind of how a QB career works. You start simple then learn how to read a D.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
January 5th, 2020 at 5:59:57 AM permalink
I love Josh Allen. Amazing competitor. Great teammate. Not afraid of the moment. Etc.

Just he's not a great QB for the NFL. Just not accurate enough. But he is just good enough because of his amazing running/scrambling ability to continue on with the 'potential' tag. So the Bills with a great D will be stuck with the mediocre QB play until they figure out Josh is not the answer.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 71
January 5th, 2020 at 7:54:28 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Correct, they were quite successful with him only throwing it 20 times per game riding a historically phenomenal defense and Bettis. I mean when they took the gloves off and let him win games himself maybe late second to third season, wild Ben came out and youd be like wtf is that guy trying to do out there? Still pretty successful but wildly unpredictable. Third season when they let him throw 30 times/game he had 18 TDs and 23 picks. 17/15 his 5th season. That version of Ben. 4th season looks like one of the best seasons of his career I guess. Young Ben when they took the gloves off was a wild card.

I am a believer that a QB should average less than 20 passes a game. Football is still about dominating the line. I think you will see it trend that way again in the next few years.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
January 5th, 2020 at 1:31:25 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I love Josh Allen. Amazing competitor. Great teammate. Not afraid of the moment. Etc.

Just he's not a great QB for the NFL. Just not accurate enough. But he is just good enough because of his amazing running/scrambling ability to continue on with the 'potential' tag. So the Bills with a great D will be stuck with the mediocre QB play until they figure out Josh is not the answer.

He's only 23.

He does miss some easy throws but he also gets some completions few others could.

In his defence, he rarely has wide open receivers. Watched several games this year and he is always trying to squeeze it in to blanketed receivers. Sometimes that's on him but usually not.

Sure, if you can draft the next Brees or Wilson that's great but easier said than done.

If they can mold him into kind of a hybrid of Alex Smith and Lamar Jackson that could be pretty darn good. Meaning, a competent qb who also has the ability to make huge plays with his athleticism here and there.

He has made a lot of progress in that direction. At the start of the year he made terrible blunders left and right but he is shaving them down.

The way they started this game on offense is a really good blueprint imo.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
January 5th, 2020 at 1:37:22 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I am a believer that a QB should average less than 20 passes a game. Football is still about dominating the line. I think you will see it trend that way again in the next few years.

I think one reason Bill b is Bill b is, he builds the best machine possible with the parts he has rather than impose a philosophy.

If you have Tom Brady and randy moss, for example, you... Well, you sure don't throw it 16 times a game.
DRich
DRich
January 5th, 2020 at 4:31:14 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

I think one reason Bill b is Bill b is, he builds the best machine possible with the parts he has rather than impose a philosophy.

If you have Tom Brady and randy moss, for example, you... Well, you sure don't throw it 16 times a game.

I agree, I am thinking more league averages. We will be seeing a lot more college playbooks entering the league after the success of Jackson and Murray. I look forward to it as I think NFL has become boring with everybody running the same offenses and defenses.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
January 19th, 2020 at 2:36:44 PM permalink
Another math based question.

How do you convert multiple moneylines on a parlay bet.

IOW, I make bets of -140 and -138, or -135, -198, and +110

Need to know for a personal project.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
DRich
DRich
January 20th, 2020 at 3:46:41 PM permalink
That 49er's Green bay game was awesome. I love that SF dominated and only through 8 passes in the whole game. That is real football.
IndyJeffrey
IndyJeffrey
  • Threads: 9
Thanks for this post from:
AZDuffman
January 20th, 2020 at 5:04:53 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Another math based question.

How do you convert multiple moneylines on a parlay bet.

IOW, I make bets of -140 and -138, or -135, -198, and +110

Need to know for a personal project.

http://www.donbest.com/calculator/parlay-calculator/
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
January 21st, 2020 at 8:20:29 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Football is still about dominating the line.

Football is about wining. See youtube's 'wrong ball" wherein a Texas high school Coach stands on the sideline tossing a ball in the air and one of the players calls out "wrong ball'" so the center stand ups and hands the ball to a player who walks slowly down the field toward his coach and after making about 15 yards tucks the ball under his arm and runs for the goalpost.

• Jump to: