helpmespock
helpmespock
Joined: Mar 6, 2010
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 384
March 1st, 2019 at 6:49:46 PM permalink
I make a couple sports bets every year in Las Vegas on my annual March Break trip. They are $20 for the NY Jets to win the AFC championship game and $20 for the Jets to win the Super Bowl.

My question to you folks is where is the best spot to do this? Westgate? A William-Hill sportsbook? Somewhere else? Typically I get lazy and do it at the hotel Iím staying at, but I suspect I could get better odds if I shopped around.

--helpmespock
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
Joined: Aug 18, 2014
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 2537
Thanks for this post from:
helpmespock
March 1st, 2019 at 11:00:10 PM permalink
I'd just check at books close by or that you want to visit If you have to take an Uber to stations or boyd or whatever, that will eat up your evening anyway.
helpmespock
helpmespock
Joined: Mar 6, 2010
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 384
March 2nd, 2019 at 12:22:44 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

I'd just check at books close by or that you want to visit If you have to take an Uber to stations or boyd or whatever, that will eat up your evening anyway.



Actually we've rented a car for the trip so travelling shouldn't be too much of a bother. If the spot has 9/6 video poker for a reasonable minimum like $0.25 or $0.50 then all the better.

--helpmespock
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
Joined: Aug 12, 2018
  • Threads: 76
  • Posts: 413
Thanks for this post from:
helpmespock
March 2nd, 2019 at 1:21:16 PM permalink
Quote: helpmespock

I make a couple sports bets every year in Las Vegas on my annual March Break trip. They are $20 for the NY Jets to win the AFC championship game and $20 for the Jets to win the Super Bowl.



--helpmespock



I wish I could make that bet and have some hope. I am originally from New York and the Jets/Giants are my teams but the Jets just stick it to me year after year after year. Once in awhile they tease me and get to, and lose, the AFC championship and have, I think, the longest SuperBowl drought in the NFL.

Why, you may ask?

1) They refuse to spend the money on a marque quarterback. The closest they come is to sign a great for one year at the end of his career.

2) They went the whole 70's without getting to the playoffs because they refused to get rid of thier QB, a bum named Richard Todd.

I'll always be loyal but it hurts. Even the Red Sox and Cubs ended their droughts.
The best things in life are not free.
helpmespock
helpmespock
Joined: Mar 6, 2010
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 384
March 3rd, 2019 at 11:23:51 AM permalink
Quote: Lovecomps

I am originally from New York and the Jets/Giants are my teams but the Jets just stick it to me year after year after year. Once in awhile they tease me and get to, and lose, the AFC championship and have, I think, the longest SuperBowl drought in the NFL.



I too am a long suffering Jets fan. I caught the bug in the early 80's as a young and impressionable lad when they had some success with guys like Gastineau, Klecko, Freeman McNeil, and Wesley Walker. Been a fan ever since.

Things are at least looking up with the young Sam Darnold at QB these days, but it has been a while since they made the playoffs.

Maybe this year as I put my hope in two $20 bets on the Jets. 8-)

--helpmespock
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
Joined: Sep 29, 2010
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 861
Thanks for this post from:
helpmespock
March 3rd, 2019 at 12:44:48 PM permalink
In my small sample size I would say South Point is better than Boyd for future odds generally.
helpmespock
helpmespock
Joined: Mar 6, 2010
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 384
March 3rd, 2019 at 12:57:18 PM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

In my small sample size I would say South Point is better than Boyd for future odds generally.



I'll check it out. There is a multi-strike Super Times Pay Jacks or better machine that we like to play at South Point.


--helpmespock

  • Jump to: