8 votes (14.03%)
2 votes (3.5%)
1 vote (1.75%)

57 members have voted

unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
November 28th, 2022 at 9:14:41 AM permalink
I wonder if the debating will get more or less fierce in a few years when the CFP expand to 12 teams, the 6 highest ranked conference champs and 6 highest ranked at large teams.

On the one hand, you’re arguing over teams with less chance of winning it all, on the other hand, arguably more teams will be in the mix to bubble.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 57
November 28th, 2022 at 9:49:39 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

If Bama was playing those teams on a neutral field, who would be favored?
Saban doesn't teach anything about PI that I didn't learn in high school. Of course, you take a penalty to avoid giving up a touchdown. Every kid learns that in Pop Warner.
link to original post

yeah, but Bama combines that strategy with:

- harassing the referees through the SEC office to not call the PI penalty against Alabama
- the fact that the PI call/non-call is not reviewable by replay

I understand that your life in NYC, Vegas and Arizona handicaps you in your knowledge of what happens in the Southeast Conference and deepest, darkest Alabama. I wish you joy and happiness anyway in this holiday season.

Who would be favored? If Bama is to be playing on a neutral field without Heisman Trophy winner Bryce Young at QB and without "Best defensive player in a generation" Will Anderson then Michigan or Tennessee would be favored. Substantially. Period. And even with those players and with the corrupted SEC referees, Tennessee (at home) beat the Alabama team because Bama has an unimpressive O-Line, D-line and Defensive backs.

And after losing to Tennessee an Alabama player punched two random Tennessee fans (one a girl) and Nick Saban publicly condoned that violence against fans because the player was "afraid." And privately placed the player in "anger management counseling" rather than in "Fear management counseling." So, if you were as judgmental about football teams as you are in your forum posts about everything else then you would not be an Alabama apologist and would not want to see the Alabama GirlBeaters in the CFP.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
AD7love
AD7love
  • Threads: 0
November 28th, 2022 at 10:46:32 AM permalink
While USC takes on Utah, TCU takes on Kansas St. There is probably a 19% chance that TCU and USC both lose, in which case Alabama and Ohio State would advance to the playoffs. I'd prefer to see a playoff featuring the conference champions from four different conference, with no previous meetings between the four teams (and no losses).
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
November 28th, 2022 at 10:49:21 AM permalink
Quote: AD7love

While USC takes on Utah, TCU takes on Kansas St. There is probably a 19% chance that TCU and USC both lose, in which case Alabama and Ohio State would advance to the playoffs. I'd prefer to see a playoff featuring the conference champions from four different conferences, with no previous meetings between the four teams (and no losses).
link to original post

I see what you did there.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 118
November 28th, 2022 at 11:00:19 AM permalink
If K St, LSU, Purdue, and Utah all win, the NONE of the ‘power 5’ conference champions will be in the playoffs! Imagine odds on that before the season started!

Go Portugal!
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 220
November 28th, 2022 at 11:11:38 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Saban doesn't teach anything about PI that I didn't learn in high school. Of course, you take a penalty to avoid giving up a touchdown. Every kid learns that in Pop Warner.
link to original post

- harassing the referees through the SEC office to not call the PI penalty against Alabama

I understand that your life in NYC, Vegas and Arizona handicaps you in your knowledge of what happens in the Southeast Conference and deepest, darkest Alabama. I wish you joy and happiness anyway in this holiday season.

Who would be favored? If Bama is to be playing on a neutral field without Heisman Trophy winner Bryce Young at QB and without "Best defensive player in a generation" Will Anderson then Michigan or Tennessee would be favored. Substantially. Period. And even with those players and with the corrupted SEC referees, Tennessee (at home) beat the Alabama team because Bama has an unimpressive O-Line, D-line and Defensive backs.

And after losing to Tennessee an Alabama player punched two random Tennessee fans (one a girl) and Nick Saban publicly condoned that violence against fans because the player was "afraid." And privately placed the player in "anger management counseling" rather than in "Fear management counseling." So, if you were as judgmental about football teams as you are in your forum posts about everything else then you would not be an Alabama apologist and would not want to see the Alabama GirlBeaters in the CFP.
link to original post

I've been to three Bama games, a half dozen or so ND games, three U of Florida home games, , two Zoo of Miami games,three bowls and at least a dozen Army games. But by living in NYC for a few years I obviously can know nothing about the SEC.
I watched Tenn- Vanderbilt the other night as there were a few folks from Nashville.
But I'm the judgemental one. Green is the color of jealousy, no?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 57
November 28th, 2022 at 11:31:57 AM permalink
Quote: AD7love

While USC takes on Utah, TCU takes on Kansas St. There is probably a 19% chance that TCU and USC both lose, in which case Alabama and Ohio State would advance to the playoffs. I'd prefer to see a playoff featuring the conference champions from four different conference, with no previous meetings between the four teams (and no losses).
link to original post

This is a minor alteration of my earlier post which I reproduce below:

TCU plays Kansas St and USC faces Utah. There's probably about a 20% chance that both TCU and USC lose, in which case Ohio State and Alabama slip into the playoffs. I'd rather see a playoff with the conference champs from 4 different conferences and with none of the four teams having played (and lost) to each other yet.
link to original post

What is going on? I don't get it. Why have you done this?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
Thanks for this post from:
SOOPOO
November 29th, 2022 at 9:53:42 AM permalink
Quote: gordon888

Alabama administrators hound the SEC refs about calling pass interference plays against Bama defenders (Pass interference is a judgment call and Saban coaches his defenders to commit PI if the play is going to result in a TD or a long gain.) Bama administrators harass SEC refs through the SEC office where Bama has a lot of power. This can result in refs being dismissed or used in a minimal way, and SEC refs understand this. IMO, Bama is the closest thing to organized crime in college football. It is well known that there was one particular ref who skewed his calls to Bama -and just by coincidence he was often assigned to Bama games.

Here you have it. Another authoritative, fact-based post with, of course, no links showing proof of such allegations.

It would seem to me that if the above were provable, the NCAA as well as the other combatant coaches within the SEC would have their say and make sure that Alabama would be sanctioned into oblivion. To me, the post is filled with conjecture, guessing, fan posturing, and even libel.

tuttigym
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 118
November 29th, 2022 at 10:18:25 AM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

Quote: gordon888

Alabama administrators hound the SEC refs about calling pass interference plays against Bama defenders (Pass interference is a judgment call and Saban coaches his defenders to commit PI if the play is going to result in a TD or a long gain.) Bama administrators harass SEC refs through the SEC office where Bama has a lot of power. This can result in refs being dismissed or used in a minimal way, and SEC refs understand this. IMO, Bama is the closest thing to organized crime in college football. It is well known that there was one particular ref who skewed his calls to Bama -and just by coincidence he was often assigned to Bama games.

Here you have it. Another authoritative, fact-based post with, of course, no links showing proof of such allegations.

It would seem to me that if the above were provable, the NCAA as well as the other combatant coaches within the SEC would have their say and make sure that Alabama would be sanctioned into oblivion. To me, the post is filled with conjecture, guessing, fan posturing, and even libel.

tuttigym
link to original post

Gordon also believes a certain person won a certain election…..!

I’m hoping for the CHAOS that would ensue if a two loss Alabama team gets in ahead of one loss TCU.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 220
November 29th, 2022 at 10:32:24 AM permalink

link to original post

I thought about this for a day and think this intended to be an insult.
Whats the procedure for making a formal complaint?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.

• Jump to: