1 vote (1.92%)
1 vote (1.92%)

52 members have voted

kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
January 1st, 2022 at 11:07:40 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Read up a little on Brian Kelly who just walked Notre Dame for the LSU job. Another Brian Kelly story, when the current Packers and Jets head coaches were his grad assistants at Central Michigan he invited them to a dinner at his house. When they showed up they weren’t invited to the meal they were told to shovel snow and park cars for the invited guests.

Yes it happens all the time, the other school pays off the buyout. I have a little more sympathy for kids re-thinking a commitment made at 17 then I do people triple their age doing that or worse.
link to original post

Well that should not be allowed either. A contract is a contract. Period.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 1st, 2022 at 11:09:16 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Read up a little on Brian Kelly who just walked Notre Dame for the LSU job. Another Brian Kelly story, when the current Packers and Jets head coaches were his grad assistants at Central Michigan he invited them to a dinner at his house. When they showed up they weren’t invited to the meal they were told to shovel snow and park cars for the invited guests.

Yes it happens all the time, the other school pays off the buyout. I have a little more sympathy for kids re-thinking a commitment made at 17 then I do people triple their age doing that or worse.
link to original post

link to original post

Yeah so Kelly just signed an extension with Notre Dame in 2020 to go to 2024. Next year he’s in LSU with a 10 year contract worth 95 million+ incentives.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
January 1st, 2022 at 11:13:42 AM permalink

Yeah so Kelly just signed an extension with Notre Dame in 2020 to go to 2024. Next year he’s in LSU with a 10 year contract worth 95 million+ incentives.

Well the easy answer is Notre Dame should be able to sue him for breach of contract (pretty clear case). And the amount should be based on whatever damages they come up with, based on any kind of expectations (real or not) they had. So they should be able to say their damages are 200 million. That would put an end to THAT nonsense pretty quickly, wouldn't it?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
January 1st, 2022 at 11:20:00 AM permalink

Well the easy answer is Notre Dame should be able to sue him for breach of contract (pretty clear case). And the amount should be based on whatever damages they come up with, based on any kind of expectations (real or not) they had. So they should be able to say their damages are 200 million. That would put an end to THAT nonsense pretty quickly, wouldn't it?
link to original post

Yeah but then Notre Dame couldn’t do that to another school so they wouldn’t want that.....

I think the reality is that most coaches that move are always currently under contract if they’re moving up. If they just got canned they probably have to take a step back. Then in college athletics you can’t really have a coach going into the last year of a contract because of the negative effects on recruiting, so the most realistic options are extension or hiring guys that are under contract.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
January 1st, 2022 at 3:04:24 PM permalink

That crap started with professional players. They sign a huge 6 oir 8 year contract and 3 years in want to renegotiate. Should have never been allowed to happen.

If a contract is in place I blame the teams for renegotiating, not the players. I never blame someone for asking, the owners just need to say no.
Order from chaos
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 54
January 1st, 2022 at 3:11:25 PM permalink
Well, Notre Dame lost to Okla. State, so they don't look as if they would have been a better choice than Cincinnati for the CFP.

This is just one of those years with two elite teams, Bama and Georgia, and a large dropoff in team strength to whomever was the third best team (Utah?). Nobody in SEC was close to those two teams either.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
January 1st, 2022 at 3:35:17 PM permalink
This Rose Bowl is having incredible scores and no defense.
Order from chaos
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
January 1st, 2022 at 5:17:07 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

That crap started with professional players. They sign a huge 6 oir 8 year contract and 3 years in want to renegotiate. Should have never been allowed to happen.

If a contract is in place I blame the teams for renegotiating, not the players. I never blame someone for asking, the owners just need to say no.
link to original post

The problem with blaming the players in the pros is that, unlike just about any other professional field where someone is sought after, they have little choice in their initial contract or who they play for.

They more or less go where they are drafted if they want to be paid for their abilities, and restricted free agency or franchise tags give them little choice in their second.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
January 1st, 2022 at 5:28:29 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

What? The contracts tend to say what happens in these situations. And the future employer pays the damages/buy out price. The contract is “followed.” Your objection doesn’t make sense with what happens.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 133
January 2nd, 2022 at 7:23:08 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: Mission146

Gamers are going to hear, "Madden is dead," and ask, "Why would EA stop making the game!?"
link to original post

I know a guy has every version of the game. He is really into collecting them. It was the first good football video game.
link to original post

Tecmo Bowl wasn't bad for the time. I think the standard in the mid–80's was just to be fundamentally playable.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219

• Jump to: