1 vote (2.04%)
1 vote (2.04%)

49 members have voted

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 109
January 24th, 2021 at 3:39:06 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

If he refuses it, they just do it again. The cycle would get old real fast.

. Not true. It would eventually turn into an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Which is at least an extra 10 free yards. Iím not sure if there is another remedy, but you bring up an interesting point.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 224
January 24th, 2021 at 3:42:04 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

. Their win % wen from 10 to 9. A bad call but not even the worst of the game. Arians not refusing the 2nd and 1 intentional offsides was stunning. Did he even stop for a second to think WHY GB went offside on purpose? It never ceases to amaze me how just not smart NFL head coaches are.

Can you refuse an offside penalty?

Worked out for me, I had TB moneyline and over 53. Tampa Bay over a good bet this season and last,

Now GO BILLS!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 168
January 24th, 2021 at 3:47:51 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

A field goal down 8 inside the 10 with 2 minutes left??? Wtf was that, almost surprised Rodgers didnít refuse to come off the field.

it's got to be in the running for the worst coaches call ever in a championship game
right - turn the ball over to Brady - he's really likely to not get a first down - sure - that's the ticket........NOT

𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳.........𝖤𝖽𝗀𝖺𝗋 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝖾
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 44
January 24th, 2021 at 3:57:46 PM permalink
The game looked like it was going to turn into a blowout that didnít last long.
Canít believe GB went for 3 .
Happy to see Brady in another SuperBowl.
He might not have the skills of some of the other QBs out there but somehow he keeps on winning.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 178
January 24th, 2021 at 4:18:38 PM permalink
Kudos to Tom Brady and all the Bucs. I pray I never have to utter those words again.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 178
January 24th, 2021 at 4:21:57 PM permalink

. Not true. It would eventually turn into an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Which is at least an extra 10 free yards. Iím not sure if there is another remedy, but you bring up an interesting point.

I'm spit balling here, but a declined penalty means it never happened so how could you get called for a repeat of something that didn't happen.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 24th, 2021 at 4:24:14 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

it's got to be in the running for the worst coaches call ever in a championship game
right - turn the ball over to Brady - he's really likely to not get a first down - sure - that's the ticket........NOT

The math is the math. He lessened his teams chances from 10% to 9%. Not a good call, obviously , but doesnít even get honorable mention in the pantheon of bad calls.

Remember, even if successful, they still need 2 point conversion. And then they still need to stop Hrady from driving down field for a field goal. And even if that is successful they only get to OT with 50% chance of winning. The decision he made just required stopping Brady, then driving for winning TD. As stated., likelihood of your plan working was 10%, versus the plan GB chose being 9%.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 168
January 24th, 2021 at 4:55:24 PM permalink

The math is the math. He lessened his teams chances from 10% to 9%.

no, the math is not the math
you can't possibly make a calculation such as that
because the calculation did not include a power ranking for all the various QBs in that situation
you're talking about Tom Brady - maybe or probably the greatest QB who ever played the game
it also did not include a power ranking that took into account Rodger's greatness and his far greater likelihood than average to convert
your 10% to 9% thing is meaningless

𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳.........𝖤𝖽𝗀𝖺𝗋 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝖾
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 44
January 24th, 2021 at 5:05:14 PM permalink
Some of the tweets I have seen said the models take into account who the QBs were. But no model is perfect .
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 24th, 2021 at 5:09:50 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

no, the math is not the math
you can't possibly make a calculation such as that
because the calculation did not include a power ranking for all the various QBs in that situation
you're talking about Tom Brady - maybe or probably the greatest QB who ever played the game
it also did not include a power ranking that took into account Rodger's greatness and his far greater likelihood than average to convert
your 10% to 9% thing is meaningless

. I wouldnít say meaningless.... but of course it canít factor in every variable. Weather. Defensive strengths of teams. Who is out because of game injury.

Remember, I agree with you! I wouldnít have kicked that FG either! In general, if at all reasonable I donít punt. And tend to go for it rather than kick FG.

We are just arguing extent of how bad a decision the FG was.

• Jump to: