WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
August 24th, 2017 at 1:41:27 PM permalink
This is Mayweather's house and Connor is just a guest looking to cash in on a big meal. Let's say TO were to play Michael Jordan in a basketball game. TO is an amazing basketball player, incredible athlete, and one of the best football players to play the game.... but MJ is the greatest basketball player of all time. No one is coming into his house and beating him. They are fighting a boxing match, not an MMA fight. This is all Mayweather. If it were MMA rules, then it would be a different story... but Connor is playing it up for the big payday.. and I dont blame him.

The only way Connor wins is if the fight is fixed and rematch is in order. Perhaps Connor gets disqualified on purpose so they can rematch. Anyway you slice it, Im on Mayweather large!
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 24th, 2017 at 2:25:58 PM permalink
Mayweather has been out partying all week, and doesn't seem to be taking this very serious. Reminds me of Apollo Creed or Mike Tyson when he went to Japan to pick up an easy paycheck against Buster Douglas.
The whole thing is a sham.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 24th, 2017 at 4:07:30 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Mayweather has been out partying all week, and doesn't seem to be taking this very serious. Reminds me of Apollo Creed or Mike Tyson when he went to Japan to pick up an easy paycheck against Buster Douglas.
The whole thing is a sham.

If he wasn't already in shape for the fight, the last few days won't matter much. Hard drinking would be partying. Sitting in a club nursing a light beverage wouldn't be. Could be the illusion they are trying to create.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
August 24th, 2017 at 4:27:37 PM permalink
Being out to 2-3 AM and being at 9AM media events is unlike most training schedules.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 24th, 2017 at 4:44:14 PM permalink
Before a big event, you typically don't want to or shouldn't be training hard core, at least for the 2-3 days prior. The last week leading up to the event is usually light training. Don't know how much if anything Mayweather has to cut (weight), but that could throw a screw in the wrenches if he's worried about that (which I doubt).

I read an article a little while back where TMT crew were saying it's unlikely he'd be out partying the week leading up to the event, and that Floyd doesn't drink, smoke, or do drugs.
billryan
billryan
August 24th, 2017 at 5:01:29 PM permalink
You should be resting, not hosting parties.
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 6
Thanked by
RogerKintRisingDough
August 24th, 2017 at 5:27:14 PM permalink
If you think Mayweather is partying, you're only fooling yourself.

It's all a game. He's working every angle to make people think it will be competitive. It's not rocket science, the more PPV's he sells, the more money he makes.
  • Jump to: