TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
June 8th, 2017 at 10:43:26 PM permalink
Seems to be a very common thing for those who bet on their phones with William Hill. Knew it was coming. Got the phone call this morning

"This is Mark from William Hill."

"I'm at work and can't talk about non-work related matters."

"Traders have decided to lock your account."

"I'm sorry I can't talk right now, you can call back after 2:00," and I hung up.

Asked around and I think they would have asked to void the series of bets I made this morning. From the laws I found online it would be illegal to cancel any bets. Wish I had talked to them and asked them if it was we would be breaking the law.

(REGULATION 22.145 Nevada Gaming Control Board "Prohibit wagers from being changed after the patron has reviewed and confirmed the wagering information, and the specific wagering communication transaction has been completed;")

Also would have told them if it was Golden Nugget or South Point I would gladly let them take the bets back, but no way for William Hill with their customer service history.

Try to login and message says account is locked and they have a phone number to call. I'm going to a writer tomorrow and ask to withdraw all funds and for a record of all transactions. It's such a small amount, I almost hope they give me problems just so I can try to cause some drama. Had the bets that led to them locking the account hit it would have been a +$10,000 win (I'm sure William Hill can afford that). The bets lost. Bought off at a couple other places and won a little less than $2,000.
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 9
June 8th, 2017 at 11:08:19 PM permalink
Don't get me started on this book. I've had large tickets to cash and they've told me that they don't have the funds so you'll have to come back tomorrow. I really hate these bastards and if I bet in the book I make it a point to beat them if they have a good line.

I just want to say that I'm rooting for you in any endeavor against these SOBs!
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
June 9th, 2017 at 12:07:59 AM permalink
Quote: monet0412

Don't get me started on this book. I've had large tickets to cash and they've told me that they don't have the funds so you'll have to come back tomorrow. I really hate these bastards and if I bet in the book I make it a point to beat them if they have a good line.

I just want to say that I'm rooting for you in any endeavor against these SOBs!

I don't hate them.,. Yet. They offer bets nobody else does.

But thanks for the reminder. Got to stay off app and card as much as possible. Rotate loccations

Hopefully you avoid being 86ed altogether tom.

The euro model of bookmaking is to be more liberal with lines for losers but to bar and harrass winners. I think this is part of the motivation for all the apps, but wh most of all.
  • Jump to: