Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 206
January 7th, 2017 at 8:38:27 AM permalink
Thank you to WoN for the generous bonus!
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed. - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 68
January 7th, 2017 at 8:40:13 AM permalink
Keeping sb is fine but can you post a overall combined how many picked each for fun.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 45
January 7th, 2017 at 8:45:29 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Greetings!

I have two matters to address:

1.) After discussing the matter with WizardofNothing, he has decided to contribute the $75 to this contest thereby making the top prize $200. I left it up to him because we have 26 players in the pool, however, that includes the two of us. Therefore, we technically didn't end up with 25 unique players in the sense that he meant.

That is a nice gesture WoN. Thank you!
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 104
January 7th, 2017 at 10:20:47 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Keeping sb is fine but can you post a overall combined how many picked each for fun.

Sure, here are the Super Bowl Picks, but not necessarily who they belong to:

Seahawks 24, Patriots 17
New England 31, Atlanta 21
Dallas 31, Patriots 27
Green Bay 21, Pittsburgh 20
New England 32, Green Bay 20
Pittsburgh 31, NYG 19
New England 21, Dallas, 17
Seattle, 34, Kansas City, 17
Atlanta 27, New England, 23
NYG, 24, New England, 19
New England, 31, Atlanta, 24
New England, ?, Atlanta, ? (Total 51)
Dallas, 34, New England, 31
Kansas City, 34, Dallas, 27
Dallas, 31, New England, 28
Seattle, 30, New England, 27
New England, 31, Dallas, 24
New England, 41, Dallas, 31
New England, 30, Dallas, 17
New England, 24, Dallas, 21
New England, 24, NYG, 20
New England, 31, Dallas, 27

Appearances:
Seattle: 3
New England: 18
Atlanta: 4
Dallas: 10
Green Bay: 2
Pittsburgh: 2
NYG: 3
Kansas City: 2

Wins:

Seattle: 3
New England: 9 (10?)
Dallas: 3
Green Bay: 2
Pittsburgh: 1
Atlanta: 1 (2?)
NYG: 1
Kansas City 1

To answer a few questions:

1.) As you can see, we have 26 total players, but we only have a combined 44 SB appearances which is because four players failed to make Super Bowl Picks. At least, I think that is the case, they may have been sent in a separate PM that I missed. I'll check if anything actually ends up coming down to the tiebreaker.

2.) I was originally going to grant an extension on SB Picks, but decided that wouldn't be fair as the results of today's game could have an impact.

3.) NE/ATL may have one more SB win than listed. That player did not specify how much each team would score or who the winner would be. That player could still theoretically win the tiebreaker (in my view) by having both SB appearances correct. However, that player would automatically lose if they tied with the other team that picked NE/ATL.

4.) I might have done well to state this, which I'm doing now, but I hope it would be assumed: If there is a tie in points and each team picked one of the two SB teams, but one of the players picked the SB winner and the other didn't, then the team who picked the winning SB team would win.

5.) In the event that two teams tie and pick one of the two teams in the SB, then it would be based on how many points the other team they picked scored throughout the playoffs. If that is also the same, then it will be based on how close that player got on total points for the team they picked to go to the SB. If that is also a tie...I don't know, I'll figure something out!
Vultures can't be choosers.
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 14
January 7th, 2017 at 10:33:12 AM permalink
Wow, 26 players is great! We only had 14 players for the playoff contest last year!

No, I don't have an (Excel) "program" for the playoff contest, like I do with the regular season contest. All I have is a spreadsheet which contains no VBA macro code... just a couple of formulas.

I've entered everyone's picks into the spreadsheet. It is available for download here. Although there is no programming code, all you have to do is enter the spread winner and the over/under winner in the space provided and that's it. It will highlight all winning selections green, and does all of the math for you.

(It also contains last year's results, on the only other worksheet tab.)
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
January 7th, 2017 at 10:40:18 AM permalink
That's excellent, Ed, thank you very much! If you wouldn't mind actually posting the results again, I would really appreciate it. I don't have any Microsoft Office, (One computer I use is a MAC while my laptop runs on Windows, but does not have Office because I can do what I need to do free with Google Drive) so that would definitely be appreciated.

I am glad to have more players, I was almost tempted not to do the Playoffs due to disappointing turnouts in years past. I remain continuously surprised when fewer than 100% of players who play the Regular Picks Game do not turn up in the playoffs, which is also the case this year, but at least it's close. I suppose it starting so close to the New Year could be the reason why.
GWAE
GWAE
January 7th, 2017 at 11:36:20 AM permalink

Microsoft Office, (One computer I use is a MAC while my laptop runs on Windows, but does not have Office because I can do what I need to do free with Google Drive) so that would definitely be appreciated.

Obviously that is not the case sInce you cant do this ;-)

I have 8 or 9 copies of office 2003 if you want one. That is still the one I use.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
January 7th, 2017 at 11:45:36 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Obviously that is not the case sInce you cant do this ;-)

I have 8 or 9 copies of office 2003 if you want one. That is still the one I use.

To the first sentence, touche', but I imagine that EdCollins could theoretically write his programs in the Google Drive equivalent.

I appreciate the offer, but my laptop does not have a CD-ROM drive, thank you though!
GWAE
GWAE
January 7th, 2017 at 12:44:16 PM permalink
Haha I still have a floppy disc in my one computer.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
January 7th, 2017 at 1:34:22 PM permalink

To the first sentence, touche', but I imagine that EdCollins could theoretically write his programs in the Google Drive equivalent.

I appreciate the offer, but my laptop does not have a CD-ROM drive, thank you though!

I have a peripheral cd-rom drive that attaches.via usb, if that would help...
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."

• Jump to: