Keeneone
Keeneone
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 546
April 15th, 2016 at 1:56:50 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

As a Pens fan I would have to say anyone on the flyers past or present.


I have heard about the Flyers long history of aggressive antics. They have a nickname or something right? (yes, I know I can google it)

Last night Simmonds pulled a seemingly unwise move fighting late in the third period. Philly was still in the game. I guess sending a "message" was more important than actually trying to win game one?
Paradigm
Paradigm
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 2052
April 15th, 2016 at 2:49:58 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

....Just like when Matt cooke was here. His antics were horrible but he did a lot of good for the team...


Matt Cooke...again, this is what the Penguins organization puts on the ice?

The Ducks traded for Garbutt this year, I immediately fired off an e-mail to my season ticket rep and said if that guy acts like he did when he was a Dallas Star in an Anaheim uniform, I am done! I have had season tickets since 1996!! So far, he has been a much better citizen on the ice when it comes to stupid cheap ass penalties, but if that changes and the Samueli's allow Murray to keep a cheap shot artist on the team, I am out....guaranteed!!

Vote with your $$ and you loyalty...find a team you can be proud of...I would have to look up Giroux, but Simmons wasn't a cheap shot artist as an LA King and trust me as a Ducks fan, I have about as biased viewpoint as you can get when discussing any LAK player (think Philly players as a Pens fan)...playing tough and finishing checks is a far cry from trying to end someone's career like Matt Cooke...or crying and whining and pulling the cheap shot crap and having one of your teammates drop the glove for you...Pittsburgh, it's an embarrassment what is out there on the ice representing your city. Once Lemiuex and Jags were gone, the class left the Igloo.

You know who is going to have a class organization that you can dump the Pens for....Vegas (Sorry Face). Foley is a West Point graduate....I have known quite a few in my past. Always class acts, upstanding, "Do it the right way or not at all" type citizens...not a chance a player like Crosby or Cooke ends up sporting a Black Aces/Knights jersey.

I can't wait for Ovie & Co to run Crosby through the boards in the 2nd round. Not a big Ovie fan, but he is a lot better individual/hockey player than Cindy!!
Face
Administrator
Face
Joined: Dec 27, 2010
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 3685
April 15th, 2016 at 4:32:27 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

I have heard about the Flyers long history of aggressive antics. They have a nickname or something right? (yes, I know I can google it)



The Broad Street Bullies. Established a rough and tumble reputation in the 70's, I believe. Carried on through the 80's and then Lindros showed up. He is the original Philidelphia Flower and in one fell swoop ruined the tough guy dynasty. God, I hated him.

Quote: Paradigm


You know who is going to have a class organization that you can dump the Pens for....Vegas (Sorry Face). Foley is a West Point graduate....I have known quite a few in my past. Always class acts, upstanding, "Do it the right way or not at all" type citizens...not a chance a player like Crosby or Cooke ends up sporting a Black Aces/Knights jersey.



I'm over it. I know the details, I know QC isn't until '17 minimum, what can you do. And it's another team in the west AND in the desert. OK, whatever.

Interesting to see the ballsy prediction. I think management will build a team that works, damn their "class". Claude Lemeiux sure had no trouble finding work for 16 years.

Quote: Paradigm

I can't wait for Ovie & Co to run Crosby through the boards in the 2nd round. Not a big Ovie fan, but he is a lot better individual/hockey player than Cindy!!



I don't like his ethic. He is top tier talented in all aspects, AND he's a physical guy. He doesn't shy from hit. But, too many times he coasts. Ooh, I can't stand a coaster. If he gave 100% all the time, he would redefine "superstar". Alas...



But I agree; better than Cindy.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 4063
April 15th, 2016 at 5:22:15 PM permalink
Controller disconnected? Is that from a video game???

Anyway...I am pulling for the Caps as I do every year. They have ripped defeat from the jaws of victory more than once. When i first started watching, just watching Bryan Lewis skate out as the referee was enough to know that the first team to score had a definite advantage (the Islanders were absolute masters at "protecting" a lead with holding, hooking, interference, tackling, etc.--all ignore because, well, it is the playoffs...four Stanley Cups). I was there when they were down by 3 in game 7, killed off a 5 minute spearing major, and came back to win in overtime on a goal by Dale Hunter. When the lost game 7 to the Islanders in 3 overtimes or so at something like 2:30 a.m. on Easter morning--I still made sunrise service at Arlington National Cemetery. So many good memories that ended with them on the wrong end of the handshake line...

Here we go, Caps! Make this year different!!
Face
Administrator
Face
Joined: Dec 27, 2010
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 3685
April 16th, 2016 at 1:06:46 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Controller disconnected? Is that from a video game???



That's the joke =p

The footage is from real hockey. The video game icons were added as Ovi, who was "right there" and could've stepped into that 3 on 2, simply coasted on the back check and let them tic-tac-toe for the goal. His performance mimicked what happens when your controller's batteries die - all input stops and you just coast. It'd be hilarious if it weren't so tragic.

Quote: RonC

...Dale Hunter.



La Petite Peste?! Holy expletive deleted. Thanks for the flashbacks, RonC =D

I remember sitting right were I am right now, 5yrs old, curled up with Pops. We'd catch the CBC wafting over Erie with rabbit ears; the nights he'd let me stay up to watch were always the best, and the Nords became my first "favorite team". Stephan Richer, Peter Stasny, omg, I can't handle all these memories =,D

When he retired, didn't they gift him the actual penalty box?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 4063
April 16th, 2016 at 1:32:10 PM permalink
Quote: Face

La Petite Peste?! Holy expletive deleted. Thanks for the flashbacks, RonC =D

When he retired, didn't they gift him the actual penalty box?



Yes, they had moved from the Capital Centre in Landover, MD to the Verizon Center in Washington, DC in 1997. They gave him the penalty box from the Cap Centre. The Capitals also had the same radio voice for their first 1,936 games.. So many memories of my years as a season ticket holder before tickets became so expensive!! Doug Jarvis getting knocked out and carried off on a stretcher in St Louis and playing the next night in Chicago. Each player (pretty much) with a cup for their teeth to be stored in during the game. Rod Langway "The Secretary of Defense"... Watching one of the coach's kids for him at a game and how my son ran around downstairs in the bowels of the Verizon Center and hung in the family lounge--and getting to park inside the fence where players and coaches park.

I absolutely think hockey is the best sport to watch...and the playoffs are even better!!

Let's Go Caps!!
Toes14
Toes14
Joined: May 6, 2010
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 455
April 19th, 2016 at 5:21:25 PM permalink
So, is anyone surprised about the way any of the series are going so far? I picked San Jose over LA, but definitely didn't see Nashville going up 2-0 on Anaheim.
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 6226
April 19th, 2016 at 6:49:53 PM permalink
I can't wait till after post season to see what then pens do with fleury. I think Murray who was a star in the ahl is here to stay.
Paradigm
Paradigm
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 2052
April 23rd, 2016 at 12:01:39 PM permalink
Quote: Toes14

So, is anyone surprised about the way any of the series are going so far? I picked San Jose over LA, but definitely didn't see Nashville going up 2-0 on Anaheim.


Love the Sharks knocking out the LAK's, now what I need is the Ducks to take care of the "Best of Three" series ahead of them and then take out the Sharks in 5!
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
Joined: Mar 3, 2013
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 718
April 23rd, 2016 at 3:06:59 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Controller disconnected? Is that from a video game???

Anyway...I am pulling for the Caps as I do every year. They have ripped defeat from the jaws of victory more than once. When i first started watching, just watching Bryan Lewis skate out as the referee was enough to know that the first team to score had a definite advantage (the Islanders were absolute masters at "protecting" a lead with holding, hooking, interference, tackling, etc.--all ignore because, well, it is the playoffs...four Stanley Cups). I was there when they were down by 3 in game 7, killed off a 5 minute spearing major, and came back to win in overtime on a goal by Dale Hunter. When the lost game 7 to the Islanders in 3 overtimes or so at something like 2:30 a.m. on Easter morning--I still made sunrise service at Arlington National Cemetery. So many good memories that ended with them on the wrong end of the handshake line...

Here we go, Caps! Make this year different!!



Don't look now but...
After going up 3-0, the Caps find themselves playing game 6 in Philly tomorrow.

  • Jump to: