NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
October 1st, 2015 at 8:00:39 PM permalink
I'm not exactly lazy, but has anyone seen or done an analysis of this weekends games and the impact of a hurricane about to strike at kickoff ?
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
October 1st, 2015 at 8:07:45 PM permalink
No, been too busy absorbing the news about the mass shooting out here at a school.

Not another one!
"What, me worry?"
NokTang
NokTang
October 1st, 2015 at 8:11:12 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

No, been to busy absorbing the news about the mass shooting out here at a school.

Not another one!

Yes, a very sad day and times. It never seems to stop. My prayers are with the families of the deceased and those struggling to survive in hospitals.
NokTang
NokTang
October 1st, 2015 at 8:14:11 PM permalink
Just looked at the weather predictions. I wonder if any of these teams on the road had trouble getting to said venues and of course, the impact on preparing for said games and impact on the lines?

Temple at Charlotte

Wyoming at Appalachian State (what the heck is a team from Wyoming doing playing a team in the North Carolina mountains to begin with?

Louisville at N.C. State

Boston College at Duke

Florida State at Wake Forest

Notre Dame at Clemson

Donald Trump at Virginia Beach already canceled due to weather...
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
October 1st, 2015 at 9:04:52 PM permalink
The National Weather Service is taking a very cautious outlook on this Hurricane. So far this evening from about 5PM EST until now 12Midnite, Joachin has been just spinning over the Bahamas- not really moving anywhere at all ( 23N by 74.5W ). Winds estimated at 125-140MPH.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
NokTang
NokTang
October 2nd, 2015 at 4:41:37 AM permalink
Just saw a non-sports related weather story in Charlotte. Looks nasty there right now. I'm going to look at those college games now. They should be off the board.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
October 2nd, 2015 at 4:53:14 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

No, been too busy absorbing the news about the mass shooting out here at a school.

Not another one!

My wife and I personally know people affected by the Newtown, Ct. shootings, which was three years ago in December, and the Boston Marathon bombing. Our hearts are breaking for the Oregon victims and their families.

We are supposed to fly tomorrow but may change that due to Hurricane Joaquin. No matter, we can do it anytime. We're waiting to see if we have to board up one of our houses.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
  • Jump to: