Wino
Wino
  • Threads: 45
August 9th, 2015 at 9:13:37 AM permalink
Dear members,

While placing a line bet where before finalization, the website asks "agree with the change of odds 1. when odds increase 2. always 3. never." Do the odds change usually up until the sport event begins? Can the odds change while the tournament or game is in progress? Does this mean that if I choose the first option, my bet will be cancelled if odds decrease by any amount? And so, in order for me to make sure my bet goes through, must I accept option 2 in order for me to be sure that I will maintain that bet? Thanks for your help.
Wanda Wilcox: “I can’t stand people. I hate them.” Chinaski: “Oh, yeah?” Wanda: “You hate them?” Chinaski: “No, but I seem to feel better when they’re not around.” Barfly, starring Mickey Rourke
ljump12
ljump12
  • Threads: 1
August 9th, 2015 at 10:48:35 AM permalink
They're talking about the time between you enter the bet, and they "accept" the bet (Normally only a few seconds). While you're reading the odds on the webpage and making a decision they may change.

Option 1) I'm fine with the odds being different as long as they're in my favor.
Option 2) I don't care what the odds are, I want this bet
Option 3) If it changes at all in these few seconds... kick it back to me and I'll decide again.

Once your bet is accepted by the site, it is locked in at those odds and can't change for you. Even if the odds have moved, you have effectively locked in the odds they accepted -- regardless of what option you choose.

I would suggest choosing option #1.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
August 9th, 2015 at 3:34:49 PM permalink
Quote: ljump12

I would suggest choosing option #1.

Caveat: Unless you are laying the odds?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Wino
Wino
  • Threads: 45
August 9th, 2015 at 5:12:26 PM permalink
Thank you ljump12. That clarifies things.
Wanda Wilcox: “I can’t stand people. I hate them.” Chinaski: “Oh, yeah?” Wanda: “You hate them?” Chinaski: “No, but I seem to feel better when they’re not around.” Barfly, starring Mickey Rourke
  • Jump to: