alexnuggets
alexnuggets
  • Threads: 5
February 8th, 2015 at 8:23:16 AM permalink
I have had good luck on this bet in the past. I like to bet on the bottom teams to go over. The number for some is way too low.

Anyone else like this bet? What do you like to bet on?
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
  • Threads: 0
February 8th, 2015 at 10:56:49 AM permalink
Quote: alexnuggets

I have had good luck on this bet in the past. I like to bet on the bottom teams to go over. The number for some is way too low.

Anyone else like this bet? What do you like to bet on?

That would be the case for the Padres, but they've made some amazing decisions in the off season. They're going to go from one of the worst teams to one of the best this year.
alexnuggets
alexnuggets
  • Threads: 5
February 8th, 2015 at 8:47:05 PM permalink
I think the padres win number might be over inflated. Lots of big moves, they might sign shields. It will be great if I'm wrong but I'm expecting a number between 78-82 not the bottom of the pack. A great team to keep my eye on, thanks
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
February 8th, 2015 at 10:13:08 PM permalink
Quote: alexnuggets

I think the padres win number might be over inflated. Lots of big moves, they might sign shields. It will be great if I'm wrong but I'm expecting a number between 78-82 not the bottom of the pack. A great team to keep my eye on, thanks

I truly expect a great season out of them. I think they have a winning season and easily break the 50% mark. I'd even say they make the playoffs. Who knows, maybe I'm being wildly optimistic.

I've always supported my home town teams.
I'm a Padre and Charger fan in the good and bad years, and I always will be.

The Gulls are coming back, I'm super excited about that. The Soccers continue to win.
It's funny how many championships our non pro teams have won.

If the Chargers can pick up a good Center, LB, and a Power Back not made of balsa wood I think we'll have a great year.

I think it's going to be a great year for San Diego sports.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 10th, 2015 at 6:28:55 AM permalink
In my experience, betting your home team on a season over/under win total is never a good idea, whether you take the over OR the under. As a local fan you see way too much of the team and think you know more than the line makers, which is probably not true. I've lost 2 of these bets; one year took the over on the Mariners and they stunk (probably 2010, I don't remember exactly); next year took the under and the surprised and I lost again.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
February 10th, 2015 at 5:10:49 PM permalink
Aces,

The thing is though, I don't think I'm being wildly optimistic. They've made some amazing decisions.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2014/12/19/7421331/padres-trades-justin-upton-matt-kemp-wil-myers-derek-norris-sources-say-mike-trout

And they just picked up James Sheilds the other day. Things are looking up for Padre fans.
Tobiasz
Tobiasz
March 24th, 2015 at 3:53:36 AM permalink
I tried to bet like this, I often was betting on Padres, Diamondback and Dodgers. Results wasn't astonishing though. :D
  • Jump to: