Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
May 2nd, 2015 at 1:21:48 PM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

Mike De Kock has a runner in the Woodford Reserve called Umgiyo. He doesn't have the worst turf form in Dubai and if the opposition isn't too strong, if he gets away from the gate OK and if there is enough pace in the race, then he could surprise them here!

Hope to see him run OK so that we can deduce that both horses took their traveling well?

The scratching of the 3 Ramsey owned horses (apparently about a dispute with the trainer C. Brown?) certainly improved his chances. Front end speed has done very well @ on Churchill's very(?) firm turf course the last two days. Of course others are aware of this and Chocolate ride is being bet down because of it. I like Slumber in this spot.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
May 2nd, 2015 at 1:34:06 PM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

Mike De Kock has a runner in the Woodford Reserve called Umgiyo. He doesn't have the worst turf form in Dubai and if the opposition isn't too strong, if he gets away from the gate OK and if there is enough pace in the race, then he could surprise them here!

Hope to see him run OK so that we can deduce that both horses took their traveling well?

The reports I've been following have not been encouraging for how Mubtaahij is looking & moving. Not terrible, just okay to moderately good in apparent fitness & energy level. Unfortunately merely good is often not good enough to get the money in this. But it depends on who and what one chooses to see and hear about that.

I am using his turf runner Umgiyo with one other in the Woodford Reserve, tied up with my preferred three in the Derby in some multi-race wagers. Umgiyo would definitely be the more rewarding outcome, sitting at 10:1 in the win pool. Good luck to us. And if he rings the cash register maybe you can tell me what under the southern cross a (an?) Umgiyo is or does. Other than screaming "long on grass - then longer & grassier please" as a grandson of Danehill and Sadler's Wells. The misgiving I have is that Churchill's turf isn't all that turf-y; Belmont's Widener course might be more congenial than the baseball infield state of the CD sod.
"I'm against stuff like crack and math" --AxelWolf
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
May 2nd, 2015 at 1:56:30 PM permalink
I'm not sure why Umgiyo was sent to the front when he is a stone cold closer. Sorry fellas if I gave you any type of false hope. He comes from miles back and yet he was right up there. Perhaps he was more fresh than what they had expected?

Anyway on to the Derby.

I just want all horses to come back safely and may all your bets be live coming to the final turn!!!
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Keeneone
Keeneone
May 2nd, 2015 at 2:29:22 PM permalink
My four top named picks this weekend have all lost. It has not been a great showing on my part.
Callback - 2nd
Birdatthewire - 5th
Slumber - 5th
Carpe Diem - ?
----------

~$24 million in the win pool now. About ~1 hour to go.

Top 3:
~$4.6 million bet on AP
~$3.7 million bet on Dortmund
~$2.4 bet on Carpe Diem
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
May 2nd, 2015 at 3:13:59 PM permalink
Time to make the donuts. Any of three flavors would be very tasty to me: Carpe a la Diem, Matter of Ality, or a nice sweetly Frosted variety would hit the spot just fine, TYVM. At this point I'm not even imagining the small chance that Bolo showers me with absurdly large amounts of United States Federal Reserve Notes at triple digit odds in my futures and "ka-ching, tilt, tilt" in some future pool exacta combinations.. Net-net-net of everything over these five months, if Mubttaahij got there I would almost exactly break even on all this fun and games.

And I promise to smile politely when the many enthusiastic Amer. Ph. fans cramming in to hang from the rafters here cheer and begin to trickle out joyfully with the money I'm so generously providing to them in the parimutual pool.

Embrace the madness, and good luck to all. Well maybe not quite all, but much luck to many, depending on their pct. in the place and show pools and exacta arbitrage value.
Keeneone
Keeneone
May 2nd, 2015 at 3:26:03 PM permalink
I bet the lines are long and the crowd is getting restless?
----------

I just saw a shot of AP and he looks a little sweaty already. The post parade is coming soon.
----------

Good Luck to all. Come home safe and sound.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
May 2nd, 2015 at 3:26:19 PM permalink
If you don't have one of these individual wagering gizmos in front of you, I'd estimate the lines to get a bet down are about: June. If you could get in the joint, which you can't. But you might be able to get close enough to hear the race call from somewhere on the other side of the pit.
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
May 2nd, 2015 at 3:35:07 PM permalink
My bet- $100 to win on #10 Firing Line.

Good luck and enjoy the race MOFO's.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
May 2nd, 2015 at 3:35:47 PM permalink
I wonder if we might shatter a record. Some of my live data feeds on wagering flow are popping their corks and spitting fizzy gibberish..
Keeneone
Keeneone
May 2nd, 2015 at 3:39:09 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

I just saw a shot of AP and he looks a little sweaty already. The post parade is coming soon.
----------

I noticed this in the paddock, but he did look fine in the post parade. What a great looking field of runners. Gorgeous athletes.

• Jump to: